• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Validity of Accor Gold status

The thing is I haven't found the gold status worthy. I have travelled 2-3 times and have been alwaya denied upgrade. For people who are in job and mostly are able to get holidays at peak, you will mostly never get any room upgrade.
Hopefully others had a different and better than me experience
I was Lucky I got a room upgrade because the room I booked was not available

I recently stayed in Novotel Mumbai and they upgraded my room without even me asking for it.
Last week at ibis styles in bangkok I requested them for upgrade and they said that they can provide upgraded room from tomorrow. Next day they upgraded my room to bigger room
Similar good experiences in other places too. Also they gave a food basket in room on the first day at Mumbai and pattaya.
The reception at all the places of ibis and novotel were very courteous and thanked me for being loyal and gold status holder.
So overall I am satisfied with Accor gold status.
Though I may not renew it as didn't use the free vouchers and my stay has already crossed 55 nights

I recently stayed in Novotel Mumbai and they upgraded my room without even me asking for it.
Last week at ibis styles in bangkok I requested them for upgrade and they said that they can provide upgraded room from tomorrow. Next day they upgraded my room to bigger room
Similar good experiences in other places too. Also they gave a food basket in room on the first day at Mumbai and pattaya.
The reception at all the places of ibis and novotel were very courteous and thanked me for being loyal and gold status holder.
Though I may not renew it as didn't use the free vouchers and my stay has already crossed 55 nights
Good to hear!

Gold and above status are respected a lot in all the places

The thing is I haven't found the gold status worthy. I have travelled 2-3 times and have been alwaya denied upgrade. For people who are in job and mostly are able to get holidays at peak, you will mostly never get any room upgrade.
Hopefully others had a different and better than me experience
I think the status does help. I was upgraded from the most basic room to Club Millisemme Luxury room on the top floor in Sofitel Dubai. At the palm, I was upgraded from a normal room to a sea & pool facing one. Even in Singapore they upgraded my entire stay (5 nights including the complimentary night which generally they don’t). Ibis Bali they upgraded me to a bigger room and out of 3 times, twice I was upgraded to the suite in Novotel Pune.

Other than the status a lot also depends on your luck, the reception/reservation staff and the availability. So I don’t fret much about it, in case I am not upgraded 🙂

Back