• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

To buy an iPhone or not to?

harsh1387

TF Ace
I will make it simple
And I am saying this with experience of every Android brand.

If you want Android, stick with Samsung. There flagships are great and they are providing good security and os updates for at least 4 years now. Don't indulge in Xiaomi, realme, One plus etc stuff.

If you want iPhone try it for sometime before buying. It's not for everyone. Don't follow the Apple logo stuff. That fad will go away in few days and then you may regret if ecosystem isn't to your preference.

Rest, life is short. Keep experimenting and enjoy it.

saucy

TF Ace
Budget is not a problem(although I want to buy to use not just for trial). But the thing is I'm greedy, I want the best of both worlds (consistently boring and yet usage and customizable).

I said battery part because all my experience with android started great but a year later it just doesn't live up requires constant charging or suddenly started to heat up. My current heat till 42`C. Prev one's battery problems started, drained in 2 hours and charging took a full day almost. My sister has 13 pro and she said she easily gets the screen on time for 8-9 hours without charging and 12-15 hours with counting idle, plus watched some continuous use test videos on youtube.

Another thing I forgot to mention was I need something with consistent UX. It's one peculiar thing I highly care about for no reason. Just my pet peeve, at the back of my mind it keeps reminding me and bothers me. For example, this year Xiaomi is better so I'll buy and use it with its MIUI skin. 2 years later best choice won't be Xiaomi, it might be Oneplus so have to use its UX. It will keep changing. So my options are those with almost stock UX. That's where iOS being boring shines. For android my options are Motorola or Pixel. To put it simply, if I buy from a brand then want to keep buying from the same brand again for UX consistency.

Pixel - Was my second choice if not iPhone. No trade-offs are other than having no idea what its service is like and its chip is nowhere near great as Snapdragon or M bionic.
Motorola - Cheap and good. But the crappiest camera and battery.
iPhone - Lot of trade-offs, which I mentioned are just the main ones. I don't like the fact that Apple decides how to use my own phone, what I'm allowed and not allowed to do. Although I love the flat design, boringness, and consistent UX.
Lava - At one point I even considered this one, for stock android. But it needs to prove itself. Today there is Lava, tomorrow there is no Lava.
Nothing - Same as Lava. Plus I don't want such a flashy phone.
Samsung - Not considering, it has its own samsung apps ecosystem that I don't want and cannot remove. And it will keep bothering me. And other than Note and S series, others are nah...
Xiaomi, Realme, Oneplus, etc - Done with them.

Sony - Mere pyara dulara. If they still were selling in India, I'll happily buy it, pretty much has everything without trade-offs.

Pura essay likh diya idhar 😅
Still won't change my advice 🤷

D

Deleted member 16965

I will make it simple
And I am saying this with experience of every Android brand.

If you want Android, stick with Samsung. There flagships are great and they are providing good security and os updates for at least 4 years now. Don't indulge in Xiaomi, realme, One plus etc stuff.

If you want iPhone try it for sometime before buying. It's not for everyone. Don't follow the Apple logo stuff. That fad will go away in few days and then you may regret if ecosystem isn't to your preference.

Rest, life is short. Keep experimenting and enjoy it.
Being an Apple user myself with having almost all of their products currently, I ditched iPhone as well as Apple ecosystem. I feel Androids are way more ahead of their time than iPhones. For iPhones it is more of a perfection and for Androids it is more of adopting latest technologies even if they are in their beta phases to try out what's new in the market at present.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Having said that ... I might even go back to iPhone next year... They are beatiful... But I always buy one generation earlier than the current generation, obviously for my big bang for the buck theory... They are not giving me value.. With andriod we can change the phones every year...

VISHESH_BANSAL

TF Pioneer
Mobile Phones in this current digital yuga.. an absolute must if you want to be in the mainstream and everyone knows it:

So the question arises, which one is best for me??
To know answer to this,
if we look at the supply side,, why are there so many manufacturers and so many models available in the market and a lot of them are still kind of sellling fast even now...why???
By looking at some reasonable answers for the above questions, what we would be able to understand is: Each individual has different tastes and wishes..everyone is kind of unique in their own mobile experience, their interset towards different features of the phone, their financial ability etc..etc...etc there are so many factors like this..

So big stroy cut short...
Finally, It comes down to
1Main feature(s) you are looking for
2) and budget..

If you want really an excellent battery life from a well established market player and with good software support and value for money with 5G connectivity. in mid range... and no fancy things you need... then my pick is :
Samsung M 30 series... I bought samsung M33 5g last year for 12,499 ( + 5% CB from SBI card).. It is not definitely anything flashy but does the job superbly... Two days battery, excellent 5g speeds . big screen and reasonable camera.. this is all I need...

1692558320964.png

Don't think that I am an andriod lover...I moved to anriod only last year with this model only.. Until then from 2009 to 2022 I had been using iPhone strating from iPhone 3GS.. I am attaching the pics of my iPhone 3GS that I bought under 2 years plan ( with Optus)

So it depends on what you are mainly longing for in a phone....

Having said that, if you have budget, the new generation Iphones are absolute beauties and now have an excellent battery life compared to earlier generations...

1692558131015.png
I too purchased last year.

Why you did not considered Samsung F23 over M33.

F23 was available on Flipkart.

I was confused between the two but purchsed F23

harsh1387

TF Ace
Having said that ... I might even go back to iPhone next year... They are beatiful... But I always buy one generation earlier than the current generation, obviously for my big bang for the buck theory... They are not giving me value.. With andriod we can change the phones every year...
Obviously that's the sane strategy in India where we pay extra Apple tax unlike usa. I bought 13 when 14 came. Next month I will buy 14 plus when 15 will come. I am extremely happy with my 13 but Samsung has spoiled me with bigger screens which I need cos of my extensive reading on phone + a lot of you tube. There is always a right time to get the good deal.

AritraSaha

TF Legend
Obviously that's the sane strategy in India where we pay extra Apple tax unlike usa. I bought 13 when 14 came. Next month I will buy 14 plus when 15 will come. I am extremely happy with my 13 but Samsung has spoiled me with bigger screens which I need cos of my extensive reading on phone + a lot of you tube. There is always a right time to get the good deal.
Why buy 14 plus... have same soc as 13 & camera is not aslo upgraded...

You don't need to get a phone everyyear..

Do something else with that money..