• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

When can we get HDFC preferred salary account?

devsfinance

TF Premier
Hello there after posting here and getting suggestions I opened account in HDFC for my salary as I wanted DCB later.

Also I received my salary in the same account recently. I read on the forum that by maintaining some amount in account we can ask for preferred upgrade.

I asked the person who opened my account about it he made me talk with Preferred RM, he told me that my account is in some other group and hence he can not convert it in preferred is it so?

I basically want preferred account because, I saw on Technofino YT channel that no salary proof is required to apply for card when we have classic/preferred account.

How can I push for preferred account?

I kind of got into a heated argument today with the RM, somehow after that I got a message to get consent for Imperia. Should I accept it? Or will there be any issues later. I just don’t want to get charged for some stupid thing

These managed programs in HDFC Banks are a mess.

Some of us are managed by virtual relationship manager and some of us by physical branch executives.

I was maintaining 2 Lacs+ for like 8 months, and my virtual Classic Banking manager used to say, why do want to migrate to Preferred Banking, did you not like my service? :).

It was a task of my life, to then get released from the clutches of Virtual Classic Banking Relationship Manager and get into grabs of another Virtual Preferred relationship Manager.

I am managed by Pune Zone Virtual Manager, even though in Noida, my Spouse has relationship manager in Noida branch, and parents are in another zone through virtual relationship manager. All of us have preferred account, and maintained 2L+ in Savings Bank Account.

For six months I tried my level best, mails, phone calls and tweets to club all there accounts under the same Family Banking and Relationship Manager but to no avail. No relationship will release his account to another. Its utterly mismanaged.

To cut the long story, if you are managed by someone other than your branch, your branch can not upgrade you to Preferred Banking, even if you meet the criteria.

Either the offer will be auto generated by system, or only your relationship manager can convert / upgrade.
I have this situation. My father become preferred member 2 months back through his RM's invitation. I also have HDFC Max account but in different city with no RM assigned to me. I requested my Father's RM to become my RM or create family banking group id and include me and my father. But he is failing to do so. He told me 3 times that he requested his manager for adding me in group, his manager is approving but his manager's manager (2nd level approval) is rejecting his request for me.
I don't know if my father's RM is playing with me by giving excuses or its really not possible to include me with my Father in family banking. I am looking for some suggestion for family banking id creation?

I have this situation. My father become preferred member 2 months back through his RM's invitation. I also have HDFC Max account but in different city with no RM assigned to me. I requested my Father's RM to become my RM or create family banking group id and include me and my father. But he is failing to do so. He told me 3 times that he requested his manager for adding me in group, his manager is approving but his manager's manager (2nd level approval) is rejecting his request for me.
I don't know if my father's RM is playing with me by giving excuses or its really not possible to include me with my Father in family banking. I am looking for some suggestion for family banking id creation?
Drop an email to hdfc team for linking your account with your father's, as a family account

Yaar I mentioned BM for a reason...
Apne hi mann ka karna tha toh advice kyu maange bhai 🤷
Anyways, congrats for the imperia.
Nahi nahi I didn’t ask him. I went and asked for BM only. But he wasn’t available in branch so they told me to wait in the meantime the a person told me this. Anyway I returned due to some issue BM won’t be coming but got the consent message so what’s the problem.

Accepted, you/your post have been my source of information many times.
Happy to know, bud!

I'll tell you why I specifically mentioned BM
it's because it's the BM who needs to raise a request for your change in status to preferred/imperia.

All other people are technically useless.

Also, my BM became my RM when I got the preferred.

So talking to other "middlemen" is according to me pointless 🙃

Nahi nahi I didn’t ask him. I went and asked for BM only. But he wasn’t available in branch so they told me to wait in the meantime the a person told me this. Anyway I returned due to some issue BM won’t be coming but got the consent message so what’s the problem.
Yep yep!
Do a follow up in 2-3 days if the status change does not reflect on your app/netbanking.

Also -- get the contact detilails of the bm. now since you're an imperia member, do reach out to your BM for any need (just like an RM)
And keep in mind to reach out to them first before writing an email to HDFC - because that would be a bamboo for your BM

Yep yep!
Do a follow up in 2-3 days if the status change does not reflect on your app/netbanking.

Also -- get the contact detilails of the bm. now since you're an imperia member, do reach out to your BM for any need (just like an RM)
And keep in mind to reach out to them first before writing an email to HDFC - because that would be a bamboo for your BM
Oh okay, Btw just asking I currently have some funds there but want to open ICICI wealth for which I may need to write a cheque of 1 Lac should I open that now? Or after the status upgrade? Asking this as I already gave consent.

Oh okay, Btw just asking I currently have some funds there but want to open ICICI wealth for which I may need to write a cheque of 1 Lac should I open that now? Or after the status upgrade? Asking this as I already gave consent.
I'd say keep a few lakhs till a good 1-2 weeks (ideally a month) after the status change.

The BM/RM get commission on it. So this way they'd be happy = better relations.

It will be upgraded within 24hrs. After that open wealth and transfer money back to hdfc and will recommend to keep good funds for atleast 3 months

Just let 2 month sal get credited if it fills the Preferred criteria of >1.5L then call your RM they will convert into preferred into minutes. For me my RM did instantly

Last edited:
Back