• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What Is The Criteria In IDFC Bank For Family Banking?

BankExpertIndia

TF Premier
Dear Community Members

I Am Thinking To Open Account In IDFC Bank... So I Wanted To Know The Minimum And The Maximum MAB For Accounts In A Family Group.

Experts Do Share Your Knowledge
@TechnoFino

karankayastha

TF Premier
Yes I mentioned about this T&C as well but they replied it is not yet enabled by the bank. Not sure if anyone managed to get Family Group created in IDFC from this forum.
Hey did you manage to Get it open My RM is also saying the same thing that Family Grouping is not yet open in the branch still i am pushing him to fast track it

Calm Radiance

TF Premier
I'm a novice in family group banking, can anyone kindly share the benefit? I understand that if you're already having IDFC select savings account, other family members can also get in the same program.

However,
Can anyone highlight if in a family, if there is 3 separate IDFC savings account and later 1 person gets an upgrade to IDFC select savings account and gives consent to include other account in IDFC family banking?
1) will account number get changed and all members will have same account number later?
2) will each account get upgraded to IDFC select and each account will have 5 lakh insured as per RBI guidelines.

Also, is there any hidden conditions one should be aware?

Thanks.

Last edited:

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I'm a novice in family group banking, can anyone kindly share the benefit? I understand that if you're already having IDFC select savings account, other family members can also get in the same program.

However,
Can anyone highlight if in a family, if there is 3 separate IDFC savings account and later 1 person gets an upgrade to IDFC select savings account and gives consent to include other account in IDFC family banking?
1) will account number get changed and all members will have same account number later?
2) will each account get upgraded to IDFC select and each account will have 5 lakh insured as per RBI guidelines.

Also, is there any hidden conditions one should be aware?

Thanks.
Account number will be as it is... Will not be changed. Only account variant will be changed at per highest primary holder
5 lakh RBI thing is separate for each account.

Calm Radiance

TF Premier
Account number will be as it is... Will not be changed. Only account variant will be changed at per highest primary holder
5 lakh RBI thing is separate for each account.
Thanks for the quick response,

Saw several threads in TF stating select is given for 3 lakhs AMB, however my RM called and stated 25K shall be the AMB for me, I've asked him to confirm me on mail, should one believe or its a gimmick?
Thanks.

gamersgzb

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the quick response,

Saw several threads in TF stating select is given for 3 lakhs AMB, however my RM called and stated 25K shall be the AMB for me, I've asked him to confirm me on mail, should one believe or its a gimmick?
Thanks.
Amb will be 25k but usually they make it select when you maintain 2-3 lakh balance... Else it will be lower variant account