• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Wallet load, EMI cashback ended by HDFC (Millennia Card) W.e.f 01 Sep 2024

Got the mail too. This was coming. First load on Payzapp @1.5%+GST and from that day I was expecting them to end it on July 31st, 2024 itself but they have given time till 31 Aug. I was ready not to use it again on Payzapp due to load charge as at 0.77% loss who will do that? But now it is completely gone. So from next year Tax payments will be done via DC (if it does not stop RPs).

For me Load via Millennia CC in wallet was only to Payzapp in last 3 years. Never loaded at any other place/wallet. So for me it was already dead. Those who use Snapay/Tide etc. will be affected. Millennia is alive until Amazon/FlipKart 5% is alive.

There is revaluation also as it is written Utilities Payments will fetch max. 2000 Cashpoints which was 1000 max.

The following revisions to your HDFC Bank Credit Card will apply:

1. Reward Points earned on Utility transactions will be capped at 2000 Reward Points per calendar month.

2. Reward Points earned on Telecom & Cable transactions will be capped at 2000 Reward Points per calendar month.

Merchant: Utilities 4900
Telecom and Cable: 4812, 4814, 4899.
Earlier it was devaluated that all utility payment will attract 1% aditional charges on all hdfc credit cards which is already effective 1 August onwards. Does anyone know whats the max limit of utility payment on hdfc cc to avoid this 1% surcharge on utility?

Earlier it was devaluated that all utility payment will attract 1% aditional charges on all hdfc credit cards which is already effective 1 August onwards. Does anyone know whats the max limit of utility payment on hdfc cc to avoid this 1% surcharge on utility?
Max. is Rs.50,000 per billing cycle for utlities without charges. You are right Millennia is devalued third time now actually. First time, 2.5% online txn cashpoints reduced to 1% but max. cashback per month was revalued at 1000 from 750. Same way 5% category removed Payzapp/Smartbuy extra cashback but again upto 1000 from 750 introduced. Min. redemption for mill. cc which used to be Rs.2500 came down to 500. I hope this 5% category stays or more get added to it. If Amazon/Flipkart is removed or devalued from 5 to say 4/2.5%, this card will be dead.

Max. is Rs.50,000 per billing cycle for utlities without charges. You are right Millennia is devalued third time now actually. First time, 2.5% online txn cashpoints reduced to 1% but max. cashback per month was revalued at 1000 from 750. Same way 5% category removed Payzapp/Smartbuy extra cashback but again upto 1000 from 750 introduced. Min. redemption for mill. cc which used to be Rs.2500 came down to 500. I hope this 5% category stays or more get added to it. If Amazon/Flipkart is removed or devalued from 5 to say 4/2.5%, this card will be dead.
Its 50k per txn or 50k in whole bill cycle? I believe its 50k per transaction!!!

Its 50k per txn or 50k in whole bill cycle? I believe its 50k per transaction!!!
Their TnC says, For utility bill payments exceeding ₹50000, a levy of 1% on the entire amount will be made and this will also be capped at ₹3000 per transaction.

It means for whole billing cycle. So until it is under 50K, you are good. If you are trying say Rs.51000 in one go it doesn't matter whether you have used anything or not in that cycle 510 will charged. So single txn amount also matters. Your whole billing cycle amount should not exceed 50K cumulatively. Once crossed by even Re.1 you will charged 500 for previous txn also. For fuel it is Rs.15000 max cumulatively. At Rs.15001 you will have to pay levy for previous 15000 also i.e Rs.150. So all levies will be whole statement based.

P.S: Some are saying first 50K is free for utilities andd only amount exceeding this threshold will be charged levies. But at same time, they say on entire amount in same line which means banks are playing a game here. When they charge they will say, you exceeded and now have to pay for entire amount. Laws are made to fool you. So better stay within these limits and enjoy. Btw who pays Utlities directly using CC?

Last edited:
Its 50K per billing cycle.
Earlier it was devaluated that all utility payment will attract 1% aditional charges on all hdfc credit cards which is already effective 1 August onwards. Does anyone know whats the max limit of utility payment on hdfc cc to avoid this 1% surcharge on utility?'s

What HDFC told:
• No cashback on EMI & wallet
• cashback on utility & telecom will be capped at 2k RP
• education payment won't earn RP on specific apps

Since card benefits for these payments was 1% upto 1k only.
But HDFC stating now upto 2k RP which is contradictory.

Let's see what happens.
Update:

TLDR:
1k cap remains for all transactions. Bank silently added note for millennia in MITC.

Basis your comments with regards to cashback on utility & telecom capping, we hasten to assure you that your feedback has been treated with full attention and your specific comments have been shared with the concerned for an appropriate review.

We also wish to clarify that it was a common message sent to all the customers and as per the product feature capping would be applicable 1000 reward points.

For Millennia, (Existing & upcoming product features on Cash Points accrual)

5% Cashback on Amazon, BookMyShow, Cult.fit, Flipkart, Myntra, Sony LIV, Swiggy, Tata CLiQ, Uber and Zomato – capped at 1000 Cash Points.

1% cashback on all other spends capped at 1000 Cash Points (which includes Telecom & Utility besides others) - except Fuel, Rent payments, Govt related txns. From September 01, 2024, Wallet & EMI will also be excluded.

As mentioned in the MITC,

For Millennia, UPI, BIZ UPI, Swiggy, BIZ First, Paytm, Paytm Business, Easy EMI Millennia, Best Price Save Smart and Bharat credit cards, the capping as per the product feature will continue to be applicable.

(Which means, 1% cashback on all other spends (which includes Telecom & Utility besides others) will be capped at 1000 Cash Points).

Having clarified above for Millennia credit card we are unable to accede request for 2000 reward points as per the product feature. We have also enclosed the MITC for your ready reference.

Back