• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which Forex card is good

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
If you're going to use it as a backup card, not worth thinking too much about it. On a recent 2 weeks EU family trip, I simply withdrew 100 euros using my debit card and spent everything else on Magnus.. Except for street shopping, you should be able to use credit card pretty much everywhere.
Thanks.. Yes thats what i am also concluding after all the discussion.. 3.5% markup on my axis debit card for 100-200 euro will not be big amt in context of overall trip cost.. only thing need to be careful of misuse of debit card which is linked to primary savings account..

sgoyal9

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Can you clarify whats the reward for SC Ultimate for forex spends? Is it good? thanks.
Had to verify again once for SC Ultimate. It is 3.5% of transaction and then 1.5% cash back. So, essentially 2% markup. Not the best, not the worst. But I think it would be better in my opinion then a Forex card with the same markup. No need to worry about keeping it loaded etc.

thanix

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks.. Yes thats what i am also concluding after all the discussion.. 3.5% markup on my axis debit card for 100-200 euro will not be big amt in context of overall trip cost.. only thing need to be careful of misuse of debit card which is linked to primary savings account..
In that case, you can just get forex cash itself from India in EUR in small denominations. You can use it as back up. Europe is very cash friendly.

In Europe, bigger stores even offer INR payment but it will warrant DCC. I have just posted a thread about it but I don't find it beneficial. Check it out. As expected DCB sucks and not accepted in many places. So Magnus with 2% Mark up you need to use. You will lose 1% cashback on DCB with GVP.

Reactions: CVR

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
In that case, you can just get forex cash itself from India in EUR in small denominations. You can use it as back up. Europe is very cash friendly.

In Europe, bigger stores even offer INR payment but it will warrant DCC. I have just posted a thread about it but I don't find it beneficial. Check it out. As expected DCB sucks and not accepted in many places. So Magnus with 2% Mark up you need to use. You will lose 1% cashback on DCB with GVP.
yes i was hoping to use DCB for 1% cashback with GVP.. but even for online bookings like internal train, ferries, flights not a single website accepted DCB.. i had to use magnus only.. i have taken rbl world safari cc also now which has zero forex markup..

Alex292929

TF Premier
if I load usd in hdfc multicurrency forex card, can I use it to make a international usd txn while sitting here in india?
In august I have to make one $2000 txn what are the charges to load usd?