• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Validity of Accor Gold status

ishanmontella

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hey All,
I have an Accor Plus membership which I bought last year on 31st August.

I received 20 status nights as part of Accor Plus, and by November 2023, I became Accor Gold by exceeding 30 nights. The status nights were reset to 0 on January 1, 2024. At this moment, I have 7 status nights and my Accor Plus membership is expiring on 31st August 2024.

My question is, till which date to I retain the Gold status? Would I be downgraded to Classic, as my Accor Plus membership expires on 31st August, or I would retain Gold status till the year end?

Attached is the screenshot from the Accor ALL app, which shows confusing information. On one hand, it says "You are a Gold Accor Plus member until 31/08/2024". On the contrary, at the bottom of the same page, it says "To keep your status ongoing, 23 nights must be earned before 31/12/2024", which means I retain the Gold status till year end regardless of Accor Plus membership.

Moreover, I just received a call from Accor Plus renewal team, asking me to renew the membership, otherwise I would lose the Gold status post 31st August.

Please guide me. If the Gold status would indeed expire on 31st August 2024 along with Accor Plus, I would have to renew it now. And if the Gold status is retained till year end, there is no need for me to renew Accor Plus, as I have an upcoming 25 days trip planned in November, which would make my status nights to cross 30. For the November trip, I would want to have the Gold status at that moment, to enjoy the benefits, otherwise what's the use :)

I hope you understand my concern. Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_4967.webp
    IMG_4967.webp
    49.5 KB · Views: 17
Gold status obtained via Accor plus is valid till Accor plus validity. In your case it will be till 31st Aug.

Status nights will stay till 31st Dec.

If you want to continue Accor Gold, you will need to renew the membership

Thanks guys for your help. One more question - If i renew the Accorplus now, I will be having 20+7 status nights . Would i be downgraded to silver, or I would continue the current Gold status on account of Accorplus renewal?

Ideally, best time to buy/renew Accor plus is Jan 1st/2nd week. That way, you retain the plus benefits and status nights for the whole year together

I realised it the hard way after last renewal in November
I agree, and I would have done the same. But, due to my long trip planned in November, I am eager to keep the Gold status in November to enjoy the privileges while traveling.

Thanks guys for your help. One more question - If i renew the Accorplus now, I will be having 20+7 status nights . Would i be downgraded to silver, or I would continue the current Gold status on account of Accorplus renewal?
You will continue the Gold till next renewal and in fact you can reach platinum with 3 more nights in November.

Just split your booking in 3 nights + rest of the nights to enjoy Platinum upgrade faster

Gold status obtained via Accor plus is valid till Accor plus validity. In your case it will be till 31st Aug.

Status nights will stay till 31st Dec.

If you want to continue Accor Gold, you will need to renew the membership
But my question is since last calendar year he has 30 plus nights won’t it be gold till dec 2024 even if he doesn’t renew till December. Can we break the Accor plus continuity and renew in December

But my question is since last calendar year he has 30 plus nights won’t it be gold till dec 2024 even if he doesn’t renew till December. Can we break the Accor plus continuity and renew in December
As per Accor executive confirmation, it is valid only till accor plus validity and not till Dec. App also shows the same. There is no indication anywhere mentioning the validity till Dec.

Anyways, I am not going to renew my gold in November. So I can tell about exact outcome in Dec.

As per Accor executive confirmation, it is valid only till accor plus validity and not till Dec. App also shows the same. There is no indication anywhere mentioning the validity till Dec.

Anyways, I am not going to renew my gold in November. So I can tell about exact outcome in Dec.
Do u think it’s a tactic to make us renew.

Hey All,
I have an Accor Plus membership which I bought last year on 31st August.

I received 20 status nights as part of Accor Plus, and by November 2023, I became Accor Gold by exceeding 30 nights. The status nights were reset to 0 on January 1, 2024. At this moment, I have 7 status nights and my Accor Plus membership is expiring on 31st August 2024.

My question is, till which date to I retain the Gold status? Would I be downgraded to Classic, as my Accor Plus membership expires on 31st August, or I would retain Gold status till the year end?

Attached is the screenshot from the Accor ALL app, which shows confusing information. On one hand, it says "You are a Gold Accor Plus member until 31/08/2024". On the contrary, at the bottom of the same page, it says "To keep your status ongoing, 23 nights must be earned before 31/12/2024", which means I retain the Gold status till year end regardless of Accor Plus membership.

Moreover, I just received a call from Accor Plus renewal team, asking me to renew the membership, otherwise I would lose the Gold status post 31st August.

Please guide me. If the Gold status would indeed expire on 31st August 2024 along with Accor Plus, I would have to renew it now. And if the Gold status is retained till year end, there is no need for me to renew Accor Plus, as I have an upcoming 25 days trip planned in November, which would make my status nights to cross 30. For the November trip, I would want to have the Gold status at that moment, to enjoy the benefits, otherwise what's the use :)

I hope you understand my concern. Any help would be much appreciated.
Your Gold Status is irrespective of your Accor Plus Membership. Your Gold status will remain valid till end of the year even if Accor Plus membership expires.

But renewing Accor Plus membership will ensure you get additional 20 Status nights & your already have 7. Those 3 or more nights in November will ensure that your Gold Status goes into next year also till year end.

So the best option is to wait till December and then buy ensuring we get the whole year of extended status

Gold membership is independent of plus. Mine plus got expired yesterday but I am still gold and will remain till end of year.
App shows you date of accor plus expiry but once that passes, it automatically starts showing date of accor gold.
I have verified same from the accor team

Thanks guys. Due to the initial responses, I already renewed Accor Plus. But it’s okay, got a few extra vouchers on renewal before expiry.

Next time, I’ll wait till December & then renew (if needed).

Thanks great that u confirmed that status will remain till year end as per last years nights. So if we renew in dec as per last year nights ur status will continue for 1 more year. It was a too good offer to miss to renew at 6490 with extra buffet and cake and upgrade vouchers

The thing is I haven't found the gold status worthy. I have travelled 2-3 times and have been alwaya denied upgrade. For people who are in job and mostly are able to get holidays at peak, you will mostly never get any room upgrade.
Hopefully others had a different and better than me experience

Last edited:
Back