• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Utility Bill payment interface with Shopping/retail spends MCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utility payments and government payments like GST and income tax, etc. These payments may exceed 2 lakhs in certain months

And for all the people saying that paying utility bill is a commercial transactions, don't you all pay your income taxes with credit cards, isn't that a commercial transaction too??
You are not paying the bill of House. Factory electricity bill will be under commercial transaction only. Please understand it

Only businessmen pay GST directly to government right, I am a businessman
Okay, give me some time and see if I can help you in anyway. As I said before , I am a newbie in this business cards.

You are not paying the bill of House. Factory electricity bill will be under commercial transaction only. Please understand it
Income tax is not personal even if paid for an individual, since income arise from commercial activity only so paying taxes is a commercial activity, all those people calling me out for my question too do commercial use of their credit card for payment of income taxes, imo even the owner of this forum does

Utility payments and government payments like GST and income tax, etc. These payments may exceed 2 lakhs in certain months

And for all the people saying that paying utility bill is a commercial transactions, don't you all pay your income taxes with credit cards, isn't that a commercial transaction too??
You can try using -

A card specifically meant for business spends can be used for paying electricity bills etc. Other cards which do not contain the prefix/ suffix 'Business' cannot be used.

Okay I got it that factory bill is commercial, but if in opinion of this community paying that bill is wrong, than paying income taxes should be wrong too right

You can try using -

A card specifically meant for business spends can be used for paying electricity bills etc. Other cards which do not contain the prefix/ suffix 'Business' cannot be used.
Ok thanks I will give it a look

Income tax is not personal even if paid for an individual, since income arise from commercial activity only so paying taxes is a commercial activity, all those people calling me out for my question too do commercial use of their credit card for payment of income taxes, imo even the owner of this forum does
See, I will add my two cents here..
Income tax is also of two types.
Personal Income tax and corporate Income tax.
But the definition is as per entity...
1)
If an individual paying Income tax ( even though the person carrying a business, which has business Income, like share trading etc, filing ITR 3) it is classified as Personal Income.
2)
If an entity registered under various forms , like sole proprietor, partnership, company etc registered to do some business and if that entity files ITR, it is considered as commercial Income tax..

Under which scenario, you will fall under?

Last edited:
You cannot use CCs for paying income tax for an account linked with a company's PAN● But you can use a personal CC for paying tax related to an account linked to an individual's PAN.
And so is the case for my utility payments, the bill gets generated in my name and not in any company's name

If

The Income is generated by a salaried employee. How will Paying tax using CC be a commercial transaction?
Firstly, in most cases, for salaried people, TDS is deducted, but in a case where its not deducted, even than it is a commercial transaction, since any act done in order to earn money and and inflow or outflow that happens in the happening of such activity is a commercial transaction

And so is the case for my utility payments, the bill gets generated in my name and not in any company's name
Then go ahead and pay using your card by all means.

It comes in your name as Director of firm or what? It is confusing since you cannot use a personal power connection for commercial activity. And if you have a commercial power connection then, the bill should come in your firm's name. So, what is it ?

No. TDS (majority)!
Well for salaried it is but I am talking about the ones that do pay with cc

Then go ahead and pay using your card by all means.

It comes in your name as Director of firm or what? It is confusing since you cannot use a personal power connection for commercial activity. And if you have a commercial power connection then, the bill should come in your firm's name. So, what is it ?
The connection is commercial but I engage in business in the capacity of proprietor for this particular business of mine, so the it is registered as individual business connection andd not for a company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back