• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Unity Small Finance Bank Online Account Opening

Pradumya

TF Ace
Was going through the community, I found someone mentioning Wint wealth FD for zero balance account in Unity SFB.

If anyone else opens up account thru this, please share your experience as well. It might help others.

Went to wint wealth site to verify, found it true.
Screenshot_20240605-152439.png

Also if we withdraw the FD within 7 days, we will get our principal back in Unity SFB Saving account.

Few questions -
1. Is there any minimum limit for FD for this zero balance account?
Yes the minimum limit is 1000₹ for FD to be created.
2. If I withdraw the FD within 7 days, will my account be converted to MAB account?
It is a mab account only.. just due to wint wealth promotion it is zero mab for limited time.

I am getting attracted to the 6% interest rate. Also Unity SFB is available on UPI (to receive), recently launched debit card.
Any one has experience of opening this particular account?

UPDATE 1 - Opened wint wealth account and opened Unity SFB Saving account. Then without opening FD, clicked on delete account option on wint wealth app.
Yet to receive welcome kit. Read UPDATE 5.

The account opening was smoothest, all details filled in wint wealth app, then redirected to unitybank website for VKYC, the call was connected within 30 seconds and the girl just asked my basic details like PAN, address and occupation. Clicked PAN image, my photo and signature. All this was done within 6-7 minutes. After around 10 minutes, I received congratulations message and mail from wint wealth that account is opened along with account details.

UPDATE 2 - The account type mentioned in estatement is DIGITAL FINTECH SAVINGS ACCOUNT.
Screenshot_20240605-224525.png
It is essentially the same classic saving account with MAB as mentioned in the attached pdf but opened digitally.

UPDATE 3 - Have a look at attached PDF

UPDATE 4 - Recieved a call from Bank, i asked her about MAB and she informed me that the account variant is different so there might be change in MAB after 30 june.
I am not so confident in their words, but if its true then it will be almost equivalent to IDFC Future FIRST account. The picture will get clearer from 1st July

UPDATE 5 - Regarding welcome kit, the lady told me that they don't send any welcome kit, we need to apply for debit card and cheque book from WhatsApp. More information is in post 46 of this thread.

UPDATE 6 - Access to Mobile app now available. See screenshots below:
Screenshot_20240903-111250~2.webp Screenshot_20240903-111341.webp Screenshot_20240903-112205.webp Screenshot_20240903-112510-132.webp

Attachments

Last edited:
I want to know how can I use unity bank mobile app
Just download from play store and register. It will verify the SIM and let you register
procedure to get welcome kit and charges.
No welcome kit delivered at home. Charges 👇
Unofficial UPDATE - The zero charges on all services extended till 30 September 2024.

Use WhatsApp banking and order chequebook and debit card from WhatsApp for FREE.

Just download from play store and register. It will verify the SIM and let you register

No welcome kit delivered at home. Charges 👇

Use WhatsApp banking and order chequebook and debit card from WhatsApp for FREE.
After how many days they delivered?
I have not received any official message just acknowledgement on WhatsApp that my card order has been placed.

After how much time app activated?
It usually takes 2-3 after you get your customer ID. These days they are not opening digitally from months and only through branches. Accounts gets opened same day with Cust ID and Acc. or max. next day. You can ask for details by branch or ask them to Whatsapp you later but app works after 3-4 days. Whatsapp Banking start working immediately but to reggister for that Cust ID is mandatory.

No welcome kit. Order it from Whatsapp banking number or place request on App. Also remember, Full KYC update takes 7-10 days and it can show partial KYC in app but it will remove once whole process completes. Won't affect any operations. Normally a branch processed account takes 3-15 days for completion than a eKYC based account which processes faster in max. 2-5 days.

I opened last years with savings and initial funding 10K or 20K (don't remember). Made FD via App and maturing this year. Best part is 6% savings interest between 0-1L and 7.25% on balance above it. But don't go above 5K inclusing all savings+FDs if you are conservative. I have TRV of Rs.11.5L currently with two FDs maturing soon. App is working flawlessly but ask for location access everytime you tfr funds. Being engineer myself, I can say, they have the spying app in name of bank app. Keep app in dark mode only in appearance settings as light mode make some option disappear.

Park you surplus funds in Unity for extra savings interest. They will reduce to 5% from current 6% in Oct-Dec quarter as intimated by Branch Manager to me. Also FD rates will start falling by 25 basis points now as RBI is on the verge of interest rate cuts in monetary policy. Untiy has the highest RoI current among all SFBs and growing good. After this, Utkarsh Small Finance Bank is best option to consider with 8.50% normal and 9.10% Sr. Citizens FD rates. They have everything digital from account opening to better Internet Banking/App experience.

Branch officer know only 1 thing

Target poora karna hai
Toh aur kya kare woh? Har customer ke liye Pooja ki thaali rakhey Jaya bacchan ki tarah aur hamein SRK samjhe jo flight se utar ke sidha account khulwaney aa gaya? Aayiye, humse 9% le jayiye.... :ROFLMAO:

Bhai branch ke log kya kehtey hai us se zyada life mein khud ka experience rakho. Mujhe bhi branch manager ne kaha tha ki Sir, app register mat karna aapki FD main yahi se bana dunga. I just said, okay, aayunga mai fir dubara parso. But I register app. Made RTGS to my account and created FD myself. Mine app registered on 3rd day of opening without any problem. I called him and told ki I created FD.

Next FD, I made at branch for the reason, they use their code while making FD and get 0.25-1% comission of deposit value based on product. Toh usko bhi khush kar diya. The policy of life is simple, it is a give and take culture but most think about taking every benefit while giving nothing. These days he is asking me to be ready for upgrade as premium savings account and wealth banking products will launch soon. I said I will wait. Now it's on me whether I go for it or not.

Today's generation want everything at their doorstep or through mobile. Inko pata hi nahi hai account maintain karne ke apne fayede hai aur branch janey ke. Tum uhne business do aur fir fruits reap karo. Kabhi baitho thode time branch, jitna benefit tumhe digital banking nahi de rahi, branch/relationship manager de dega. But aaj ki generation khuh ko khuda samajhti hai but end of day made fool of themselves.

Thread 'Unity Small Finance Bank Online Account Opening'

Was going through the community, I found someone mentioning Wint wealth FD for zero balance account in Unity SFB.

If anyone else opens up account thru this, please share your experience as well. It might help others.

Went to wint wealth site to verify, found it true.
View attachment 56184

Also if we withdraw the FD within 7 days, we will get our principal back in Unity SFB Saving account.

Few questions -
1. Is there any minimum limit for FD for this zero balance account?
Yes the minimum limit is 1000₹ for FD to be created.
2. If I withdraw the FD within 7 days, will my account be converted to MAB account?
It is a mab account only.. just due to wint wealth promotion it is zero mab for limited time.

I am getting attracted to the 6% interest rate. Also Unity SFB is available on UPI (to receive), recently launched debit card.
Any one has experience of opening this particular account?

UPDATE 1 - Opened wint wealth account and opened Unity SFB Saving account. Then without opening FD, clicked on delete account option on wint wealth app.
Yet to receive welcome kit. Read UPDATE 5.

The account opening was smoothest, all details filled in wint wealth app, then redirected to unitybank website for VKYC, the call was connected within 30 seconds and the girl just asked my basic details like PAN, address and occupation. Clicked PAN image, my photo and signature. All this was done within 6-7 minutes. After around 10 minutes, I received congratulations message and mail from wint wealth that account is opened along with account details.

UPDATE 2 - The account type mentioned in estatement is DIGITAL FINTECH SAVINGS ACCOUNT.
View attachment 56221
It is essentially the same classic saving account with MAB as mentioned in the attached pdf but opened digitally.

UPDATE 3 - Have a look at attached PDF

UPDATE 4 - Recieved a call from Bank, i asked her about MAB and she informed me that the account variant is different so there might be change in MAB after 30 june.
I am not so confident in their words, but if its true then it will be almost equivalent to IDFC Future FIRST account. The picture will get clearer from 1st July

UPDATE 5 - Regarding welcome kit, the lady told me that they don't send any welcome kit, we need to apply for debit card and cheque book from WhatsApp. More information is in post 46 of this thread.

UPDATE 6 - Access to Mobile app now available. See screenshots below:
View attachment 67196View attachment 67195View attachment 67199View attachment 67200
Received my DC/ Chequebook today.

30 page chequebook.

I don't know but not able to register for UPI.

Looks like first I have to generate green pin and then I can register for UPI.

Attachments

• IMG_20240907_140331.webp
    IMG_20240907_140331.webp
    203.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20240907_140633.webp
    IMG_20240907_140633.webp
    330.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20240907_140844.webp
    IMG_20240907_140844.webp
    265 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20240907_141229.webp
    IMG_20240907_141229.webp
    287.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20240907_142430.webp
    IMG_20240907_142430.webp
    380 KB · Views: 15

30 page chequebook.

The PIN has nothing to do with UPI. I had opened my account directly with the bank more than 2 months ago and the customer care mentioned upfront that the bank doesn't support UPI and cannot share any timelines as to when they will start supporting UPI.

The branch representative had taken my signature on 4 FD forms at the time of opening the account and I created 3 FDs by transferring the amount and then asking them to create the FD.

In my case, I was unable to conduct any online transaction using the debit card as debit card controls are not present on WhatsApp and the branch suggested me to set the PIN which had no impact. I had to raise a complaint and after that they took over 2 weeks to finally enable online transactions on the card.

Also, they finally enabled access to their app on iOS after 1.5 months. I received a mail advertising the app and customer care confirmed this time around that these mails are targeted and that it is possible to register on the app only after you receive such an email.

Last edited:

30 page chequebook.

Have you received both in same courier envelope or different tracking numbers were there for both? Mine came in same in past. But yours seems two different envelope. :) If you want, later change this Rupay Classic card to Platinum by requesting branch. Through app and for first time request they just send classic.

Have you received both in same courier envelope or different tracking numbers were there for both? Mine came in same in past. But yours seems two different envelope. :) If you want, later change this Rupay Classic card to Platinum by requesting branch. Through app and for first time request they just send classic.
I received both in same envelope.

Do this change of card requires any charge?

Did u open account offline?

I received both in same envelope.

Do this change of card requires any charge?

Did u open account offline?
I opned account at branch... So offline it was. Took only a day. You have to visit branch to request from there as even CC denies to take request and on app it does take request but will again send Classic. So better visit branch, talk to people there and they make request from their end because they have option to select card variant and type.

But on NPCI website it is showing Unity bank live on UPI.

Also Bharatpe partnered with UNITY BANK for TPAP service and launched their app.
But my account linked to UPI successfully but not able to generate pin due to non availability of ATM card although I have applied for it but not received. I have got access to mobile app so I'm able to do IMPS and Neft transactions.

Back