• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unexpected approval of SBI Cashback Card.

doomlord

TF Select
I applied for this credit card on 15th December 2023 via CashKaro, attracted by their ₹1800 offer. On Sprint, they promptly requested basic information and Aadhar authentication. Within 2-3 days, I received a call regarding an address format change. The agent informed me that the address format was incorrect and sent me a link to update both my office and home addresses, providing guidance on how to do so.

After 1-2 days, I received the KYC link and booked a slot. It was a VKYC process, which again experienced a delay of 2-3 days. Following that, I did not receive any further communication. I messaged the agent who had initially contacted me, as he had mentioned I could reach out in case of any issues. Despite sending multiple messages, he assured me he would look into it but did not take any action.

I also informed my friend at SBI Cards, who said he would investigate and later informed me to wait for 21 days. I then reached out to SBI Cards and the nodal officer, both of whom advised me to wait for the same duration. After the 21 days had passed without any updates, I sent another email to the SBI card team, this time expressing my frustration.

Around the same time, my friend at SBI Cards informed me that my application had been escalated. Just on 6-2-24, I received an email requesting verification of my company mail. Prior to that, I had received a call from SBI Cards for verification of my office and home addresses. The representative assured me that my card would be dispatched within 3-4 days.

Initially skeptical, I asked if my application had been approved or if there were any further steps required. She clarified that this was solely for address verification and assured me that I would receive confirmation soon. Today, I finally received the confirmation that the card is ready to be activated online, with the physical card to follow in a few days.

Sorry for the lengthy post 😂. I had actually stopped caring about this application, but as they say, miracles do happen 🤣.
It took me approx 2 months to get a Card from SBI.

Faust

TF Select
I wish I had applied via cashkaro and got the joining fee compensated had I known.

But at least the process was smooth this time after getting rejected previously.
I probably got the card within 1 week of application.

doomlord

TF Select
In my case, despite of multiple escalations SBI took 2 months to decline my application.

Lucky you 🫠
Even I'd given up, was hopeless that SBI could do anything but maybe because of my friend it worked out although I'm not sure.
I wish I had applied via cashkaro and got the joining fee compensated had I known.

But at least the process was smooth this time after getting rejected previously.
I probably got the card within 1 week of application.
That's better than waiting for two months I feel. Although I didn't bother about it much but yeah free money is always better than no money, I keep checking CashKaro for offers on CCs.

SplendorSuperman

TF Premier
Contributor
I applied on my 25th Birthday and card was received within a week.
Was pretty skeptical of SBI card processing and prepared to bear problems but it was surprisingly smooth.

Anil_Singh

TF Ace
My case is somewhat different.

Yesterday, I saw the same offer of 1800 on cashkaro. I am already an sbi card holder. According to tnc, I am not eligible. But few members here got offer money even after holding an sbi card.

I took the chance and enabled rewards, clicked on link. It redirected to sprint app. Asked me a few details, did my digital aadhar verification, asked me to upload a selfie, penny drop of Rs.1 from sbi bank. That's it.

Got approval message today afternoon. I am still speechless.

Rkr

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
I applied for this credit card on 15th December 2023 via CashKaro, attracted by their ₹1800 offer. On Sprint, they promptly requested basic information and Aadhar authentication. Within 2-3 days, I received a call regarding an address format change. The agent informed me that the address format was incorrect and sent me a link to update both my office and home addresses, providing guidance on how to do so.

After 1-2 days, I received the KYC link and booked a slot. It was a VKYC process, which again experienced a delay of 2-3 days. Following that, I did not receive any further communication. I messaged the agent who had initially contacted me, as he had mentioned I could reach out in case of any issues. Despite sending multiple messages, he assured me he would look into it but did not take any action.

I also informed my friend at SBI Cards, who said he would investigate and later informed me to wait for 21 days. I then reached out to SBI Cards and the nodal officer, both of whom advised me to wait for the same duration. After the 21 days had passed without any updates, I sent another email to the SBI card team, this time expressing my frustration.

Around the same time, my friend at SBI Cards informed me that my application had been escalated. Just on 6-2-24, I received an email requesting verification of my company mail. Prior to that, I had received a call from SBI Cards for verification of my office and home addresses. The representative assured me that my card would be dispatched within 3-4 days.

Initially skeptical, I asked if my application had been approved or if there were any further steps required. She clarified that this was solely for address verification and assured me that I would receive confirmation soon. Today, I finally received the confirmation that the card is ready to be activated online, with the physical card to follow in a few days.

Sorry for the lengthy post 😂. I had actually stopped caring about this application, but as they say, miracles do happen 🤣.
It took me approx 2 months to get a Card from SBI.
Lucky enough.....I have came through the cases where SBI Card is unable to trace the Application in thier system..

Akashn

TF Ace
My case is somewhat different.

Yesterday, I saw the same offer of 1800 on cashkaro. I am already an sbi card holder. According to tnc, I am not eligible. But few members here got offer money even after holding an sbi card.

I took the chance and enabled rewards, clicked on link. It redirected to sprint app. Asked me a few details, did my digital aadhar verification, asked me to upload a selfie, penny drop of Rs.1 from sbi bank. That's it.

Got approval message today afternoon. I am still speechless.
Did you get better limit on CB card?
Did you get your first sbi card the same way?

LvTefi

TF Buzz
I never know getting SBI CB is this tough.. I already have SBI SB, home loan and SimplySave. Never thought of applying but with Dec relaxed office work, tried to Apply CB in sprint, got instant approval with Digilocker, selfie photo and penny drop in SB- and delivered in 3 days with 20K limit. Called CC and requested to move ~90% of the SimplySave CL >5L to CB and get it done instantly. Thought of closing the SImplySave but next day I got the CL increase for SimplySave via app which was more than what I had earlier; dropped the closing out plan and requested to VISA to Rupay flip and got it approved and delivered just like that.