• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

which whey protein supplement/brand you prefer or use

prash1161

TF Ace
I used myprotein iso salted caramel
And after few days I got big dark red pimples 5-10 on back
It was 2.5kg one
After that I thrown it and now
I consume muscleblaze high protein oats and panneer that's it

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have always used Isopure all my life, and it is pretty good. But off late, its prices have sky rocketed. So I was looking at good reliable cheaper options and came across Amul's line of protein products. I have tried their buttermilk, lassi, and their whey protein after reading a lot of reviews and seeing lab tests. It is going good but its been only 2 weeks.

Any long term users of Amul who can testify?

sidp

TF Ace
.I've also experimented with a couple of plant-based protein brands, but when it comes to taste, there's simply no cocomparison.
For whey protein review check out trustified or all about nutrition. (Same guy). Seems genuine.

More than whey protein, your focus should be on multi vitamin, and prebiotic and probiotic. Gut health is most important. It doesn't matter what you eat, if your guts can't absorb the nutrients

Also if you are lactose intolerant, have you tried desi cow/goat/camel milk? Many people who think they are lactose intolerant are actually a1 milk intolerant. They have no problem with a2 milk.

Last edited:

dungeonMaster

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
For whey protein review check out trustified or all about nutrition. (Same guy). Seems genuine.

More than whey protein, your focus should be on multi vitamin, and prebiotic and probiotic. Gut health is most important. It doesn't matter what you eat, if your guts can't absorb the nutrients

Also if you are lactose intolerant, have you tried desi cow/goat/camel milk? Many people who think they are lactose intolerant are actually a1 milk intolerant. They have no problem with a2 milk.
This guy is correct, I had huge prob with my gut wasn't able to digest anything. Changed my diet, took 3-4 months to resolve.
Doing gym during this time wasn't seeing any progress. But when guts became better results were significant.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I actually buy my protein from Man Matters and it is very economical https://manmatters.com/dp/26167022, 1 kg protein costs about 1899, there is usually a promocode of 10-20% off, MM10/MM20 and then I pay via cred pay https://giskaa.com/cred-man-matters, just have to enable in reward section in cred app before paying and I order it from the app so I get another 10% cashback, generally I would get 1 kg protein in for less than 1k sometimes even around Rs500 when there are good offers, they are also good quality protein, I think this is a loophole not many people use, I dont know how long this offer will last.
1708889115344.png

pinki

TF Ace
I've been consuming whey protein since 2016, I believe. I've invested so much money into whey, and I can't help but wonder how much richer I'd be by now if I hadn't spent so much on it, lol. Over the years, I've used various brands, including Optimum Nutrition (ON) and Ultimate Nutrition (2016-2017). I also tried MuscleBlaze Gold and, for the past two years, I've been using Avatar Whey Protein Isorich in Malai Kulfi flavor.

However, I recently decided to explore more budget-friendly options because the 4kg Avatar Whey Protein cost me a whopping 9600 rupees last time, and it was becoming too expensive. So, I tried Nakpro Isolate Protein, purchasing two 1kg containers for 1999 rupees each, which equates to around 52-56 rupees per scoop.

I've always been curious about MuscleBlaze Biozyme Zero Carb protein, which is priced at 5999 rupees. I managed to find it on 1mg for 5200 rupees, and I wanted to give MuscleBlaze another try after so many years. I've tried their more expensive options before, priced at 6999 rupees, but those didt sit well with my lactose intolerance. This time, the packaging indicated that lactose might have been removed, but the 1.5/3k price jump made me hesitant to buy it again.

When it comes to buying supplements, I explore both offline and online options. Sometimes, I find that old stock, which is nearing its expiry date, is significantly cheaper. I just need to manually check with the sellers.

I've also experimented with a couple of plant-based protein brands, but when it comes to taste, there's simply no comparison.
Ye sb to thk hai but what do you do for living? 😅😅

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I used myprotein iso salted caramel
And after few days I got big dark red pimples 5-10 on back
It was 2.5kg one
After that I thrown it and now
I consume muscleblaze high protein oats and panneer that's it
Dude... why salted caramel, bro? Even I was a victim of this most abhorred flavor. I bought 500g and I had to throw it out too, but never 2.5kg! Myprotein sucks, man. Last time I ordered, they sent me the wrong flavor and wouldn't refund me. Instead of a return, they sold me another 2.5kg, and I had to throw it out in the toilet because the whey protein made my gut a river.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I have always used Isopure all my life, and it is pretty good. But off late, its prices have sky rocketed. So I was looking at good reliable cheaper options and came across Amul's line of protein products. I have tried their buttermilk, lassi, and their whey protein after reading a lot of reviews and seeing lab tests. It is going good but its been only 2 weeks.

Any long term users of Amul who can testify?
same even i tried their product buttermilk lassi that was in mango favour and through YT Trustified Channel but it was too thick.. so would not recommended anyone to buy that and their Favour less whey in packet is alright.

Reactions: BMR

prash1161

TF Ace
Dude... why salted caramel, bro? Even I was a victim of this most abhorred flavor. I bought 500g and I had to throw it out too, but never 2.5kg! Myprotein sucks, man. Last time I ordered, they sent me the wrong flavor and wouldn't refund me. Instead of a return, they sold me another 2.5kg, and I had to throw it out in the toilet because the whey protein made my gut a river.
They told me in August that they refunded me on chat support
But that never credited into my bank
Told them like 10 times still no solution

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator

I feel like your knowledge and mine are on the same level, trustified brother. I've been following him for a couple of years and Fit Tuber (5 years plus), so A1 and A2 Milk are very well-known to me. I was even using A2 Milk from Provilac with dried ginger added. You can search for the 'Fit Tuber lactose milk' video, and I followed this advice. I managed to drink milk again, but it went to waste after a few months due to my other issues. As of now, I'm very happy to say I can drink or even eat ice cream; I just need to take a lactose tablet, Lactobacillus rhamnosus or one of them, because that's responsible for lactose breakdown. So, 2-3 tablets a day after each meal or 30 minutes before, and one more tablet for a probiotic or Dahi that says 'lactose-free,' which is like 400ml for 100 Rs. I bought it from Bigbasket. In the morning, you need to have it on an empty stomach just for a week, and almost all of the problems are now gone. For now, I need to have milk in the night, so unfortunately, Amul Lactose 250ml with turmeric and honey will replace this soon with A2 Milk again once my lactose issue is almost gone because I would need to finish 500ml a day, and my family is all okay with A1 Milk because it's around 35ml versus 45 humpy A2. I haven't tried them yet versus 55 Rs 500ml of Provilac

sidp

TF Ace
I feel like your knowledge and mine are on the same level, trustified brother. I've been following him for a couple of years and Fit Tuber (5 years plus),
Yeah I like these two too. They have some click bait thumbnails but the content seems genuine.
As of now, I'm very happy to say I can drink or even eat ice cream; I just need to take a lactose tablet, Lactobacillus rhamnosus or one of them, because that's responsible for lactose breakdown.
I think you have gut issues. Its not genetic. So it is solvable. You can solve it if you tighten your diet for a month. Better to consult a gastroenterologist or certified nutritionist in a decent hospital. (Now people do online courses and write nutritionist). He might suggest a gut health tab like Acogut and some strong pro+pre biotics like synprotik forte. If you chew/smoke tobacco stop it, decrease sour food( except Dahi/chhanch), decrease red meat consumption for a month.

Instead of bottled milk, source it from local milkman. Even if they add water, still it's better. During pasteurization process, a lot nutrients are lost. Try desi cow or Goat milk first. These are easy to source. Camel milk is harder source unless you are in rajasthan or Gujarat.
A client has a autistic child with lactose intolerance. She wouldn't eat any milk products. Even if add some cream in curry. I sourced goat milk for them, now she drinks it without any problem.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Yeah I like these two too. They have some click bait thumbnails but the content seems genuine.

I think you have gut issues. Its not genetic. So it is solvable. You can solve it if you tighten your diet for a month. Better to consult a gastroenterologist or certified nutritionist in a decent hospital. (Now people do online courses and write nutritionist). He might suggest a gut health tab like Acogut and some strong pro+pre biotics like synprotik forte. If you chew/smoke tobacco stop it, decrease sour food( except Dahi/chhanch), decrease red meat consumption for a month.

Instead of bottled milk, source it from local milkman. Even if they add water, still it's better. During pasteurization process, a lot nutrients are lost. Try desi cow or Goat milk first. These are easy to source. Camel milk is harder source unless you are in rajasthan or Gujarat.
A client has a autistic child with lactose intolerance. She wouldn't eat any milk products. Even if add some cream in curry. I sourced goat milk for them, now she drinks it without any problem.
i forget to mentioned i tried Camel Milk from Amul not sure how real the milk was but my gut couldn't digest it was 6-8 month ago. and yes i do have Gut issue for sure. and yes i do have tighten my Diet will take your advice. if i may ask what your professional cause you do have a good grip on this subject. and I'm vegetarian so no meat , no smoke or even alcohol.

sidp

TF Ace
i forget to mentioned i tried Camel Milk from Amul not sure how real the milk was but my gut couldn't digest it was 6-8 month ago. and yes i do have Gut issue for sure. and yes i do have tighten my Diet will take your advice. if i may ask what your professional cause you do have a good grip on this subject.
Eee Engineer turned sw developer then mba to consultant to own business. But I do like to read a lot. And have met some people I guess. Hehe
Also I am planning to get into agri business, but initial investment is the speed breaker. Doesn't make sense to invest so much in other people land, and buying own land is even bigger issuer with all the corruption and red tape.

deep@vie

TF Legend
i forget to mentioned i tried Camel Milk from Amul not sure how real the milk was but my gut couldn't digest it was 6-8 month ago. and yes i do have Gut issue for sure. and yes i do have tighten my Diet will take your advice. if i may ask what your professional cause you do have a good grip on this subject. and I'm vegetarian so no meat , no smoke or even alcohol.
Camel milk is easier to digest then other available milks.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
Camel milk is easier to digest then other available milks.
not sure cause as per nutritional info it lactose content was same as regular milk i believe but then my gut at the time was very weak so i can't comment so would agree with you then. may be would try camel milk again the near future.

prash1161

TF Ace
Eee Engineer turned sw developer then mba to consultant to own business. But I do like to read a lot. And have met some people I guess. Hehe
Also I am planning to get into agri business, but initial investment is the speed breaker. Doesn't make sense to invest so much in other people land, and buying own land is even bigger issuer with all the corruption and red tape.
Which business bro