• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unexpected approval of SBI Cashback Card.

doomlord

TF Select
I applied for this credit card on 15th December 2023 via CashKaro, attracted by their ₹1800 offer. On Sprint, they promptly requested basic information and Aadhar authentication. Within 2-3 days, I received a call regarding an address format change. The agent informed me that the address format was incorrect and sent me a link to update both my office and home addresses, providing guidance on how to do so.

After 1-2 days, I received the KYC link and booked a slot. It was a VKYC process, which again experienced a delay of 2-3 days. Following that, I did not receive any further communication. I messaged the agent who had initially contacted me, as he had mentioned I could reach out in case of any issues. Despite sending multiple messages, he assured me he would look into it but did not take any action.

I also informed my friend at SBI Cards, who said he would investigate and later informed me to wait for 21 days. I then reached out to SBI Cards and the nodal officer, both of whom advised me to wait for the same duration. After the 21 days had passed without any updates, I sent another email to the SBI card team, this time expressing my frustration.

Around the same time, my friend at SBI Cards informed me that my application had been escalated. Just on 6-2-24, I received an email requesting verification of my company mail. Prior to that, I had received a call from SBI Cards for verification of my office and home addresses. The representative assured me that my card would be dispatched within 3-4 days.

Initially skeptical, I asked if my application had been approved or if there were any further steps required. She clarified that this was solely for address verification and assured me that I would receive confirmation soon. Today, I finally received the confirmation that the card is ready to be activated online, with the physical card to follow in a few days.

Sorry for the lengthy post 😂. I had actually stopped caring about this application, but as they say, miracles do happen 🤣.
It took me approx 2 months to get a Card from SBI.

Jeba M

TF Buzz
But in SBI Card portal it's shows application declined due to internal policy don't know whats wrong with sbi.
For the last one year I am getting the same remarks for me, my wife, friends and colleagues. I don't know the exact issue. If we escalate, SBI is telling same blah blah blah.

SplendorSuperman

TF Premier
Contributor
Update:

My cashkaro cashback of 1800 got credited on 20th March and I redeemed it to my Amazon pay balance. I am an existing SBI cards user.

Edit: Added more details.
I already had Cashback card since December, applied for Simplyclick through Cashkaro last month.
I had low hopes of getting the cashkaro rewards as I already had a card.

Rewards were confirmed today 😬😬.