• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

To buy an iPhone or not to?

COSMOCRAT

TF Premier
I've been going back and forth deciding buying an iPhone or not. I will probably go for iPhone 15 (I know its not released yet but the way how each new iteration is getting better and better battery life is attractive) or the Pro version if the rumor of titanium body is really true. But the main reason to switch is much better battery life. Was also going to buy Macbook next year so can pair with the same environment I guess.

But trade-offs from android are:
  • No customization - Yes, I care.
  • No call recording
  • Truecaller live caller ID doesn't work or so I've seen
  • No Tachiyomi support - Will probably need to read manga on the browser like a psychopath... 😐
Worth it?

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I've been going back and forth deciding buying an iPhone or not. I will probably go for iPhone 15 (I know its not released yet but the way how each new iteration is getting better and better battery life is attractive) or the Pro version if the rumor of titanium body is really true. But the main reason to switch is much better battery life. Was also going to buy Macbook next year so can pair with the same environment I guess.

• No call recording
  • No Tachiyomi support - Will probably need to read manga on the browser like a psychopath... 😐
Worth it?
if the main reason of shifting to apple is battery
there are android top end phones with upto 6k mah battery
plus apple doesnt have nfc feature yet if i am not wrong
which samsung has

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Its good hardware combined with a good software. Its fluid smooth, camera is good, its a device that just works. Its very simplistic and I can say its so perfect that its boring.
It also has its issues. Battery on the Pro’s and the base models is okay 5-6 SoT. For good battery you need to get the Pro Max. The phone loses its brightness when it gets hot.

I am on my 11th iPhone and I am dying to switch to an Android (I have some issues with Apple and can’t trade in the device rn)
Please also try the S23 Ultra/Fold 5 before you get the iPhone.

Sanskar

TF Select
VIP Lounge

• No call recording
Worth it?
Nowadays customisation available in iPhone, like lock screen, Home Screen icons and a name card and many more.
Yes, android have edge in customisation.

And software basis. Yes you can’t record call. you can buy a device which cost is around Rs.2000 and it will record your all call even WhatsApp call, Instagram call.

Truecaller
Updated Truecaller version show live Truecaller ID

ADITYA1904

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Switching to iOS from Android will be very cumbersome and getting used to it as well. Maybe try using both - keeping Android one as backup and iPhone as daily driver
Iphone is the best…not so in battery department but you can always have back up android…but there is no match for iphone…best privacy…decision is though subjective in nature…

tryabp

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
As

• No call recording
Worth it?
This comment is from an 100% Apple devices user, i use iPhone SE, iPad, Macbook Air, Apple Watch.

Still i dont use Airpods, i go with Sennheiser for earphones!

Got my point? Apple doesn’t mean best devices for you!

Go for Apple devices only if you are ready to go completely into apple ecosystem then only go for iPhone. Otherwise there are better alternatives with innovative technologies in same price range.

D

Deleted member 16965

quick decision.
iphone isnt for everyone.
One should always use it for sometime from a friend or someone in family before getting into it.
Yes but what i feel... iPhone is good for elderly people as it is a simple and no nonsense phone with almost no customisations. In India iPhone doesn't justifies its price tag and one can get a way better phone at that price point in Android but only con will be no Apple logo at the back.

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Nowadays customisation available in iPhone, like lock screen, Home Screen icons and a name card and many more.
Yes, android have edge in customisation.

And software basis. Yes you can’t record call. you can buy a device which cost is around Rs.2000 and it will record your all call even WhatsApp call, Instagram call.

Truecaller
Updated Truecaller version show live Truecaller ID
Which is this 2000 device for recording :D very curios