• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Which Forex card is good

iNokia

TF Premier
They have tied up with different banks. This way, if one of the banks has an issue, like what's happening with SBM right now, then you can easily use another card from the other bank.
I don't think it's easy. We have to create Bank accounts in DCB/equitas and close sbm.
I believe niyo could act as mediator and smoothen the process but vkyc will be done again anyways.

Also the three products have different fees wrt card issuance and other stuff. So it might not be easy for niyo.
I haven't heard any update from niyo regarding transferring accounts. They are just shoving the fd cc in my face.

xiddy

TF Premier
I don't think it's easy. We have to create Bank accounts in DCB/equitas and close sbm.
I believe niyo could act as mediator and smoothen the process but vkyc will be done again anyways.

Also the three products have different fees wrt card issuance and other stuff. So it might not be easy for niyo.
I haven't heard any update from niyo regarding transferring accounts. They are just shoving the fd cc in my face.
Do they not allow you to have a niyoX and a Niyo global account at the same time? I actually haven't checked that yet. I did open a Fi account for redundancy. Yeah, NiyoX has some fees attached to it, but it's nothing compared to the money it will save you on your trip.

anirban.choudhury

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Do they not allow you to have a niyoX and a Niyo global account at the same time? I actually haven't checked that yet. I did open a Fi account for redundancy. Yeah, NiyoX has some fees attached to it, but it's nothing compared to the money it will save you on your trip.
No , niyox and niyo global are 2 different thing. One need to open account in both websites separately . One is handled by DCB and other via SBM

sgoyal9

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Is there any specific reason for a ForEx card?

If possible, my suggestion would be to go for a high-reward rate credit card like Axis Magnus or SC Ultimate.
For example, if you can spend over 1L in the month using the Magnus then you would end up getting a 6.2%. That would cover any ForEx charges applied and then some.

ishag

TF Buzz
Yeah, I had a Niyo Global card that I used previously. But with the RBI ban on SBM in effect again, I am debating if I should maybe get the Fi or Jupiter card.
Re: forex cards there is still quite a markup when reloading them, no?