• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Vietnam in November

Guys I am planning a 9 days trip to Vietnam, it is my first foreign trip( November 11 morning land hanoi---November 20 morning flight to india). I want to cover Hanoi, Da nang, Ho chi minh city. Can you please help me make a good itinenary. If possible then I want to cover Sapa and nha trang as well. I am gonna carry Scapia credit card with me. Things I need help with
1. A good itinenary
2. where to exchange money to get best value
3. Where to get sim card to get best value
4. where to book those mekong delta & halong bay trip at a good price
5. any tips for the tour
Few suggestions,

2. You can try bookmyforex or can google any nearby govt approved forex exchange dealer whoever gives you best rate. I would suggest you NOT to rely only on one card for transactions. It's always better to have back-up options. Make sure you enable international transactions on your debit / credit card. Also ensure to keep sufficient local currency in cash as at many places its just convenient to pay by cash.

3. Whenever I travel internationally, I have always activated international roaming packs (Airtel) I find it value for money. Also, I am able to receive all OTPs and business calls without interruption. You can check international roaming plans which provide you about 100 mins/day (local + calls to and from india) and decent data.. they aren't very expensive.

I've been using klook for several years now. Almost always found the best prices and highly reliable. You can also see reviews of the services which people have availed. Link->klook.com

Use Skyscanner for flight tickets and go with a trusted OTAs. Avoid train travel as it will take away a lot of time from your trip. But if you want to take trains in SE Asia, 12go.asia is a good site for bookings.

It's better you do this research on your own, based on your budget and location preference.

Absolutely! It barely costs anything. Just make sure to get one that also covers missed flight connections.
thanks🙂
Yes. That would be the best option. Take $100 notes and make sure they are brand new. Otherwise, they will offer a lower exchange rate.
HCMC- Ha tam Jewelery(map: Google link), near Ben Thanh Market
Hanoi- Go to Ha Trung street. There are several gold shops here. (map: Google link)
Take a bit of change($50) that you can exchange at the airport for your taxi and sim. I withdrew from the atm as soon as I landed though.
one more question: Lets say I am traveling on 10th November and I have a 10 day plan, so when should I apply for the VISA. Is 10 days before the trip enough?

thanks🙂

one more question: Lets say I am traveling on 10th November and I have a 10 day plan, so when should I apply for the VISA. Is 10 days before the trip enough?
my trip for Vietnam is October 25th, but i applied for visa last month and it got approved after 11th day, so better you start visa process now itself.

Thanks, and for the central vietnam should we take hotel in Da Nang or Hoi an?
Stay in Hoi An for 1N and Da Nang for 2N
14th Nov- Hoi An(from Da Nang Airport)
15th Nov- Da Nang(from Hoi An)
16th Nov- Da Nang(Bana Hills)
There are plenty of accommodations in front of My Khe beach. Do consider staying there.
For Hoi An, look for accommodations in Old Town so that everything is accessible by a short walk.

my trip for Vietnam is October 25th, but i applied for visa last month and it got approved after 11th day, so better you start visa process now itself.
But their VISA is only valid for 1 month right, so if I apply very early and if my VISA gets approved fast then wouldn't my VISA get expired in the middle of the trip?

But their VISA is only valid for 1 month right, so if I apply very early and if my VISA gets approved fast then wouldn't my VISA get expired in the middle of the trip?

For applying visa even there is no need of flight tickets and hotel bookings. even now you can apply visa for the month of Dec2023 or Jan 2024. So start visa process immediately .

while processing for evisa dont click back button, if incase you want to go back and want to do some changes, then you have to check the below two places for any auto date changes

1697027110446.png

1697027151225.png

date will auto changes while you click the back button.

For applying visa even there is no need of flight tickets and hotel bookings. even now you can apply visa for the month of Dec2023 or Jan 2024. So start visa process immediately .

while processing for evisa dont click back button, if incase you want to go back and want to do some changes, then you have to check the below two places for any auto date changes

View attachment 31999

View attachment 32000

date will auto changes while you click the back button.
Many thanks, does the site charge extra if I use Indian credit cards which is not a forex card?

Many thanks, does the site charge extra if I use Indian credit cards which is not a forex card?
normally you will be charged Markup fees and conversion charges for Indian credit cards, other than vietnam visa site wont take any extra charges ($25 USD converted to Vietnamese Dong).

I used my Niyo Equitas debit card for evisa , so you know there is no markup fees and conversion charges(VISA exchange Rates) for Niyo debit cards.

normally you will be charged Markup fees and conversion charges for Indian credit cards, other than vietnam visa site wont take any extra charges ($25 USD converted to Vietnamese Dong).

I used my Niyo Equitas debit card for evisa , so you know there is no markup fees and conversion charges(VISA exchange Rates) for Niyo debit cards.
Thanks I used SCAPIA

It will be as per the dates mentioned by you in your evisa application. Not from the date of issue
for internal flights in Vietnam, they are charging extra for adding 15kg luggage. The flights which charge less for 15kg are at very odd times like 5:30 AM otherwise it is charging 1000-1500RS. what is the best way to mitigate this cost? Any tips

for internal flights in Vietnam, they are charging extra for adding 15kg luggage. The flights which charge less for 15kg are at very odd times like 5:30 AM otherwise it is charging 1000-1500RS. what is the best way to mitigate this cost? Any tips
No way around. You need to pay for luggage on some carriers. I used Bamboo airways, and the fare included 7kg(cabin)+20kg(check-in). I booked directly with the airline and paid around 130-140 USD each leg for 4 people in 2022

No way around. You need to pay for luggage on some carriers. I used Bamboo airways, and the fare included 7kg(cabin)+20kg(check-in). I booked directly with the airline and paid around 130-140 USD each leg for 4 people in 2022
dammn I checked Bamboo website it is charging 84USD per person for Hanoi-->Da Nang
But when I downloaded the Bamboo app and went till payment page it is charging 8,75,000DONG which is roughly around 3000RS. SO can I use my FOREX card(SCAPIA) to book this? or will this cost extra as I am paying in DONG
1697457955737.png

Last edited:
dammn I checked Bamboo website it is charging 84USD per person for Hanoi-->Da Nang
But when I downloaded the Bamboo app and went till payment page it is charging 8,75,000DONG which is roughly around 3000RS. SO can I use my FOREX card(SCAPIA) to book this? or will this cost extra as I am paying in DONG
I don’t have any experience with Scapia, so I’m not sure. But if it’s a zero forex card, then no charge would be levied. The conversion should be as per Visa’s exchange rates. From my experience, Visa exchange rates for VND are close to the mid market rates, so you can go ahead.

Back