• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which CC to use to purchase car?

_ayush

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I am about to purchase a car next month and negotiated MDR to 1%. Looking for Credit card recommendations to pay for it. Total amount I need to pay is 12.5L.

The merchant's MCC is 7538.

Even though ITR should not be an issue, I dont want to cross 10L on a single bank card.

- DCB (8.6L limit) - thinking of paying 7L which should get me infinia (last 2 month spends around 1L)
- Atlas (3.3L limit) - have already spent 4.2L. if I pay 3.3L using atlas, it should get me 7.5L milestone and renewal benefit next year.
- Other cards I have are SBI Cashback, Sapphiro, APay, Coral, Amex trifecta (Amex not working on merchant POS).

Open to get any other credit card which has good reward rate offline.
A card which seems good to me is Yes Reserv along with 3x subscription.

Another thing would be to get cashback on CC bill payment. Currently I have 3 HDFC Platinum DC but it wouldn't be enough. Was planning to get indusind signature but their CC is not serviceable on my pincode so not sure how I will get 0 MAB account.

Update/Summary -

Best card for such payment would be M4B but it would not be sustainable for me.
M4B would give 1,61,200 accor points (12.8% returns).

Decided to go with Atlas, DCB, and Marquee (wasnt eligible for Reserv).
Atlas would give 13,200 accor points (on 3.3L spend) + 5,000 accor points (7.5L milestone) + 5,000 accor points (renewal benefit)
DCB would give 23,330 points (7L spend) and milestone benefits (500 ola + 500 bms voucher). Should also make me eligible for infinia.
Marquee would give me points worth 5500 rupees on 2.2L spend (redeemable on flights/zomato vouchers).

Last edited:
@SSV any comments sir?
I think you get Offline RP for YES cards.. you can go for 5X rewards under Reserv , why you want to choose 3X only?
the eligiblity criteria is same for 3X and 5X.. do you think it wont cover subscription cost for your left over spends?
Even then go for 5X and you can use it for other spends during the year...

I think you get Offline RP for YES cards.. you can go for 5X reward under Reserv , why you want to choose 3X only?
the eligiblity criteria is same ofr 3X and 5X.. do you think it wont cover subscription cost for your left over spends?
5x is limited to specific categories only.. and car mcc may not qualify (offline)..i guess only 3x will be applicable

Last edited:
I think you get Offline RP for YES cards.. you can go for 5X reward under Reserv , why you want to choose 3X only?
the eligiblity criteria is same ofr 3X and 5X.. do you think it wont cover subscription cost for your left over spends?
if I go for 5x, it wont fetch me 3x rewards for this spend right?
Edit - Also might not have much spends in the 5x specific categories

Reactions: SSV
Yes but getting m4b is very difficult plus 35k fees is an issue.
For m4b I need to keep 10L for 3 month or 30L for a month.
This is 100% correct..

Don't go for M4B .. escpecially as it is paid now.. the reasons:
1) It is only suitable for consistent HUGE spenders.
2) Only good for frequent fliers and /or for the people in air miles game / hotel spends
3) and most importantly you are dealing with 🪓 ,the industry's notorious customer insulters..
I can list more points but I will stop it here..

Last edited:
5x is limited to specific categories only.. and car mcc may not qualify (offline)
I always thought the eligibility crieteria is same for 3X and 5X.. is it different ? never used / looked at Reserv before deeply..

okay then find out if your MCC is eleigible for 5X, if eligible 5X is preferable than 3X..
You can even consider Marquee, for its overall good features.. ( may nto give you bang for the buck for this particular transaction)..

Last edited:
This is 100% correct..

Don't go for M4B .. escpecially as it is paid now.. the reasons:
1) It is only suitable for consistent HUGE spenders.
2) Only good for frequent fliers and /or for the people in air mile game / hotel spends
3) and most importantly you are dealing with 🪓 ,the industry's notorious customer insulters..
I can list more points but I will stop it here..
cdnt agree more.. m4b is a double edged axe.. avoidable by miles...and its qualifiers are unreasonable and misplaced.. 30 L. / 35k Fee
.ridiculous

yes m4b will not be sustainable for me even though it would fetch the most rewards in this case.
This is not at all a good card , especially with paid feature and 30L FD / 10L SB criteria...
It is only suitable for may be top 1 or 2 % of CC population..

5x is limited to specific categories only.. and car mcc may not qualify (offline)..i guess only 3x will be applicable

Okay, it seems your transaction is not eligible for 5X.. It is limited to only a few types of transactions.. then go for 3X only or Marquee..

1724656309939.webp

You can even consider Marquee, for its overall good features.. ( may nto give you bang for the buck for this particular transaction)..
Marquee is good card overall but would fetch lesser reward in both online and offline compared to reserv. My lounge requirements are sorted by DCB(ltf) and for BMS I have sapphiro(ltf).
Also I dont think I would be eligible for it based on salary.

Marquee is good card overall but would fetch lesser reward in both online and offline compared to reserv. My lounge requirements are sorted by DCB(ltf) and for BMS I have sapphiro(ltf).
Also I dont think I would be eligible for it based on salary.
okay, think it this way:
If you are offered Reserv - just take it with eyes closed ..
but if you are offered Marquee - then also take it..

because you dont have choice to pick any YES card you want.. You have to choose only from the one's you were offered..

All the best

So it only shows marquee not reserv. Should I take it or is there some other option?
Just as I expected ... good luck...

Take Marquee if you like the things mentioned here.....

I dont understand 😂
Looking at the eligibility criteria, getting marquee seems difficult and I shouldn't even be eligible for it.

• Haha
I dont understand 😂
Looking at the eligibility criteria, getting marquee seems difficult and I shouldn't even be eligible for it.
means you have avery good CIBIL profile.. not just CIBIL socre..!!

Dont know if I should be happy or sad for this
Just take it mate !!.. you should always think life in a broader perspective.. and Marquee is one the best cards in its category.. You should be much happier..
and also one more thing.. whatever happens in life we should think positive aspect of it and be happier..

1724658775565.webp

Back