• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Wifi + OTT + Sim, best plan?

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
If someone could provide insights on my experiences, it would be helpful for me to save money in the future. Currently, I have two SIM cards costing 2999 each for both my office and personal use. For home Wi-Fi, I pay 6358 for a 200 Mbps local connection, and for my office, I use JioFiber with a 30 Mbps plan, costing 470.82 per month. Starting from October, I plan to recharge on a semi-annual basis.

Regarding OTT subscriptions, I got an amazing deal on Amazon Prime through Smartbuy, paying 1349 and receiving 500 cashback when I redeemed it on 14th July during the Prime Day week. So, the net cost was 849 rupees (not considering the reward points from Infinia, which is 200 rp). For Hotstar, I paid around 224 bucks for a 1080p subscription since I only watch it on my laptop (cause of TimePrimes). I previously had Netflix, but I canceled it after one year because there wasn't much content available, and I had little time to watch.:ROFLMAO:

Slayer

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
If someone could provide insights on my experiences, it would be helpful for me to save money in the future. Currently, I have two SIM cards costing 2999 each for both my office and personal use. For home Wi-Fi, I pay 6358 for a 200 Mbps local connection, and for my office, I use JioFiber with a 30 Mbps plan, costing 470.82 per month. Starting from October, I plan to recharge on a semi-annual basis.

Regarding OTT subscriptions, I got an amazing deal on Amazon Prime through Smartbuy, paying 1349 and receiving 500 cashback when I redeemed it on 14th July during the Prime Day week. So, the net cost was 849 rupees (not considering the reward points from Infinia, which is 200 rp). For Hotstar, I paid around 224 bucks for a 1080p subscription since I only watch it on my laptop (cause of TimePrimes). I previously had Netflix, but I canceled it after one year because there wasn't much content available, and I had little time to watch.:ROFLMAO:
How much do you use your mobile data?

AritraSaha

TF Legend

If you're is 5g area, then port to jio, in 1559 for 336day you will get unlimited call & unlimited 5g data.

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
How much do you use your mobile data?
Only when I'm out, on work phone In April, I used 1.32GB, May 5GB, June 4.68GB, and in June again 1.82GB. During April and May, I was just testing the speed check on different phones and networks. On my iPhone, I'm not entirely sure about the data usage as the mobile data settings do not show much information, and I would need to check through the Jio app. However, it's safe to assume that the usage is the same or even less.

Looking back, I realize that I should have opted for the 1799 plan instead of the 2999 plan on both SIM cards. But, this time, I will stick with the current 3k plans for the last time.

Dragon_slayer

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I am paying 585(inc gst) for 85 mbps from a local isp.

Had to called them 3 times in last 2 years.. otherwise good.

Anyone using excitel? I heard their super cheap..
I was using excitel before. But using jio fiber now, as with JIO fiber I dont need to have cable connection anymore, everything runs using the jio fiber and the OTT platform bundle which they have. Overall still saving money if I combine expenses for both Internet + Cable connection