• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Upgrade your Indie account to Megastar easily

How does it work? 2x of what?
How to earn credit card 2x gems in indie, any idea? @SSV
View attachment 72894

2X of the original RP on the respctive Cards usage.. basically whatever you get normally on the specified card , the same amount will be credited in the Gems for all the cards which has got same Mobile number linked to both the Card and the Indie account, subjective to the max limits as per the above table..

Last edited:
2X of the original RP on the respctive Cards usage.. basically whatever you get normally on the specified card , the same amount will be credited in the Gems for all the cards which has got same Mobile number linke both the Card and the Indie account, subjective to the max limits as per the above table..
Great . .

2X of the original RP on the respctive Cards usage.. basically whatever you get normally on the specified card , the same amount will be credited in the Gems for all the cards which has got same Mobile number linked to both the Card and the Indie account, subjective to the max limits as per the above table..
So... Say I spend 1000 on a weekend on Legend to get 20 reward points worth ₹10. Will I be getting another 20 Gems in my Indie account in addition to those 20 reward points?

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV
So... Say I spend 1000 on a weekend on Legend to get 20 reward points worth ₹10. Will I be getting another 20 Gems in my Indie account in addition to those 20 reward points?
you are very smart....and may be very enthusiast !!. 😉

1 GEM =- Re 1.

and hence you will receive additional 10 gems in indie account , apart from 20 RP in your Legend account.

1 RP <> 1 Gem , in this case..

In essence, you will receive Gems worth RP's value , that is how it is calculated 2X..

Last edited:
Its tracked perfectly fine if you have indusind credit card. You will get extra gems on your indie account. I can confirm this as i already got gems last month. I confirmed with my RM they will be delayed like ~2 months.
Whats the actual benefit? they have put a cap on gem withdrawal of 2.5K per month.

Whats the actual benefit? they have put a cap on gem withdrawal of 2.5K per month.
Should be fine I guess as anyway you can get only max 1000 gems per month for cc spends. Way less than 2.5k. 500 for bill payments, 1k for cc spends still it's 1.5k and left with 1k for debit card spends

Tracked in the sense. We can spend anywhere we want with our credit card and gems will be added automatically?
Yes that's correct. It's not perse 60 days. Let's says your cc statement comes on 15th this month, you rp will get added to your cc after the statement generation. Equivalent indie gems will be credited by the end of next month.
I have 3 indus ind cc and got equivalent gems in indie for all 3 last month.

Indie users who have been downgraded from megastar to superstar/star can get upgraded easily. Follow these steps:

1. Call on +918071244777 from registered phone. This is their special number to get upgraded to megastar. (Normal customer care has no clue about upgrade and will say maintain 50k this month and next month upgrade will happen. So, don't call normal customer care number)
2. Mostly after calling this number they'll say number is busy and they'll call back.
3. They'll call you back same day within few hours and will ask for funding. Transfer balance to indie account to make it 50k (you can fund account while they call you or before that)
4. They will say that your call is getting recorded and make you promise that you will maintain 50k balance. Say "yes I'll maintain 50k".
5. After your promise is recorded, they'll forward the request to their team, and you'll get upgraded within 72 hours.

After that there is less change of downgrade in the current quarter, even if 50k not maintained. Enjoy.
I called them to upgrade my Indie account then they asked me give upgrade consent in email reply. I have already replied to their email a week ago to upgrade my Indie account but still my account has not been upgraded yet.

you are very smart....and may be very enthusiast !!. 😉

1 GEM =- Re 1.

and hence you will receive additional 10 gems in indie account , apart from 20 RP in your Legend account.

1 RP <> 1 Gem , in this case..

In essence, you will receive Gems worth RP's value , that is how it is calculated 2X..
Ah, that's how I considered it too. But since it said 2x Gems and not 2x valueback, I was wondering if it might be extra 2x (get rewards worth ₹10, and gems worth ₹20).

Thanks for the explanation albeit tongue in cheek.

• Hehe
Reactions: SSV
I called them to upgrade my Indie account then they asked me give upgrade consent in email reply. I have already replied to their email a week ago to upgrade my Indie account but still my account has not been upgraded yet.
Keep sending your consent until they consent 😉

They hadn't responded to the email request, it worked only through call for me (though it takes a few days even then). It's pretty odd that they asked you on call to give email consent. Did you call the Megastar upgrade number only?

Back