• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What can be done, as Amex is cancelling my cards

Heisenberg37

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi guys
As in previous post i shared my experience of horrible FR.
Now that they are cancelling my cards is there anything i can do to convince them to keep them.

And for example they cancelled my cards when can I reapply again?

Attachments

• IMG_0228.jpeg
    IMG_0228.jpeg
    438.3 KB · Views: 1,157
Hi guys
Now that they are cancelling my cards is there anything i can do to convince them to keep them.

move on... . its an exit for you and a life lesson for all.. there are other cards.. stop pursuing them... Just ensure there is nothing negative on CIBIL

NPS without tax benefit is a very bad product.

You don't have any control of your money, anyday the government can change the rules and you can't do anything for that, like they did for SGB.

Better invest on a low cost index fund if you are not getting tax benefit for this. Atleast you would have control over what to do with your money.
Obviously without tax benefit even elss is shit 💀

If you pay the renewal fee of 1770, the return goes down to 4.43%.
12 x 1240 points on 12 x (4 x 1500) spend to buy 12 x 6000 Amazon pay on Amex Gyftr 2x

If you pay the renewal fee of 885 (at 50% discount), the return goes down to 5.66%
12 x 1240 points on 12 x (4 x 1500) spend to buy 12 x 6000 Amazon pay on Amex Gyftr 2x
All this Hassel just to get 4.43% and 5.66%
How about using SBI CB or hdfc millennia and buy Amazon gv to get 5% instead 😂

These are some cards giving 10% or more on select categories.
Notice that no American express Card comes even close--

1. Axis Magnus Burgundy (30% on Eazydiner, 24% on Grabdeals and Traveledge)
2. HDFC Infinia and Diners Club Black (15.55% or 12.6% for Amazon pay on Smartbuy)
3. Axis Atlas (10% on Traveledge, direct hotels and direct airlines)
4. Axis Airtel (on Airtel App) 25% on Airtel, 10% on utility bills, Swiggy, Zomato and BB)
5. HDFC Swiggy 10%
6. AU Lit (5% grocery/apparel + 5% bonus + 2.5% online/offline)
7. Tata Neu Infinity (on purchases of select categories on Tata neu app)
8. HSBC Cashback 10% on dining, groceries and food delivery (only for salaried employees)
9. IndusInd exclusive/select debit card for 20% discount (max 500 on 2500) on big basket between first to 25th of every month.
10. Rupay debit card for 20% discount on mobile recharge on Amazon every Friday (max 100 on 500)

Kindly give me max. points for my reputation, Thanks 🙏
Going by the cards you have, your annual spends must be around 1-1.5 Crores a year I assume?

Hi guys

Which Transactions of yours caught the attention of Amex? Somebody I know has gotten into a similar trouble for trying to rotate money on Amex through a Portal. He tried rotating upwards of Rs. 15 Lacs on the Plat. Charge within the first month of usage.

Absolutely agreed, you can live happily without any American express Card.
There are many better cards
Correct, I also have amex smartearn credit card from last 6-7 years and I rarely use but pay annual charges, I am planning to close my card , no use of amex, no offers

These are some cards giving 10% or more on select categories.
Notice that no American express Card comes even close--

1. Axis Magnus Burgundy (30% on Eazydiner, 24% on Grabdeals and Traveledge)
2. HDFC Infinia and Diners Club Black (15.55% or 12.6% for Amazon pay on Smartbuy)
3. Axis Atlas (10% on Traveledge, direct hotels and direct airlines)
4. Axis Airtel (on Airtel App) 25% on Airtel, 10% on utility bills, Swiggy, Zomato and BB)
5. HDFC Swiggy 10%
6. AU Lit (5% grocery/apparel + 5% bonus + 2.5% online/offline)
7. Tata Neu Infinity (on purchases of select categories on Tata neu app)
8. HSBC Cashback 10% on dining, groceries and food delivery (only for salaried employees)
9. IndusInd exclusive/select debit card for 20% discount (max 500 on 2500) on big basket between first to 25th of every month.
10. Rupay debit card for 20% discount on mobile recharge on Amazon every Friday (max 100 on 500)

Kindly give me max. points for my reputation, Thanks 🙏
Are people still trusting Axis with their heavy usage and miles and stuff? I mean to each their own, but after their recent fiasco of suspending reward accounts, I'll never touch any Axis card with a 10 feet pole.

Hi guys

What all did u do with ur card to be flagged ? Closing card n reapplying or manufactured spends or what really ?

Got it now..
Btw It's fine for me I do nps payment with MRCC which I am gonna do anyways..
How much reward we get for paying nps payments of Rs50000 for one financial year , and also nps payments allow credit card with a fee, does amex cards support? Please provide more info on this , I would like to save some money on nps payments

Which Transactions of yours caught the attention of Amex? Somebody I know has gotten into a similar trouble for trying to rotate money on Amex through a Portal. He tried rotating upwards of Rs. 15 Lacs on the Plat. Charge within the first month of usage.
Normal offline transactions at 1 merchat

Back