• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unexpected Convenience Fees with SBI RuPay Platinum JCB Debit Card (Friday Offer)

6ix9ine

TF Ace
Hey guys, today is Friday and I went to Amazon to pay my electricity bill.

To my surprise, I noticed that my SBI RuPay Platinum JCB card is being considered as a 'CREDIT CARD' instead of 'DEBIT CARD' and incurs convenience fees of 1.18% when paying my electricity bill.

I tried talking to customer care, explaining everything to them, but they were clueless and took 30-45 minutes of my time without any resolution.

I have a question for everyone who holds this specific debit card variant:

Could you please check if your debit card is also being considered as credit card? Are you also being charged convenience fees?

Thanks in advance.

//Edit on: 16/08/2024
S. No.​
Utility Name​
Convenience Charge on SBI RuPay Platinum JCB (Y/N)​
(1)​
Electricity​
Y
(2)​
Landline/Broadband​
Y
(3)​
Postpaid​
Y
(4)​
Water​
-​
(5)​
Municipal Services​
-​
(6)​
Municipal Tax​
-​
(7)​
Cable TV​
-​
(8)​
Education Fees​
-​
(9)​
Piped Gas​
-​

Last edited:
Inko inka terms and conditions padhne lagate na, just aap chat end karte and dausre dhang ka CC se connect hote...
Just tried, ab toh usse bhi next level aadmi aaya hai. Bhagwan kasam poore brain cells khatam kardiye.

New customer guy says: sir this is shipping and handling charges.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240719-172902.webp
    Screenshot_20240719-172902.webp
    77.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Screenshot_20240719-172922.webp
    Screenshot_20240719-172922.webp
    98.6 KB · Views: 34
Just tried, ab toh usse bhi next level aadmi aaya hai. Bhagwan kasam pure brain cells khatam kardiye.

New customer guy says: sir this is shipping and handling charges.
Usually senseless aadmi ko ye job pe baiathe rehte and u need to perform heat and trail unless you find sensible and helpful one

Try calling and ask to get connected with senior one

P.S: For a small problem they waste our time too much not only this mental agony to another level, but this is only way.

Usually senseless aadmi ko ye job pe baiathe rehte and u need to perform heat and trail unless you find sensible and helpful one

Try calling and ask to get connected with senior one

P.S: For a small problem they waste our time too much not only this mental agony to another level, but this is only way.
Totally agree 👍🏻

Yeah so today on as on Jul 26th the problem still persists. I have a rupay-jcb too from sbi and it is showing convenience fees. Only some one with an inside track to amazon can help resolve this issue. As customer care is clueless

Yeah so today on as on Jul 26th the problem still persists. I have a rupay-jcb too from sbi and it is showing convenience fees. Only some one with an inside track to amazon can help resolve this issue. As customer care is clueless
Exactly. Their system thinks this debit card is actually a credit card. I'm so done with their customer care.

i did delete the card and re-add it again before i posted. It is showing a convinence charge of 2.22 on a payment of 235.

side note: where can you see it as a debit card?on desktop or mobile app? to me amazon does not seperately mention debit card. It is clubbed under credit and debit.
it will be helpful to know if amazon clearly mentions somewhere it is debit card

i did delete the card and re-add it again before i posted. It is showing a convinence charge of 2.22 on a payment of 235.

side note: where can you see it as a debit card?on desktop or mobile app? to me amazon does not seperately mention debit card. It is clubbed under credit and debit.
it will be helpful to know if amazon clearly mentions somewhere it is debit card
Well, that's very unfortunate and we can't verify it here. But, when I was chatting with Amazon customer executive, I downloaded the invoice of my previous transaction where I used my RuPay JCB card (it was incurring a convenience charge).

You can do the same as well, just to your orders and look for the transactions in which you've used your SBI JCB card.

Once you open the order, there is a button called 'download invoice' and once you download that you’ll see 'Mode of Payment' at the bottom right corner.

It will show 'Credit Card'. I argued with customer service about how my SBI card could show as both debit and credit card, but they had no answers.

Ps:- I don't think this invoice thingy work for transactions where you used debit card.

Last edited:
Well, that's very unfortunate and we can't verify it here. But, when I was chatting with Amazon customer executive, I downloaded the invoice of my previous transaction where I used my RuPay JCB card (it was incurring a convenience charge).

You can do the same as well, just to your orders and look for the transactions in which you've used your SBI JCB card.

Once you open the order, there is a button called 'download invoice' and once you download that you’ll see 'Mode of Payment' at the bottom right corner.

It will show 'Credit Card'. I argued with customer service about how my SBI card could show as both debit and credit card, but they had no answers.

Ps:- I don't think this invoice thingy work for transactions where you used debit card.
anyway, do let me know one friday when you actually pay your bill, if you face this issue

update: i tried to pay my bill today and it is recognizing as debit card now but not Rupay. For my bill of 588 it is asking for a convinience fee of 5.77. deleting and re-adding card does not help.

Back