• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Ways to get value from Magnus after Sept 23?

hrishig

TF Select
VIP Lounge
After the recent massive Magnus devaluation, what can be good ways to get value from Magnus after Sept 23 for members spending 12-15lkh on Magnus?
HDFC infinia has shallow reward earning caps in a single transaction and per month. Thus high-value concentrated transactions can be USP for Magnus

Will the below strategy help?

1) Make sure to have a burgundy account ( else the transfer ratio will be pathetic)
(Update) 30lkh in savings or 10 lkh in saving account is the burgundy criteria
2) Club multi-month transactions in a single month (say 3-4 lakh).
3) Repeat the above step 3-4 times a year, depending on yearly spending; it can give you better value compared to the fees that you pay for Magnus
4) Try using travel edge, Gyftr to max level.->(Update) The accelerated reward calculations exclude travel edge and Gyftr. Thus use other sources such as intermiles, default Gyftr etc to stackup vouchers in the month when you are doing 3+ lkh transacations. The reward rate will be 3X rather than 2X in case of amazon and similar vouchers.
5) (Update) Include rental payment till 50k ( can use Cred or similar) in that month

(Update)Got confirmation that Meet and greet service is still present which is a good thing.

Last edited:
After the recent massive Magnus devaluation, what can be good ways to get value from Magnus after Sept 23 for members spending 12-15lkh on Magnus?

HDFC infinia has shallow reward earning caps in a single transaction and per month. Thus high-value concentrated transactions can be USP for Magnus
Will the below strategy help?
1) Make sure to have a burgundy account ( else the transfer ratio will be pathetic)
2) Club multi-month transactions in a single month (say 3-4 lakh).
3) Repeat the above step 3-4 times a year, depending on yearly spending; it can give you better value compared to the fees that you pay for Magnus
4) Try using travel edge, Gyftr ( Yes, lousy devaluation, but something better than nothing) to max level.

Note: I don’t see any discussion about meet and greet services. If they are removed, then it is a significant loss.
Will be a very interesting time post 1st Sep. Lets wait and watch.

i already have a burgundy savings account, will the 5:4 transfer rate apply to me till the end of the year or till later ?
is it worth it to continue holding the card, or should I just close it after I have transferred the august bonus points ?? btw I also use Infinia....

Can someone please let me know what is the minimum balance we have to maintain to become eligible for Burgandy Savings Account ?

Also I guess we have to wait till 1st Sep 2023 , for LTF Magnus for Burgandy Customers , am I right ?
sorry 10L total family value ... so i have 5L in mine and my wife's account

Last edited:
Can someone please let me know what is the minimum balance we have to maintain to become eligible for Burgandy Savings Account ?

Also I guess we have to wait till 1st Sep 2023 , for LTF Magnus for Burgandy Customers , am I right ?
5L to open the account. 10L in savings account to maintain the Burgundy status.

1692715895992.png

10L. It was clearly stated in the deval announcement. They also said there's some "exciting offer" or some such BS which would come in Sept. regarding the Burgundy accounts for 5:4. That hasn't happened yet.

Ok bro can you please explain 5:4 means ? how many points we get every 100 or 200 rupees.

Sorry still I can't get it.
It depends on the partner you're transferring to, and this topic has been extensively discussed on this forum. Try searching here or on YouTube, and you'll gain a better understanding.

Hello,
I am trying to find which hotels can be booked with reward points on Accor. Someone mentioned that there is a symbol of coins next to the hotel while searching. I am unable to find this. Can anyone please help with a screenshot? Or does the coin symbol only appear when you have enough points?

Hello,
I am trying to find which hotels can be booked with reward points on Accor. Someone mentioned that there is a symbol of coins next to the hotel while searching. I am unable to find this. Can anyone please help with a screenshot? Or does the coin symbol only appear when you have enough points?
It is only visible on Accor App. Please use app

Hello,
yes available on the app, ‘ALL Points’ in right side. IMG_1405.jpeg

Can anyone shed a light on the Family Burgundy TRV of 30 Lakh, can 30 Lakh FD be considered as TRV or it has to be Savings only?
FD, PPF, NPS, mutual funds all included.

However, I don’t know if there is a way to check the TRV or if it has to be manually added.

I recently opened burgandy for my family and still trying to figure it out.

FD, PPF, NPS, mutual funds all included.

However, I don’t know if there is a way to check the TRV or if it has to be manually added.

I recently opened burgandy for my family and still trying to figure it out.
Thanks for the update, I have a 30 Lakh FD maturing soon from another bank and I'm willing to redo it with Axis for the 5:4 conversion benefit. Do you think it will be a good idea considering the opportunity cost?

Back