• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What are the benefits of HDFC Regalia Rupay card over Visa and MasterCard?

The HDFC Regalia Rupay card has a new UPI feature for credit cards, but it may not work outside of India because it uses the Discover and Diners Club card network. Additionally, Visa and MasterCard often get discounts on e-commerce sales because they sponsor them.

The HDFC Regalia Rupay card has a new UPI feature for credit cards, but it may not work outside of India because it uses the Discover and Diners Club card network. Additionally, Visa and MasterCard often get discounts on e-commerce sales because they sponsor them.
You can also get discounts on e-commerce sales using HDFC RuPay Regalia credit card.

Visa and MasterCard is not sponsor on any e-commerce sales. E-commerce sales discount money paid by banks and few percentage paid by merchants.

Visa and Mastercard are just card networks, similar to RuPay and have nothing to do with discounts on e-commerce sales.

Only thing i agree with you is that outside India Visa and MasterCard accept everywhere. Discover and Diners Club card network has limtied acceptance.

Currently, I dnt recommend anyone to use RuPay card as your primary card for international transactions. Ya, you can use RuPay International cards as backup card. Agar chala toh chala, nahi chala toh nahi chala.

You can also get discounts on e-commerce sales using HDFC RuPay Regalia credit card.

Visa and MasterCard is not sponsor on any e-commerce sales. E-commerce sales discount money paid by banks and few percentage paid by merchants.

Visa and Mastercard are just card networks, similar to RuPay and have nothing to do with discounts on e-commerce sales.

Only thing i agree with you is that outside India Visa and MasterCard accept everywhere. Discover and Diners Club card network has limtied acceptance.

Currently, I dnt recommend anyone to use RuPay card as your primary card for international transactions. Ya, you can use RuPay International cards as backup card. Agar chala toh chala, nahi chala toh nahi chala.
Most of the time, discount sales only mention Visa and Mastercard.

Most of the time, discount sales only mention Visa and Mastercard.
Now a days banks start removing Visa and Mastercard name on any sales t&c and mentiond all credit cards and debit cards except business cards.

Some banks like HDFC, ICICI still copy paste old t&c on few sales offer but you will get discount on RuPay cards too.

Note - if any RuPay credit cards newly launch then it will take few months time to integrate new RuPay BINS on bank offers. HDFC RuPay Regalia is 5 years old BIN and fully integrated on approx 99.99% all HDFC bank sales offer.

I followed up multiple times on email. They kept on changing reasons for denial. Earlier they said its not available in rupay. Then they said we've temporarily stopped issuing. I think they don't want to give written proof that Rupay regalia is available. Then i called phone banking and the agent accepted the request easily. Then i did 4 transactions on the new card and again called. They accepted the request for priority pass too

HDFC card offers(10% off) that we find in amazon and flipkart worked with both visa and rupay.

anyone know if we can access domestic lounge for add on card for regalia mc variant?
As far as i know, regalia addon does not get separate domestic lounge access thru the card if both primary and addon visit together. If only the add on holder visits the domestic lounge without the primary card holder then they will get access (since the card number is exactly the same)

For international lounge visits thru priority pass the lounge access visits are shared between primary and addon holders and they both can visit at the same time (have personally tried this).

Back