• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which CC to use to purchase car?

_ayush

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am about to purchase a car next month and negotiated MDR to 1%. Looking for Credit card recommendations to pay for it. Total amount I need to pay is 12.5L.

The merchant's MCC is 7538.

Even though ITR should not be an issue, I dont want to cross 10L on a single bank card.

- DCB (8.6L limit) - thinking of paying 7L which should get me infinia (last 2 month spends around 1L)
- Atlas (3.3L limit) - have already spent 4.2L. if I pay 3.3L using atlas, it should get me 7.5L milestone and renewal benefit next year.
- Other cards I have are SBI Cashback, Sapphiro, APay, Coral, Amex trifecta (Amex not working on merchant POS).

Open to get any other credit card which has good reward rate offline.
A card which seems good to me is Yes Reserv along with 3x subscription.

Another thing would be to get cashback on CC bill payment. Currently I have 3 HDFC Platinum DC but it wouldn't be enough. Was planning to get indusind signature but their CC is not serviceable on my pincode so not sure how I will get 0 MAB account.

Update/Summary -

Best card for such payment would be M4B but it would not be sustainable for me.
M4B would give 1,61,200 accor points (12.8% returns).

Decided to go with Atlas, DCB, and Marquee (wasnt eligible for Reserv).
Atlas would give 13,200 accor points (on 3.3L spend) + 5,000 accor points (7.5L milestone) + 5,000 accor points (renewal benefit)
DCB would give 23,330 points (7L spend) and milestone benefits (500 ola + 500 bms voucher). Should also make me eligible for infinia.
Marquee would give me points worth 5500 rupees on 2.2L spend (redeemable on flights/zomato vouchers).

Last edited:
yeah finally vkyc got completed. one of the worst kyc experience. Agent had very poor connection and disconnected twice. He couldnt see my pan card due to his network issue and kept asking me to wipe my camera clean 🤣

good things happen for those who can wait !! ;)
Polish Waiting GIF by Loud Lacquer

Depends on what all cards you have. Plat travel if works would offer great reward rates. Also if you have m4b, that would be great as well.

Also depends on what sort of usage and redemption options you prefer. For me alot of spends are covered by vouchers hence prioritising spends on dcb to get infinia instead of stressing over max reward rate.
Am also planning to buy car nd pay down payment 5 lacs with CC, few ppl recommended amex plat travel , do you suggest any other card ?

Back