• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

ZipPaylater Only Reported My Late Payment, Not Full History to Credit Bureau

learnuser

TF Neo
I've been a Zip Paylater customer since October 2022. Unfortunately I missed making a full payment once and only paid the 2,500 minimum. I later paid remaining 5,000 plus around 700-800rs in penalty fees.

ZipPaylater started reporting my payment history to credit bureaus in May 2023. However, they have only reported my late partial payment of July month. None of my good payment history from October 2022 to April 2023 seems to have been reported.

After the late payment, ZipPaylater froze my account and not provided any NOC. It seems very unfair that they are reporting only negative information that hurts my credit score. I made one mistake after several months of on-time payments.

Has anyone else had an issue with ZipPaylater reporting to credit bureaus? Please share any advice on what next steps I could take🙏

This kind of pay later services are always very bad for CIBIL. If you care for your credit score. Then close the current one and avoid pay laters in future.A fd credit card can boost your cibil score and in future you can go for unsecured credit cards.

I've been a Zip Paylater customer since October 2022. Unfortunately I missed making a full payment once and only paid the 2,500 minimum. I later paid remaining 5,000 plus around 700-800rs in penalty fees.

ZipPaylater started reporting my payment history to credit bureaus in May 2023. However, they have only reported my late partial payment of July month. None of my good payment history from October 2022 to April 2023 seems to have been reported.

After the late payment, ZipPaylater froze my account and not provided any NOC. It seems very unfair that they are reporting only negative information that hurts my credit score. I made one mistake after several months of on-time payments.

Has anyone else had an issue with ZipPaylater reporting to credit bureaus? Please share any advice on what next steps I could take🙏
Write 2 mails, 1 to Zip Paylater team and second to the Credit Bureau. To the Paylater team, ask them to update the credit report and show proper payments.
To the Credit bureau. Share proofs that you have made the payments on time and ask them to rectify it on the Report.

I had a very interesting Case with Amazon PL.
About 3 years ago, I was in France for trip, and in that time zone, I missed the notification and made the payment on the night of 5th, which in India is 6th. Now, of course that time I realized that it's going to be trouble so I took screenshot that the App was showing, payment was made on 5th. A few months later when they reported late payment to Credit Bureaus. I think it was Experian and CRIF, I sent the emails, then every week reminder and just like (after following up for 1 month), They updated the reports and changed that.

So, based off of that experience. I think you can try this approach.

Except ZipPaylater, I have nearly closed all my other paylater services. Now I'm getting my first unsecured credit card on a salary slip basis from Axis Bank. The biometric formalities are done. again I feared that they had enquire my CIBIL score. Till now, I doesn't get any mail or message from axis bank

Except ZipPaylater, I have nearly closed all my other paylater services. Now I'm getting my first unsecured credit card on a salary slip basis from Axis Bank. The biometric formalities are done. again I feared that they had enquire my CIBIL score. Till now, I doesn't get any mail or message from axis bank
All the best for your Credit Journey my dude.

You can track axis cc status online.

Write 2 mails, 1 to Zip Paylater team and second to the Credit Bureau. To the Paylater team, ask them to update the credit report and show proper payments.
To the Credit bureau. Share proofs that you have made the payments on time and ask them to rectify it on the Report.

About 3 years ago, I was in France for trip, and in that time zone, I missed the notification and made the payment on the night of 5th, which in India is 6th. Now, of course that time I realized that it's going to be trouble so I took screenshot that the App was showing, payment was made on 5th. A few months later when they reported late payment to Credit Bureaus. I think it was Experian and CRIF, I sent the emails, then every week reminder and just like (after following up for 1 month), They updated the reports and changed that.

So, based off of that experience. I think you can try this approach.
Hehe, smart move 😉.

Shouldn’t have been reported in the first place.

AMAZON PL gives 3 days of grace after 5th, I myself have paid after the 5th on several occasions, NO late payment was ever reported to any of the bureaus ever !

Back