• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unexpected Convenience Fees with SBI RuPay Platinum JCB Debit Card (Friday Offer)

6ix9ine

TF Ace
Hey guys, today is Friday and I went to Amazon to pay my electricity bill.

To my surprise, I noticed that my SBI RuPay Platinum JCB card is being considered as a 'CREDIT CARD' instead of 'DEBIT CARD' and incurs convenience fees of 1.18% when paying my electricity bill.

I tried talking to customer care, explaining everything to them, but they were clueless and took 30-45 minutes of my time without any resolution.

I have a question for everyone who holds this specific debit card variant:

Could you please check if your debit card is also being considered as credit card? Are you also being charged convenience fees?

Thanks in advance.

//Edit on: 16/08/2024
S. No.​
Utility Name​
Convenience Charge on SBI RuPay Platinum JCB (Y/N)​
(1)​
Electricity​
Y
(2)​
Landline/Broadband​
Y
(3)​
Postpaid​
Y
(4)​
Water​
-​
(5)​
Municipal Services​
-​
(6)​
Municipal Tax​
-​
(7)​
Cable TV​
-​
(8)​
Education Fees​
-​
(9)​
Piped Gas​
-​

Last edited:
"Amazon will be levying 1.18% convenience fee on all credit cards except Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card and 1% on all debit cards except Rupay Debit Card. This is inclusive of all applicable taxes. No charges applicable for all other payment instruments."

So there should be no charges for SBI Rupay DC
yes no charges fr rupay dc

"Amazon will be levying 1.18% convenience fee on all credit cards except Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card and 1% on all debit cards except Rupay Debit Card. This is inclusive of all applicable taxes. No charges applicable for all other payment instruments."

So there should be no charges for SBI Rupay DC
Exactly, when I click on my NSDL RuPay platinum DC, there wasn't any charges on it. But, when I used my SBI JCB RuPay Platinum DC. It shows 1.18% fees lol

yes no charges fr rupay dc
True

i

think jcb is international card i think..if m not wrong fully..its treating that card as out of indian..may be m wrong..as rupay is designed for india only
The full name is SBI Rupay Platinum JCB variant. I understand what you are trying to convey, and there is a possibility that Amazon has not integrated all the variants of RuPay debit cards into their system to avoid this convenience fee. Perhaps, this JCB variant is one of them.

The full name is SBI Rupay Platinum JCB variant. I understand what you are trying to convey, and there is a possibility that Amazon has not integrated all the variants of RuPay debit cards into their system to avoid this convenience fee. Perhaps, this JCB variant is one of them.
yah..they cant detect that card as our normal indian rupay variant..why not asking sbi about it..amazon is fool in these cases

yah..they cant detect that card as our normal indian rupay variant..why not asking sbi about it..amazon is fool in these cases
You will be surprised to know that SBI customer care doesn't even know about the existence of this debit card.

This debit card can only be issued through a branch. It's the amazon fault. I guess, we can only wait till they fix it on their own.

You will be surprised to know that SBI customer care doesn't even know about the existence of this debit card.

This debit card can only be issued through a branch. It's the amazon fault. I guess, we can only wait till they fix it on their own.
as usual they doesnt know about cards..they r just waste of time..its amazon's technical fault..they will fix it..but at what cost of time..thats very doubtful

You need to report this so that CC or Senior can put this forward to concerned department to make it quick.

And may be they will credit extra charges to Amazon Pay A/c.

SBI are in a class of its own
Have you contacted Amazon cust care
I already did, and if I post the screenshots of my chat, this thread will become a comedy show.

The customer care executive asked me where I read that Rupay debit cards would be exempt from the convenience fee.

I copy-pasted this:

Guess what she replied? "Sir, it means that convenience fees will be applied on RUPAY DEBIT CARDS but not on other debit cards."

I was absolutely fuming at this point. Man, how do these guys even get recruited if they can't read their own terms and conditions. :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240719-140646~2.webp
    Screenshot_20240719-140646~2.webp
    54.5 KB · Views: 36
You need to report this so that CC or Senior can put this forward to concerned department to make it quick.

And may be they will credit extra charges to Amazon Pay A/c.
Yes, she said that she will report this on a urgent basis and unfortunately, she cannot refund the charged convenience fee.

I already did, and if I post the screenshots of my chat, this thread will become a comedy show.

The customer care executive asked me where I read that Rupay debit cards would be exempt from the convenience fee.

I copy-pasted this:

Guess what she replied? "Sir, it means that convenience fees will be applied on RUPAY DEBIT CARDS but not on other debit cards."

I was absolutely fuming at this point. Man, how do these guys even get recruited if they can't read their own terms and conditions. :(
larki hai..kuch bhi bol sakta hai

I copy-pasted this:

I copy-pasted this:

Inko inka terms and conditions padhne lagate na, just aap chat end karte and dausre dhang ka CC se connect hote...

Back