• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

What period means "per month" in credit card cashback/reward capping?

mohit7

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Many cards come with "monthly" capping. For example, for Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card, there is a limit to the earning of the cashback which is as following:

-For 25% cashback on spends on Airtel Mobile, Broadband, WiFi and DTH bill payments via Airtel Thanks App, the capping is Rs.300 per month.
-For 10 % cashback on spends on utility bill payments such as gas, electricity, etc., via Airtel Thanks App, the capping is Rs.300 per month.
-For 10% cashback on Preferred merchants is capped at Rs.500 per month (combined for all merchants).
-For 1% cashback on other spends there is no limit

Now, let's assume that statement period for this card is 13th of Feb to 12th of March. Will the capping be calculated considering the statement period as a month, or entire Feb and entire March as two different months?

Another way to put this:
if there's 25% cashback with a capping of Rs.300 per month, and I do a transaction of Rs 2,000 on 25th Feb and another transaction of Rs 2,000 on 3rd March, considering the statement period to be 13th of Feb to 12th of March, will I receive Rs 600 cashback, or just Rs 300 for these transactions?

Thanks!

The monthly caping refers to calendar month.
Many cards come with "monthly" capping. For example, for Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card, there is a limit to the earning of the cashback which is as following:

-For 25% cashback on spends on Airtel Mobile, Broadband, WiFi and DTH bill payments via Airtel Thanks App, the capping is Rs.300 per month.
-For 10 % cashback on spends on utility bill payments such as gas, electricity, etc., via Airtel Thanks App, the capping is Rs.300 per month.
-For 10% cashback on Preferred merchants is capped at Rs.500 per month (combined for all merchants).
-For 1% cashback on other spends there is no limit

Now, let's assume that statement period for this card is 13th of Feb to 12th of March. Will the capping be calculated considering the statement period as a month, or entire Feb and entire March as two different months?

Another way to put this:
if there's 25% cashback with a capping of Rs.300 per month, and I do a transaction of Rs 2,000 on 25th Feb and another transaction of Rs 2,000 on 3rd March, considering the statement period to be 13th of Feb to 12th of March, will I receive Rs 600 cashback, or just Rs 300 for these transactions?

Thanks!
You will receive 600

Back