• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Vietnam in November

After reading the comments, I can say that it is a hectic process do everything by self. Respect to OP and appreciate the information given by other members.

After reading the comments, I can say that it is a hectic process do everything by self. Respect to OP and appreciate the information given by other members.
It gets a little bit more complicated if you require to book via points and plan everything in advance. In reality, Vietnam is lot more easier to enter with 3-4 places in mind and flexible itinerary. Super cheap stay options which you will know only if you try finding there on the spot. Same for the tours as well. I'm planning Kuala Lumpur next month and even for the visa, they require a confirmed flight ticket copy, hotel bookings and all.

It gets a little bit more complicated if you require to book via points and plan everything in advance. In reality, Vietnam is lot more easier to enter with 3-4 places in mind and flexible itinerary. Super cheap stay options which you will know only if you try finding there on the spot. Same for the tours as well. I'm planning Kuala Lumpur next month and even for the visa, they require a confirmed flight ticket copy, hotel bookings and all.
avoid such countries which showattitude. Go to places which respect your nationality. Vote with your money

avoid such countries which showattitude. Go to places which respect your nationality. Vote with your money
Good lord! This kinda approach will ensure we are stuck to just a few countries always. Malaysia or Singapore process is still pretty lenient when compared to Europe but not as easy as Thailand/Vietnam.
Also, visa process in place isn't directly related to the respect they have for nationality. Indians already have a terrible reputation abroad in most countries. In places like Thailand/Vietnam the only reason they have visa waiver/easy visa process is because they don't expect Indians to illegally stay back. As opposed to those countries where Indians themselves feel it's a good opportunity to live by any means.

side impact of free visa regime

Few suggestions,

2. You can try bookmyforex or can google any nearby govt approved forex exchange dealer whoever gives you best rate. I would suggest you NOT to rely only on one card for transactions. It's always better to have back-up options. Make sure you enable international transactions on your debit / credit card. Also ensure to keep sufficient local currency in cash as at many places its just convenient to pay by cash.

3. Whenever I travel internationally, I have always activated international roaming packs (Airtel) I find it value for money. Also, I am able to receive all OTPs and business calls without interruption. You can check international roaming plans which provide you about 100 mins/day (local + calls to and from india) and decent data.. they aren't very expensive.
how is airtel / jio coverage in vietnam?

any hotels in hanoi or de nang which come with allmeal options or atleast breakfast + dinner option under 3k per day?
There might be but I would say try out Vietnamese food, you would good quality local food for 200 - 300.

Back