• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

To buy an iPhone or not to?

harsh1387

TF Ace
I have Samsung S9+ 5 year old phone and Samsung screens are mind blowing.... My personal favourite are Samsung flagship devices for media consumption in a phone.
A lot of people don't know iphone displays are provided by Samsung only. Samsung even supplies a large part of Led panels to Sony. There display technology is brilliant. In android no one can beat Samsung super amoled screens.

D

Deleted member 16965

A lot of people don't know iphone displays are provided by Samsung only. Samsung even supplies a large part of Led panels to Sony. There display technology is brilliant. In android no one can beat Samsung super amoled screens.
Yes Samsung displays are top notch and I know very well about Samsung displays as my cousin is working in Samsung India.

saucy

TF Ace
Don't sweat it buddy.
It's a useless card anyways as you know. I only needed as rupay back up. I am now focused more on cards which gives me back some returns for my efforts. Your Indusind reference was great help today. Might pursue it rigorously as I make sometime soon.

I am already in process of shifting my money from icici to hdfc. Will stop using both of their CC too. Let's see if they find this unusual after so much activity for so many years.
This I would love to know -- if they spot your non-usage. Please do update

beingmohit

TF Premier
I've been going back and forth deciding buying an iPhone or not. I will probably go for iPhone 15 (I know its not released yet but the way how each new iteration is getting better and better battery life is attractive) or the Pro version if the rumor of titanium body is really true. But the main reason to switch is much better battery life. Was also going to buy Macbook next year so can pair with the same environment I guess.

But trade-offs from android are:
  • No customization - Yes, I care.
  • No call recording
  • Truecaller live caller ID doesn't work or so I've seen
  • No Tachiyomi support - Will probably need to read manga on the browser like a psychopath... 😐
Worth it?
Titanium frame, good battery life, excellent software, long-term support, versatile cameras, mad customizations and much more. I think you need the S24 Ultra. If you can wait 6 months or so, you can have all of the above-mentioned features at a cheaper price than Apple.
However, you can't go wrong with the iPhone 15 series either. If you are already invested in either the Apple, or Galaxy ecosystem, it would be wiser to stick to it.
For Indians, I always recommend the Galaxy line of products as they are relatively cheaper and have caught up a lot with Apple in the past couple of years.

navam

TF Premier
Cost of repair ka dhyan rakhna boss, official cost of repairing a small thing like ear speaker for two generation old iPhone 12 was quoted 24k just last month.
Got a local.shop wala Banda to fix for 3k baad mein let's see kitna chalta hai.

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Suggest some good k-drama.

Never watched any. Would like to try.
Start with twenty one twenty two, the heirs, uncontrollably fond, home town cha cha cha, crash landing on you... all romantic.. then W, my love from other planet, mystical types... Start up really knowledgeable and romantic... All in one..

Someone suggested Vincenzo which is nice too..

Usually k dramas have different concept.. jo hum usual mei sochte bhi nahi.. you will understand this when you watch w, crash landing on you, my love from other planet etc..

Last edited:

Pankhuri

TF Ace
But the main reason to switch is much better battery life.
It's a myth. The way apple get the touted numbers is making the smartphone paperweight when the screen is off. Safari, the default browser would bail on downloading a mere 300mb file for you if you happen to switch to WhatsApp after starting the download. Back in college I used to tinker with custom roms on android a lot. There were many roms which used to have same strategy to get the lowest usage when not in use. Even they were not psychopath enough to stop a download bcoz you switched apps.

I have iPad to test some things for work purposes and I can't tell how much I hate using it twice a week for 10-15 mins.

k989

TF Buzz
my experience:

I am a very casual user, no games, just browsing and email and occasional video)
i had the original iphone se. it was pretty good. however I will not buy an iphone again for the following reasons:
1. you cannot block sms senders which do not have a number. ( like AK-BAJFIN)
2. Music is a big problem if you are not into streaming and itunes.
3. many apps launch features in android first and then on iphone ( like i remember amazon pay had upi on android months before than ios)
4. absence of some niche apps (mainly FOSS and others)
5. no dual physical sim. Esim is simply inconvinient when exchanging phones and in other situations)
6. Iphone remembers all your wifi networks and cannot delete them individually unless you do a complete network reset
7. Lightning cable...i know this will change with iphone 15 but it is a pain in case you forget to carry one in airports and such. I have an airpod which still has lightning. complete move to usb-c would be great

Why I use an android:
(pixel now, but there are many sw bugs and modem + heating issues, will probably move to a sanpdragon samsung or lava if any)
1. Call recording. - Mainly for work, when u dont have a pen and paper in hand. It helps to note down customer sales calls at the end of the day. Also I wanted to record my grandfathers voice before he passed away. Similarly there are many personal anecdotes where a call recording is handy. Note: pixel doesnt have it. Thats why my next will be either lava or samsung
2. Many FOSS music apps with very good UI and lets you to download music
3. system wide adblock through adguard or private dns.
4. dual physical sim. Now that i use an esim i understand the pain.
5. App called Tachiyomi....unparalleled.
6. FOSS reddit app now use redreader.
7. NewPipe x SponsorBlock is excellent for youtube.

These were from the top of my head. Will add if i remember anything else

AritraSaha

TF Legend
It's a myth. The way apple get the touted numbers is making the smartphone paperweight when the screen is off. Safari, the default browser would bail on downloading a mere 300mb file for you if you happen to switch to WhatsApp after starting the download. Back in college I used to tinker with custom roms on android a lot. There were many roms which used to have same strategy to get the lowest usage when not in use. Even they were not psychopath enough to stop a download bcoz you switched apps.

I have iPad to test some things for work purposes and I can't tell how much I hate using it twice a week for 10-15 mins.
Bro, he doesn't know all the stuff..
& just playing bias..

You can't change his mind..

AritraSaha

TF Legend
my experience:

I am a very casual user, no games, just browsing and email and occasional video)
i had the original iphone se. it was pretty good. however I will not buy an iphone again for the following reasons:
1. you cannot block sms senders which do not have a number. ( like AK-BAJFIN)
2. Music is a big problem if you are not into streaming and itunes.
3. many apps launch features in android first and then on iphone ( like i remember amazon pay had upi on android months before than ios)
4. absence of some niche apps (mainly FOSS and others)
5. no dual physical sim. Esim is simply inconvinient when exchanging phones and in other situations)
6. Iphone remembers all your wifi networks and cannot delete them individually unless you do a complete network reset
7. Lightning cable...i know this will change with iphone 15 but it is a pain in case you forget to carry one in airports and such. I have an airpod which still has lightning. complete move to usb-c would be great

Why I use an android:
(pixel now, but there are many sw bugs and modem + heating issues, will probably move to a sanpdragon samsung or lava if any)
1. Call recording. - Mainly for work, when u dont have a pen and paper in hand. It helps to note down customer sales calls at the end of the day. Also I wanted to record my grandfathers voice before he passed away. Similarly there are many personal anecdotes where a call recording is handy. Note: pixel doesnt have it. Thats why my next will be either lava or samsung
2. Many FOSS music apps with very good UI and lets you to download music
3. system wide adblock through adguard or private dns.
4. dual physical sim. Now that i use an esim i understand the pain.
5. App called Tachiyomi....unparalleled.
6. FOSS reddit app now use redreader.
7. NewPipe x SponsorBlock is excellent for youtube.

These were from the top of my head. Will add if i remember anything else
I heard in iPhone you can't change the ringtone without paying for itunes??