• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

when my CIBIL score will generate for first time?

uday1821

TF Buzz
I am student, starting my credit journey.
Got FD card ICICI instant platinum in May starting it's almost 2 month when it will show in CIBIL?
how can I build good CIBIL score, guide me for my journey.

Always pay full due within due date and forget about CIBIL till this year end (check and view the score only in January).

Before purchasing something, think for a second whether you can pay full in due time or not. Do not opt for EMI, unless its really required and again forgot about CIBIL score till December.

Do not worry about saving interest amount by keeping the amount in savings account, pay as soon as you have money. Doesn't matter when? just pay whenever you have the money and always clear your dues by due date. And mostly, forgot about CIBIL score till December, don't have to check till that time.

No matter whether you use full amount or only half or only 30%, doesn't matter just pay in full by due date and never miss the due date.

Always pay full due within due date and forget about CIBIL till this year end (check and view the score only in January).

Before purchasing something, think for a second whether you can pay full in due time or not. Do not opt for EMI, unless its really required and again forgot about CIBIL score till December.

Do not worry about saving interest amount by keeping the amount in savings account, pay as soon as you have money. Doesn't matter when? just pay whenever you have the money and always clear your dues by due date. And mostly, forgot about CIBIL score till December, don't have to check till that time.

No matter whether you use full amount or only half or only 30%, doesn't matter just pay in full by due date and never miss the due date.

In short, Just pay your full bill before the due date. 😛

I love when senior members help a newbie even for such basic things. Thank you for taking out time and explaining the things to the guy sir.

Last edited:
Got FD card ICICI instant platinum in May starting it's almost 2 month when it will show in CIBIL?
IIRC ICICI is pretty slow to report new cards. Give it another month, if it is still not there, you could email them. Either way, you won't be eligible for cards based on your CIBIL for a while, so I wouldn't bother about it right now.

Ok Got it.
Thank You for your explanation.

The reason for which it is not advisable for a newbie to check credit score frequently is because in the initial stages, even a small transaction on your card will result in wild swings in the credit score. But as your credit score gets older, it'll stabilise and will be less affected due to rise in hard enquiries.

Back