• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

When can we get HDFC preferred salary account?

devsfinance

TF Premier
Hello there after posting here and getting suggestions I opened account in HDFC for my salary as I wanted DCB later.

Also I received my salary in the same account recently. I read on the forum that by maintaining some amount in account we can ask for preferred upgrade.

I asked the person who opened my account about it he made me talk with Preferred RM, he told me that my account is in some other group and hence he can not convert it in preferred is it so?

I basically want preferred account because, I saw on Technofino YT channel that no salary proof is required to apply for card when we have classic/preferred account.

How can I push for preferred account?

My RM said that if you don't maintain (avg cumulatively) 1L for classic and 2L for preferred, HDFC will downgrade you. Is this true for salary accounts as well?

Quick clarification, so if we open salary account, will we still get easy shop platinum DC automatically or do we have to wait and upgrade.
Actually there are multiple types of salary account. And according to my knowledge the type is linked with company.

So depending on the type of account you may have to ask for this. For eg. to many people they give this DC by default.

Still standard for me, they asked my consent today.
I received a shady-looking email from HDFC from bankingresponse@hdfcbank.com stating Programme Consent for HDFC Bank Preferred Banking program. Anyway, the email looked secure so accepted it. Let's see how it goes.

Also, I got this process done especially by pushing my RM to put me into Preferred Banking as I have recently also applied Regalia Gold LTF, hoping both of the combination works just in case. My RM was telling since he is manually triggering PB, I need to be careful to maintain otherwise they might downgrade and put some unknown charges on me (I am not thinking of a card upgrade as I already have Easyshop through HDFC Salary Account). If the offer was a pre-approved PB upgrade, they don't generally downgrade is what he told me. Can you guys verify this fact? Anyways he wasn't ready to do but anyhow I got the consent email and I have approved it from my side.

I generally wouldn't be maintaining such a high amount in the bank but just wanted to know how to make sure you're not downgraded.

Back