• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Worse experience AXIS cc

cardex

TF Premier
Technologically the worst pvt sector bank, branch employees redirect the customer to customer service and vice versa, from one branch to another, no one has any clue how to get things done, despite merging all my customer id into one, it is still not active ! I mean is not it ridiculous that merging cust id does not automatically activate it?

A simple task of changing mobile numbers cannot be done as there is no access to the app. Netbanking won't allow me to do that, as id not active.

Compare that to Kotak, 5 minutes to change, HDFC, facility through ATM, Indus and ICICI , through ATM or cust care call.

Seems Axis has not shed its lethargy decades after UTI merger.

Terrible.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Technologically the worst pvt sector bank, branch employees redirect the customer to customer service and vice versa, from one branch to another, no one has any clue how to get things done, despite merging all my customer id into one, it is still not active ! I mean is not it ridiculous that merging cust id does not automatically activate it?

A simple task of changing mobile numbers cannot be done as there is no access to the app. Netbanking won't allow me to do that, as id not active.

Compare that to Kotak, 5 minutes to change, HDFC, facility through ATM, Indus and ICICI , through ATM or cust care call.

Terrible.
Omen ! !

I can understand your frustration .. and it might feel a bit better now that you vent it out... we are all similarly placed in one way or the other ....
Kaching .... AXIS way !!! ;)

Last edited:

varun__goel_

TF Legend

Terrible.
Another day, another thread, another victim, but culprit remains the same - Axis Bank Ltd. 🤝🏻🙂

sudheerreddy

TF Premier

Terrible.
Even I am also facing an issue with the AXIS Customer Support,
I had raised a complaint on 22nd November still there is still no response from them,
Even I had sent Mail to PNO also, and every time I got a reply like ""our team is working on your concern,we will get back to you soon""

cardex

TF Premier
Even I am also facing an issue with the AXIS Customer Support,
I had raised a complaint on 22nd November still there is still no response from them,
Even I had sent Mail to PNO also, and every time I got a reply like ""our team is working on your concern,we will get back to you soon""
how about ombudsman complaint?

Quantum

TF Premier

Terrible.
Welcome to the party.
Have some Burgundy Mojito🍹

As I keep mentioning, it's their "culture". The culture that is well nurtured by the CEO/COO staff.

You could go to RBI Ombudsman, but guess what, it takes time and a lot of patience, enough to abhor As-is Bank.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Welcome to the party.
Have some Burgundy Mojito🍹

As I keep mentioning, it's their "culture". The culture that is well nurtured by the CEO/COO staff.

You could go to RBI Ombudsman, but guess what, it takes time and a lot of patience, enough to abhor As-is Bank.
DNA will never die !!

Quantum

TF Premier
I think after 30 days of complaint with the bank, if the complaint is still not resolved then we can approach the ombudsman.
Is the above statement right?
Yes.
Suppose you get an unsatisfactory response within 2 days from the highest grievance redressal team/officer of the RE, then also you could go to RBI Ombudsman on 2nd day onward. No need to wait for 30 days.

Last edited:

rohit_

TF Premier
I raised this issue with RBI on 03 Nov 2023: Unable to link UPI

On November 22, 2023, the Regional Nodal Officer contacted me and said they would look into the matter and provide a resolution. After that, there was complete silence until November 13, 2023, when branch officials contacted me, saying that if I took a debit card, the matter would be resolved. They assured me the card was free, so I agreed. After OTP verification, the card was delivered today, on December 17, 2023. However, in the interim, the regional nodal officer contacted me again on December 15, 2023, mentioning that the card had been issued and would be delivered soon. I reiterated my concern that while the debit card may work, my original query remained unresolved. I also mentioned that though the card was issued free of charge, there might be future fees. He suggested saving his number and the branch official's number, assuring me that if charges were applied, they would reverse them. Then, he mentioned sending me an email to confirm if the card worked with UPI after its delivery. I agreed. Today, I replied to their email, and now I'm waiting to see what happens.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Today I send them Mail:

Dear Sir/Mam,
I am writing to follow up on my previous complaint regarding the inability to link my Axis Bank account to UPI without an active debit card. While I appreciate receiving my online rewards debit card today, December 17, 2023, and successfully linking my account to UPI, this does not resolve the core issue of my complaint.
My concern remains that Axis Bank's policy of not showing accounts in UPI unless linked to an active debit card is inconvenient and potentially unfair. If this is a technical issue within your system, I urge you to prioritize a fix. However, if this is an intentional policy requiring an active debit card to even display an account on UPI, I find it frankly disappointing and inconvenient for customers like myself.
I understand that setting up a UPI PIN requires a debit card, but merely viewing account information and receiving money should not be contingent upon having one. This policy seems outdated, especially considering RBI's recent initiatives like UPI PIN creation through Aadhaar cards implemented by many other banks.
Furthermore, during our phone conversation, I was assured that no charges would be associated with this online rewards debit card, now or in the future. I would appreciate a written confirmation of this commitment for future reference.
Therefore, I urge Axis Bank to reconsider its policy of hiding accounts not linked to active debit cards from UPI platforms. This practice creates unnecessary hurdles for customers and goes against the spirit of open access to financial services. I believe offering the option to view account information and receive money through UPI regardless of debit card linkage would be a positive step towards improving customer experience and financial inclusion.
Additionally, I would appreciate an update regarding any system upgrades or policy changes that would allow me to access UPI (not transactions, only showing the account in UPI) without the debit card. If such a solution becomes available, I would prefer to deactivate my debit card as it is no longer necessary for my needs.
Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. I look forward to a resolution that addresses the core issue of my complaint.

Last edited:

Quantum

TF Premier
Yes.
Suppose you get an unsatisfactory response within 2 days from the highest grievance redressal team/officer of the RE, then also you could go to RBI Ombudsman on 2nd day onward. No need to wait for 30 days.
@card-shard I see you disliked the post, and thanks for sharing the reason in the conversation (when I asked) that you found the above statement "wrong" because of your Google search result:
"The unified ombudsman scheme will provide redress of customer complaints involving deficiency in services rendered by RBI regulated entities viz. banks, NBFCs (Non banking Financial Companies) and pre-paid instrument players if the grievance is not resolved to the satisfaction of the customers or not replied within a period of 30 days by the regulated entity.

This info is available on google search."

A friendly advice, do get the information from the source of the truth, which would be RBI in this case.
Before jumping to conclusion if you had put some more effort to read and probably understand the scheme at https://www.rbi.org.in/commonperson/English/Scripts/FAQs.aspx?Id=3407 , you would have realized that what I mentioned in the above post is factually correct. But probably reading the scheme to cross check is not the convenient route.

JFYI, I myself have raised two RBI Ombudsman complaints that were made on 5th day and 27th day.
So, yeah, whatever I write in this forum is not based on some mere Google search. Same goes for most of the other members here, who write based on their first hand experience with products and services, and not just speculation or Google search.
Again, my statement is in the post is 100% factually correct. You may want to review your judgement and comprehension about the RBI Ombudsman scheme.
Thanks.

Last edited:

cardex

TF Premier
chat agent tries to play football with me , and I immediately complain to nodal and PNO : 😁 dont mess with me axis folks:LOL::LOL:

"as I noted, the internal request was forwarded to the team by the banking team"
"I request you to be online, I will transfer the chat to the banking team"

"
I am sorry for the inconvenience to address your query as you have reached the Retail Banking desk which specializes in handling savings account queries.
Do not worry, I will help you by transferring this chat to respective Credit Card team."

3RD chat agent was so scared , they hid their name under ID..
"
CQT354430

"Could you please confirm from which you are trying to merge"

"
CQT354430
As I check your customer id is in active for the 3 credit cards"

WTF? I hold only 2 cards ever? Where did the 3rd one appear from? LOL

Flower 🌺🌸nahi Fire hai main.🔥🔥🔥...😄😄

Next target Union Bank....😄

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
chat agent tries to play football with me , and I immediately complain to nodal and PNO : 😁 dont mess with me axis folks:LOL::LOL:

"as I noted, the internal request was forwarded to the team by the banking team"
"I request you to be online, I will transfer the chat to the banking team"

"
I am sorry for the inconvenience to address your query as you have reached the Retail Banking desk which specializes in handling savings account queries.
Do not worry, I will help you by transferring this chat to respective Credit Card team."

3RD chat agent was so scared , they hid their name under ID..
"
CQT354430

"Could you please confirm from which you are trying to merge"

"
CQT354430
As I check your customer id is in active for the 3 credit cards"

WTF? I hold only 2 cards ever? Where did the 3rd one appear from? LOL

Flower 🌺🌸nahi Fire hai main.🔥🔥🔥...😄😄

Next target Union Bank....😄

@cardex , here it is for you

cardex

TF Premier
Mantra to deal with these banks, make a lot of noise, lots, keeping branch in cc.
There is nothing more scary for the branch employees to be mentioned in complaints. Screw their happiness.

My issue was resolved 😁. Got a call from pno office , udhar bhi 🔥 kar dala.

Chhodne ka nahi bhai log, bole to.😆

rohit_

TF Premier
I raised this issue with RBI on 03 Nov 2023: Unable to link UPI

On November 22, 2023, the Regional Nodal Officer contacted me and said they would look into the matter and provide a resolution. After that, there was complete silence until November 13, 2023, when branch officials contacted me, saying that if I took a debit card, the matter would be resolved. They assured me the card was free, so I agreed. After OTP verification, the card was delivered today, on December 17, 2023. However, in the interim, the regional nodal officer contacted me again on December 15, 2023, mentioning that the card had been issued and would be delivered soon. I reiterated my concern that while the debit card may work, my original query remained unresolved. I also mentioned that though the card was issued free of charge, there might be future fees. He suggested saving his number and the branch official's number, assuring me that if charges were applied, they would reverse them. Then, he mentioned sending me an email to confirm if the card worked with UPI after its delivery. I agreed. Today, I replied to their email, and now I'm waiting to see what happens.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Today I send them Mail:

Dear Sir/Mam,
I am writing to follow up on my previous complaint regarding the inability to link my Axis Bank account to UPI without an active debit card. While I appreciate receiving my online rewards debit card today, December 17, 2023, and successfully linking my account to UPI, this does not resolve the core issue of my complaint.
My concern remains that Axis Bank's policy of not showing accounts in UPI unless linked to an active debit card is inconvenient and potentially unfair. If this is a technical issue within your system, I urge you to prioritize a fix. However, if this is an intentional policy requiring an active debit card to even display an account on UPI, I find it frankly disappointing and inconvenient for customers like myself.
I understand that setting up a UPI PIN requires a debit card, but merely viewing account information and receiving money should not be contingent upon having one. This policy seems outdated, especially considering RBI's recent initiatives like UPI PIN creation through Aadhaar cards implemented by many other banks.
Furthermore, during our phone conversation, I was assured that no charges would be associated with this online rewards debit card, now or in the future. I would appreciate a written confirmation of this commitment for future reference.
Therefore, I urge Axis Bank to reconsider its policy of hiding accounts not linked to active debit cards from UPI platforms. This practice creates unnecessary hurdles for customers and goes against the spirit of open access to financial services. I believe offering the option to view account information and receive money through UPI regardless of debit card linkage would be a positive step towards improving customer experience and financial inclusion.
Additionally, I would appreciate an update regarding any system upgrades or policy changes that would allow me to access UPI (not transactions, only showing the account in UPI) without the debit card. If such a solution becomes available, I would prefer to deactivate my debit card as it is no longer necessary for my needs.
Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. I look forward to a resolution that addresses the core issue of my complaint.
The Regional Nodal Officer contacted me today and requested me to withdraw my complaint. Their reasoning was that their IT team is actively working on resolving the issue, and as an alternative, my UPI is now functional with a free debit card. However, I declined their offer and stated that I wouldn't consider withdrawing the complaint until the core issue is completely resolved.

vijay.vj

TF Ace
The Regional Nodal Officer contacted me today and requested me to withdraw my complaint. Their reasoning was that their IT team is actively working on resolving the issue, and as an alternative, my UPI is now functional with a free debit card. However, I declined their offer and stated that I wouldn't consider withdrawing the complaint until the core issue is completely resolved.
You are doing great, trying to solve the issue for everyone else in current & future.

How many days did it take for Bank to respond post complaint to RBI?