• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Using 90% of credit limit of sbi CB card for a month only...will it impact cibil score

ujjwal2024

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I need to buy air ticket which will cost me 1.15 Lakhs...the credit limit on my SBI CB card is 1.25 Lakhs
Now If I buy the ticket with CB card, I will get Rs, 5000 cashback and I am happy with it as it will also ensure Rs. 1200 annual fee waiver...
But, whether this will affect my civil score?

Solution
I need to buy air ticket which will cost me 1.15 Lakhs...the credit limit on my SBI CB card is 1.25 Lakhs
Now If I buy the ticket with CB card, I will get Rs, 5000 cashback and I am happy with it as it will also ensure Rs. 1200 annual fee waiver...
If you're worried about CIBIL impact, you can immediately repay the amount

Kindly mark as solution if it helps you
If you're worried about CIBIL impact, you can immediately repay the amount

Kindly mark as solution if it helps you

Solution
Once or twice done, it doesn't affect much AFAIK. Even if there is some drop in points, usually the CIBIL recovers in following months. So I guess it's not that worrisome. I don't know but I've read here on TF that paying this amount before statement generation could prevent the bank from reporting high credit utilisation to CIBIL. Experts may throw some light. @SSV

If you pay it off before statement generation date then it wouldnt. @SSV Please correct me if im wrong.

It would also show your High credit as 1.2L and pending balance as 0 if you pay before statement generation.

If you pay it off before statement generation date then it wouldnt. @SSV Please correct me if im wrong.

It would also show your High credit as 1.2L and pending balance as 0 if you pay before statement generation.
Got my solution within 5 minutes..
Great community
I will pay around rs. 80,000 just 5 days before the statement generation

Well if you wait for payment till due date then this will be reported to CIBIL and will result in temp drop of few points. However this will also be useful in long term as it will show your repayment capacity as well as probably limit enhancement from SBI.

The score will recover in 2-3 months so dont worry about the drop. Also the benefits you are getting are much more than the temp CIBIL score drop IMO.

Well if you wait for payment till due date then this will be reported to CIBIL and will result in temp drop of few points. However this will also be useful in long term as it will show your repayment capacity as well as probably limit enhancement from SBI.

The score will recover in 2-3 months so dont worry about the drop. Also the benefits you are getting are much more than the temp CIBIL score drop IMO.
Yes...this is also great perspective...will think about this point before taking final decision to repay before statement generation date

If you have multiple credit cards your overall utilization ratio matters, not at the card level. But multiple times doing it might have an impact, once in a while it should not be a problem.

Back