• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

aviator

TF Buzz
I will be paying income tax of about Rs.3 lakhs, planning to get ICICI Amazon pay or Standard Chartered Smart Cashback card for the same. Please help me with the following:
  1. How soon the card application be processed? I am an existing customer of SCB but no relationship with ICICI
  2. Would any of these give the card number generated instantly or before the card is delivered?
  3. Instead should I use my existing cards for payment? - Amex Gold, MRCC, DCB, Yes Reserv, OneCard?
  4. Any other cards to be tried for tax & NPS?

Anindya98

TF Premier
How soon the card application be processed?
Usually within 5 business days, the card is processed.
I am an existing customer of SCB but no relationship with ICICI
Do you have any offers on Amazon for Apay card? If not then you can't apply Apay directly and the Chances of getting Apay is also less even if you have the offer. Better use your existing card.
Would any of these give the card number generated instantly or before the card is delivered?
In case of ICICI, the card is visible in iMobile app within few hours of approval. But as you are NTB you have to wait for the physical card delivery to log in to the app using the card details.
Instead should I use my existing cards for payment? - Amex Gold, MRCC, DCB, Yes Reserv, OneCard?
Yes, try to use milestone-based cards to get more rewards.