• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Upgrade Your Amex Card and Get 1,35,000 MR Points

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Amex plans to start 2024 with a grand reward of 1,35,000 MR points when upgrading to a Platinum Charge card.

Users currently holding Amex Platinum Travel, Amex Platinum Reserve and Amex Gold Charge card are getting these offers.
You can see it in the app, refer to the screenshots attached below.

For the heavy spenders, this is a great deal since you get multiple loyal hotel loyal memberships and do anything concierge service.

If you don't spend a lot of money but feel the points can help, you can still upgrade for the points.

If you don't need the points, you can get the Amex Platinum Travel or the Amex MRCC card which remains the best card for monthly spends between 6K-40K.

T&C: https://www.americanexpress.com/con...ts/IA_New_Plat_RCP_Upgrade_Q1_2024_MT_TnC.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_6854.PNG
    IMG_6854.PNG
    39.7 KB · Views: 764
  • IMG_6855.PNG
    IMG_6855.PNG
    44.2 KB · Views: 763
I have sufficient ITR but am still curious. So could you please describe in a little detail what they consider? Like fixed deposit? Property ownership? Stocks?
Incase you don't meet income criteria they will ask if you have a property or stocks fixed deposits either of them or combined more than income criteria that Amex asks. Or ITR too will do. If you meet income criteria only your payslip they consider gross salary not net. If u r into self employed or business then ITR. This is what Amex rep told me.

The networth threshold is similar to the income requirement for a particular card.

Its just that networth is also considered as a part of income instead of only salary to meet the criteria
Ok. That's seems rather low. Like for example, if 6 lakhs per annum is the requirement for their lower cards, then a person with a 10 lakh vehicle or FD would qualify without having any income! I think it is used for more premium cards and would have to be substantial assests like say 1 crore plus in demat or FDs or a new 5 series without any loan etc. Anyway, it is great that this option is available. All banks should look at similar criteria like property ownership etc when reviewing requests.

I wasn't asked for any income proof when I upgraded to Plat charge a few months ago. I guess only when you apply for a new card do they check for these requirements.

Reactions: Tay
Ok. That's seems rather low. Like for example, if 6 lakhs per annum is the requirement for their lower cards, then a person with a 10 lakh vehicle or FD would qualify without having any income! I think it is used for more premium cards and would have to be substantial assests like say 1 crore plus in demat or FDs or a new 5 series without any loan etc. Anyway, it is great that this option is available. All banks should look at similar criteria like property ownership etc when reviewing requests.
The salary criteria always needs to be met ie one needs to be have enough salary to move up the ladder in cards selection. One cant just say that they hold assets but have zero income coz in that case the Bank may consider the person under the Business category.

The surrogate income helps when you need to bridge the gap between salary and lets say a minimum income threshold which is set by the bank for a particular card

Also, the surrogate income option is not just for a substantial asset. For example a friend of mine was interested in the Platinum Charge card but was falling short of the salary criteria by 5 lakhs. He shared his equity investment details for the gap and got the Platinum Charge card

Also, I am not sure whether a vehicle is considered under surrogate income option

What I got to know from an Amex Exec is tht even surrogate income proofs (other income / networth proof like Investments in Equity / Debt / FD) are also considered while calculating the total income / networth

Incase you have those and can increase your networth then maybe you would be eligible

Note :- Kindly cross check with Amex beforehand
Yes, that's true. My Wife ITR was around 15L and she had some FD's and Investments. While approving Plat Reserve card they have even considered that.

What is the "Do Anything" concierge service? I mean what benefit you get from it. I have never used any concierge service, so bit curios.
You can ask them to book dinning buy tickets to concerts that are difficult to get . They plan your itenary if u ask book air rail.tickets book golf sessions for you and I heard they also arrange to send groceries gits flowers to your home or loved ones as per their tnc benefits. This part not sure if any existing plat chg member has availed. Below is what they do as per their website.

What is a Concierge

A concierge is an individual or an organisation which offers personal assistance on almost all aspects, from household management to chauffeur services, at a price. The desire for experience over ownership in this era of digital technology is driving modern concierge companies to deliver exceptional services 24*7 to its affluent clients.

Some of the tasks that a typical concierge service arranges or performs are listed below:

• Arranging transportation services

• Sourcing tickets for concerts, movies, and events

• Recommending and making restaurant and hotel reservations

• Pet care

• Senior citizen care

• Planning itineraries and making travel arrangements

• Recommending and delivering gifts and flowers

• Running errands such as grocery shopping, dry cleaning, laundry services

• Sourcing special items like antiques and paintings on demand
  • Types of Concierge Services

Owing to the globalisation and technological advancements, concierge services have expanded to various sectors. Let’s have a look at the different types of personalized services and what you can expect from them.

Travel Concierge

With an increase in business and leisure travel, a travel concierge is almost a necessity for planning your itinerary, selecting accommodation, and making other travel arrangements. Ensuring that your travel experience proceeds without a hitch, the service remains a faithful assistant during all your travels worldwide. A travel concierge makes use of its contacts to get reservations with local restaurants, hotels, transport providers, or bookings at tourist attractions.

Hotel Concierge

A hotel concierge takes care of everything from transportation to making reservations at local restaurants , suggesting suitable itineraries to helping with all your travel arrangements during your stay at a hotel.

Medicine Concierge

A medicine concierge comes to your aid during a medical crisis . Very similar to a personal assistant, this service seamlessly manages hospital admissions, doctor appointments, final bills and filing insurance claims. A medicine concierge works on a flat/annual fee business model.

Lifestyle Concierge

A lifestyle concierge is at your side, running errands for you and making sure all aspects of your life run smoothly. This personalised service offers home and event management services. A lifestyle concierge works on a retainer basis, wherein you pay an agency every month for a lifestyle manager.

Shopping Concierge

Sometimes, life gets so demanding that even selecting the right garment for an event becomes a hassle. In such cases, a shopping concierge provides you assistance with your shopping needs. The shopping concierge is trained not only to source items for you but also to optimize your wardrobe and help you with your look .

While you have an existing Charge card you cannot get another charge card by applying. Only way to get another charge card is getting upgrade offer from Amex on any credit card.
Not correct..I had Gold Charge card and later applied for Platinum Charge.. Holding both together now

Back