• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unable to increase credit limit on Axis Bank cards

Kaizer

TF Buzz
I've been trying to increase my Axis Bank credit limit for some time, but it keeps saying that I'm not eligible for it. Have been stuck on the same credit limit (₹60k) for the last 4 years.
Very recently I got the Amazon Pay ICICI card with credit limit of ₹1.7l and SBI Cashback Card with limit of ₹1.4l.
I have been maintaining a savings account with Axis for the last 6+ years, yet not getting any limit increase from them.
Any idea what else I can do to get my limit increased?

try these methods
1. use the card regularly and reach at least 75% of the limit provided
2. apply for a new card from their website, not from pre approved section(Recommended)
3. Close the card and apply for a new one but it takes time
4. Manually req for LE using income docs
Last year during Magnus bright period,

1. I was spending upto 70% for 4-5 months straight but Axis was not kind enough on increasing limit.
2. Yes second might work (hit and miss) sometimes, better to have a gap of 6 months.
3. 3-6 months gap.
4. Yes it works.

I have a question.....
Is it worth opening an HNI account just for cc?
As of now, very few cards are rewarding in Axis Bank and they r very unstable with their terms
it's ok if he/she needs the benefits of burgundy

try these methods
2. apply for a new card from their website, not from pre approved section(Recommended)
Number one does not work I have tried it
Only number four will work

I've been trying to increase my Axis Bank credit limit for some time, but it keeps saying that I'm not eligible for it. Have been stuck on the same credit limit (₹60k) for the last 4 years.
Very recently I got the Amazon Pay ICICI card with credit limit of ₹1.7l and SBI Cashback Card with limit of ₹1.4l.
I have been maintaining a savings account with Axis for the last 6+ years, yet not getting any limit increase from them.
Any idea what else I can do to get my limit increased?
Telling you straight way to get higher limit maybe 2X or above
If axis support not increasing the CL Drop email to Nodal.officer@axisbank.com he'll increase your limit if he can't thn drop email to Pno@axisbank.com he'll definitely increase but there will be cibil hit bt it's fine I'll tell u the way to remove enquiry after getting LE on your card.
I've done same!
Best of luck

Telling you straight way to get higher limit maybe 2X or above
If axis support not increasing the CL Drop email to Nodal.officer@axisbank.com he'll increase your limit if he can't thn drop email to Pno@axisbank.com he'll definitely increase but there will be cibil hit bt it's fine I'll tell u the way to remove enquiry after getting LE on your card.
I've done same!
Best of luck
Can you tell which documents they will consider for LE? ITR, Form 16, salary slip?

Also, do they match limit with existing cards?

Can you tell which documents they will consider for LE? ITR, Form 16, salary slip?

Also, do they match limit with existing cards?
1) For salaried customers: Last 2 months salary slips.

2) For self-employed customers: Latest ITR with acknowledgment (computation of income and profit
and loss account statement)/ Form16 (Part A & Part B)

(I GAVE ITR WITH COMPUTATION)

3) If you have salary account with Axis Bank, then please confirm so that, we can initiate the request without documents.

My limit in Axis is 1.3L and I am thinking to make a FD of 3-4L and then get the secured CC, then my Overall limit will be the maximum limit, so, using the statements of my unsecured credit card, then I will apply some cards on C2C basis.

Will this method will work?

Last edited:
try these methods

Second point kinda helped for me.

Have been holding an Axis card since 2015 with 3.2L limit but suddenly during COVID, my limit was reduced to 80k citing internal risk. Was stuck with this limit for 2 years and then in 2022, submitted another card statement (15L Limit) for the increase and it was done to 1.5 L.

In 2023, applied for Magnus thru an agent with the same card statement as a supporting doc, and got a limit of 10L . All limits were merged during the last half of the year.

To my surprise, my card limit was increased to 14L during March this year and to 17L now when Citi card merged with Axis. I have the highest limit with Axis now, of all the banks.

Back