• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Wallets with AMEX support

rohitpgarg

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Looking to compile info on Wallets with AMEX load support and charges. Primarily for QR scan

1. Phonepe - 3% - only phonepe QR
2. Mobikwik - 2.95% (first 1k free) - all QR
3. Payzapp - no amex support
4. Paytm - RIP
5. Amazon pay wallet - no amex support
6. bajaj pay wallet - no amex support

(LAST UPDATE : 11 May 2024)

Please suggest other wallets with UPI QR scan support and AMEX load support.

Last edited:

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Looking to compile info on Wallets with AMEX load support and charges. Primarily for QR scan

4. Paytm - RIP

What is the benefit of loading a wallet rather than directly paying via Amex?

Reactions: SSV

TheGuy

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
What is the benefit of loading a wallet rather than directly paying via Amex?
Wallets with PPI can be used on Small Merchants. I used to use Paytm Wallet and Transit Card (as Visa is accepted everywhere) where Amex was not accepted.
Which is surprisingly often. My local McD, 24x7, Kendriya Bhandar etc don't accept Amex. New Delhi- Administrative.

Also, even with Paytm 2.65% Charge, I would have net rewards of 2.35% (5% Amex - 2.65% Charges) higher than best UPI Card.

SonyTom

TF Premier

4. Paytm - RIP

Amazon pay wallet may support. It has some 2.35% convenience fees. Have not tried.

Edit: Clarified by @VibhavBilgoji . Amazon pay wallet doesn’t support Amex.

Last edited:

SRK

TF Buzz

4. Paytm - RIP

Try Freecharge Wallet (Full KYC) - 2.71%

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Wallets with PPI can be used on Small Merchants. I used to use Paytm Wallet and Transit Card (as Visa is accepted everywhere) where Amex was not accepted.
Which is surprisingly often. My local McD, 24x7, Kendriya Bhandar etc don't accept Amex. New Delhi- Administrative.

Also, even with Paytm 2.65% Charge, I would have net rewards of 2.35% (5% Amex - 2.65% Charges) higher than best UPI Card.
The 5% on Amex isn't really 5%. Actual value of the points is far lower.

Last edited:
Reactions: SSV

SonyTom

TF Premier
The 5% on Amex isn't really 5%. Actual value of the points is far lower.
Thats incorrect
I have MRCC. So I can say about it.

If spends are properly done ie ₹20000 for 6 months and ₹6000 for 6 months, and all these spends are via Reward multiplier portal (for eg buying Amazon pay GC),the return is 5.1%.
If one cannot spend the entire ₹156000 in the reward multiplier portal, but manages to spend half of it at reward multiplier portal and the remaining half at other websites, the returns drops a bit to 4.84%. Still very decent.

With a spend of ₹156000, the annual fee is also waived off.

*For this calculation, I have taken a very conservative value of 1 RP as ₹ 0.33. This is the rate of conversion when using the RP to buy Amazon pay GC via 18k/21k Collection.