• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unable to increase credit limit on Axis Bank cards

Kaizer

TF Buzz
I've been trying to increase my Axis Bank credit limit for some time, but it keeps saying that I'm not eligible for it. Have been stuck on the same credit limit (₹60k) for the last 4 years.
Very recently I got the Amazon Pay ICICI card with credit limit of ₹1.7l and SBI Cashback Card with limit of ₹1.4l.
I have been maintaining a savings account with Axis for the last 6+ years, yet not getting any limit increase from them.
Any idea what else I can do to get my limit increased?

I've been trying to increase my Axis Bank credit limit for some time, but it keeps saying that I'm not eligible for it. Have been stuck on the same credit limit (₹60k) for the last 4 years.
Very recently I got the Amazon Pay ICICI card with credit limit of ₹1.7l and SBI Cashback Card with limit of ₹1.4l.
I have been maintaining a savings account with Axis for the last 6+ years, yet not getting any limit increase from them.
This worked for me:
After 6 months I reached out to customer care where I was asked to submit my 3 months payslip. But surprisingly, the request for LE never got fulfilled. (This was for axis Flipkart)
I force closed that card and after 3 months applied for axis Airtel from Airtel app.
The new card came with a limit of 5lks+
The old card was at 40k

This worked for me:
After 6 months I reached out to customer care where I was asked to submit my 3 months payslip. But surprisingly, the request for LE never got fulfilled. (This was for axis Flipkart)
I force closed that card and after 3 months applied for axis Airtel from Airtel app.
The new card came with a limit of 5lks+
The old card was at 40k
Do I have to force close my current cards and apply for a new card, or can I just apply for a new one while retaining my existing cards?

You can send email to premium.experience@axisbank.com stating your last 4 digit card number and the reference of your account relationship for more than 6 years. I got 1.5 Lakhs limit increase last week.
Note: Make sure you didn't initiate any request on credit limit in the last 6 months. Otherwise they will not process and you have to wait another 6 months to initate a new request.

I have personally noticed that Axis gives LE offer when they notice that you have spend a lot in last 1-2 months, like almost filled your existing limit.

For me, that happened last year. But now my expenses are quite normal so dont get new offers.

Do I have to force close my current cards and apply for a new card, or can I just apply for a new one while retaining my existing cards?
You can definitely apply for new cards and can keep current card active too. However, here is the catch, if you go to axis app and click on apply cards, it will show you the current limit and possibly the new card will come with shared limit to existing. This will be a big blunder 😂
That is the sole reason I closed my previous and applied a new one.
Adding screenshot for better understanding.

Attachments

• IMG_5301.webp
    IMG_5301.webp
    420.1 KB · Views: 42
try these methods
1. use the card regularly and reach at least 75% of the limit provided
2. apply for a new card from their website, not from pre approved section(Recommended)
3. Close the card and apply for a new one but it takes time
4. Manually req for LE using income docs

Back