• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Urgent: Suggestions required for Infinia upgrade

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Bro, I intended to tell you what customer care people count towards annual spending. But does Infinia come with an assigned RM? For me, only our Imperia RM takes care of it and mostly they don't know much about credit card services, at least in my case, I'd at least 4 or 5 RMs got changed over the last couple of years.
Yes, even I have to try and call at non office hours as the call gets routed to my Imperia RM and though he is very nice and helpful, he doesn't have specific knowledge about the details I would need. For example, last week, I was using my Infinia and IDFC Wealth to tap and pay for London tube (metro) for myselfand wife. The IDFC Wealth worked correctly but the Infinia would only authorise the £1 for entry but not allow the final fare to be charged each time. When I called CC, it went to my Imperia RM and he had absolutely no idea what I was talking about! Is there a way to reach regular Infinia CC?

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Who is this branch cc head? In branch most of these cc guys are low level employee (at max asm. I talked directly to central region head of cc department . Even he wasn't able to give me dcb ltf/ fyf infinnia.

There are 2 criteria. 7.5L spend in last 6 months and 8L cl. If you dont meet any of these criteria, you need deviation approval from bbh( branch banking head).
They are all able to approve if you invest!

sidp

TF Ace
They are all able to approve if you invest!
Case here is different.

I am saying if Op has 10L limit & spend 7.5L, he is already eligible. most likely the "branch cc head" is low level employee like asm with no authority to approve any card let alone infinnia. He is pretending to be the one helping him & might be hoping for something in return.

Only crm guys can raise for Approval.

Last edited:

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Don't fall for Infinia only if you invest scam. I had a Regalia with limit of 15L which I closed two years ago in frustration. Recently decided to try for Infinia and spoke to RM who said invest or not possible. I would have been okay if she had said I was not eligible but the arrogance she had in telling me I had to invest in something and only then Infinia got to me. When I told her it was misselling she told me it was the only way. I bluntly told her never to call me again and next day when she tried I was deliberately rude and reminded her I had asked her not to call.

I then wrote an email to CC Grievance Redressal and said that giving Infinia or not is up to them as per their norms but this cheating was unacceptable. And threatened to move out FDs. Took them nearly 2-3 weeks but ultimately they changed the RM to a better person who took Infinia application with salary details, etc, and I got Infinia.

Firewing224

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Do not try to get infinia because of the hype train. Go for it if you have spends. Namely 8L+ in last 6 months.

Otherwise DCB is great. Might give you more rewards from quarterly milestones.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Don't fall for Infinia only if you invest scam. I had a Regalia with limit of 15L which I closed two years ago in frustration. Recently decided to try for Infinia and spoke to RM who said invest or not possible. I would have been okay if she had said I was not eligible but the arrogance she had in telling me I had to invest in something and only then Infinia got to me. When I told her it was misselling she told me it was the only way. I bluntly told her never to call me again and next day when she tried I was deliberately rude and reminded her I had asked her not to call.

I then wrote an email to CC Grievance Redressal and said that giving Infinia or not is up to them as per their norms but this cheating was unacceptable. And threatened to move out FDs. Took them nearly 2-3 weeks but ultimately they changed the RM to a better person who took Infinia application with salary details, etc, and I got Infinia.
If you qualify via salary as well as reasonable limit on existing card and reasonable spends then it is quite possible.

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If you qualify via salary as well as reasonable limit on existing card and reasonable spends then it is quite possible.

Did I say it was not?

I qualified on salary (though sal account is ICICI), I have other credit cards with limits of 30L, etc, for years and other super premium cards with spending of 12L or so PA, and top of it, significant FDs with HDFC Bank. Plus, I had an HDFC Regalia (and an earlier variant before that) for over 10 years with a spotless record. Yet, she told me I had to invest in ULIP or could not get the Infinia.

ICICI would fall over themselves to give me any card I want, but HDFC will behave as if they are doing me a favour.

Firewing224

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Infinia against investment is the biggest scam.

If you aren't eligible for it, take DCB.
Remember - renewal benefits can get remove anytime. So 12.5k will be your fees.

sidp

TF Ace
Did I say it was not?

I qualified on salary (though sal account is ICICI), I have other credit cards with limits of 30L, etc, for years and other super premium cards with spending of 12L or so PA, and top of it, significant FDs with HDFC Bank. Plus, I had an HDFC Regalia (and an earlier variant before that) for over 10 years with a spotless record. Yet, she told me I had to invest in ULIP or could not get the Infinia.

ICICI would fall over themselves to give me any card I want, but HDFC will behave as if they are doing me a favour.

@abhinavbansal19961996 This is what I was talking about. You are doing them a favour, not the other way around.

You were requesting for Regalia gold. Leave it. you need to be adamant about ltf dcb/fyf infinnia.

Last edited:

PrinceHeart

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
ICICI would fall over themselves to give me any card I want
Emeralde private cc hai aapke paas ? Usse lekar dikhao 😁

Koi fall-wall nahi hai ab icici mein. 20 saal ka 1cr+ relation ke baad, mujhe bas paid emeralde tika diya hai. Emeralde private ke liye pucha ko haste huya bola - sir thora hame bhi mauka do service ka. Pno wale to baat tak karna nahi chahte, customer support ko mera email forward kar dete hai har baar. Aur same copy-paste email aata hai, alag alag service rep se. Email mein bolte hai, we tried calling you on xxxx number to discuss but unable to reach you. We are sorry that we are unable to provide you with emeralde private cc on phone and email, due to security issues. Contact your rm and bm. Are agar phone conversation se nahi doge to mujhe call kyun kiya tha ? Aur sach ye hai to ek bhi call nahi aaya 😂

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

Koi fall-wall nahi hai ab icici mein. 20 saal ka 1cr+ relation ke baad, mujhe bas paid emeralde tika diya hai. Emeralde private ke liye pucha ko haste huya bola - sir thora hame bhi mauka do service ka. Pno wale to baat tak karna nahi chahte, customer support ko mera email forward kar dete hai har baar. Aur same copy-paste email aata hai, alag alag service rep se. Email mein bolte hai, we tried calling you on xxxx number to discuss but unable to reach you. We are sorry that we are unable to provide you with emeralde private cc on phone and email, due to security issues. Contact your rm and bm. Are agar phone conversation se nahi doge to mujhe call kyun kiya tha ? Aur sach ye hai to ek bhi call nahi aaya 😂

I don't need to get a card for me to know that my ICICI experience is superior, especially because the Emeralde Private doesn't excite me. The only ICICI Bank CC I like is Amazon Pay and that is a basic LTF card. For my premium needs I use Infinia, Axis Vistara Infinite and Amex. Given my relationship with ICICI Bank am sure I could get Emeralde Private.

Cards are also not the only points of reference. When I needed a home loan ICICI gave me a significant loan within 2 days (disbursal happened on 3rd day).

sidp

TF Ace

Though there isnt stated eligibility criteria for emerald private but generally Icici has high eligibility criteria, (which are ridiculous tbh : 3lpm net salary for ltf sapphiro 🤣). But at least they are consistent.

Whereas hdfc's stated criteria is sensible, but they don't give the cc to them. People with 15-20L limit are stuck at mb+. They can't even get millenia. Still hdfc offer ltf regalia gold to housewives.

sousnake

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Did I say it was not?

You can get ICIC emerald metal then, it's also good.
Or close your FD's & move them to ICICI, doing this might trigger RM to give you Infinia.

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
You can get ICIC emerald metal then, it's also good.
Or close your FD's & move them to ICICI, doing this might trigger RM to give you Infinia.

I complained to Grievance Redressal and HDFC changed my RM and I got the Infinia.

Am just saying that despite fulfilling all criteria (salary, spends, cards with limits, CIBIL, etc) and some more (FDs), HDFC will still act super pricey. Via a vis ICICI where they would roll out the red carpet. It's another matter than the premium ICICI credit cards aren't really worth it in comparison to Infinia.