• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Upgrade Your Amex Card and Get 1,35,000 MR Points

coolguy1

TF Ace
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Amex plans to start 2024 with a grand reward of 1,35,000 MR points when upgrading to a Platinum Charge card.

Users currently holding Amex Platinum Travel, Amex Platinum Reserve and Amex Gold Charge card are getting these offers.
You can see it in the app, refer to the screenshots attached below.

For the heavy spenders, this is a great deal since you get multiple loyal hotel loyal memberships and do anything concierge service.

If you don't spend a lot of money but feel the points can help, you can still upgrade for the points.

If you don't need the points, you can get the Amex Platinum Travel or the Amex MRCC card which remains the best card for monthly spends between 6K-40K.

T&C: https://www.americanexpress.com/con...ts/IA_New_Plat_RCP_Upgrade_Q1_2024_MT_TnC.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_6854.PNG
    IMG_6854.PNG
    39.7 KB · Views: 764
  • IMG_6855.PNG
    IMG_6855.PNG
    44.2 KB · Views: 763
But then again, I read somewhere that the first card you hold should be MRCC or Gold Charge for the points to be pooled in the same bucket; otherwise, you will have two separate pools if your first card is Plat Travel or higher. I could be wrong, but it was discussed on TF.
Nothing like that my first was smart earn and got upgraded to plat travel it was pooled. Then I closed smart earn took mrcc and gold now I got plat chg which I received 4 days back.

Not correct..I had Gold Charge card and later applied for Platinum Charge.. Holding both together now
Disagree. My gold was closed in 1 acc since I had upgrade offer on that one.
My gold is still active in other acc where I received plat charge.

I had confirm same with executive you can't hold 2 charge cards at a time (upgrade offer)

I had confirm same with executive you can't hold 2 charge cards at a time (upgrade offer)
I know have four amex card plat travel mrcc and gold chg. Plus plat chg.

Proof dekh lo bhai..We are not getting paid for giving fake info 😅

Attachments

• IMG_20240726_105625.webp
    IMG_20240726_105625.webp
    352.9 KB · Views: 30
Yes I had
That's the only possible. In my last comment I mentioned that only.

- If you hold Gold charge card, you cannot apply Platinum Charge card by application either with referral or online application. So the only way to hold 2 charge cards is Hold Gold charge card and any credit card (Plat Travel, Plat Reserve most probably) then get Platinum charge upgrade on either of the platinum credit cards.

That's the only possible. In my last comment I mentioned that only.

- If you hold Gold charge card, you cannot apply Platinum Charge card by application either with referral or online application. So the only way to hold 2 charge cards is Hold Gold charge card and any credit card (Plat Travel, Plat Reserve most probably) then get Platinum charge upgrade on either of the platinum credit cards.
Sorry, I misread your comment. You were right

Reactions: BVC
Back