• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

30% off on Eazydiner, 20% off on Bookmyshow, Amazon, Swiggy using Kotak bank Everyday RuPay Platinum Debit Card

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
No, I like those places and I go there frequently. I have no incentive to name them. You can call them dirty, but they are simply providing you 75% quality for 75% price, so their logic makes perfect sense.

And in any case, naming a couple of such restaurants will hardly make a difference because plenty of others do it as well. It cannot be avoided so easily. If you are lucky, you can land at places that don't do this.
Naam toh btao na yar, aise maza nhi ayga. delhi ncr me hua to kisi din chalte hai.
Ek table tum book krna and dusri ED se m kar duga.

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
Another point here is never pre-inform them abt your booking thru some apps. If you doubt on the quality of service/food being degraded, let them know abt it when you are done eating, and avail the discounts at billing time.

Naam toh btao na yar, aise maza nhi ayga. delhi ncr me hua to kisi din chalte hai.
Ek table tum book krna and dusri ED se m kar duga.

Experiment chalana hai toh there are plenty of places you can try, lol. Why would I risk a place that I like? You have friends? Use them.

Let me clear some air here. The payment offer (on eazydiner via cc) is something easydiner as a platform provides it to us and the restaurant receives the full amount. This is the cut beared by eazydiner similar to what riders get in ola,uber etc.
The upfront discount shown in eazdiner restaurants (like 10%,20%,25% for prime) are something that is a mutual and exclusive agreement between the restaurant and eazydiner. Now if the restaurant has a problem here, they would anyway discontinue the tie-up. Also, these types of restaurants also have other concurrent tie-ups in zomtao,swigg etc, so they anyway offer discount through other channels too.
The restaurants do have to pay Eazydiner. It is not a free ride.

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
The restaurants do have to pay Eazydiner. It is not a free ride.
Pay for the tie-up? Obviously yes.
But why that would make them ignore a customer, the tie-up fee is a general and one time activity, not recovered on every customer's bill. The point here is eazydiner is not a thief and snatching away restaurant's money here. This is a business partnership, if the restaurant is making loss, they will get themselves delisted or if they ignore Ed customers like you, you should request ED to delist them , as simple as that

But why that would make them ignore a customer, the tie-up fee is a general and one time activity, not recovered on every customer's bill. The point here is eazydiner is not a thief and snatching away restaurant's money here. This is a business partnership, if the restaurant is making loss, they will get themselves delisted or if they ignore Ed customers like you, you should request ED to delist them , as simple as that
Restaurants pay Eazydiner for every diner that books through them.

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
Restaurants pay Eazydiner for every diner that books through them.
Is this an extra fee you are talking abt, like over and above the upfront discount restaurant offered on the ED app? Anyway, the same argument could be made on food delivery as well. The same tie-up can be rewarding for one while loss making for another. So, such restaurants which objects are not in a good space wrt their business sense.

Ye Stockholm syndrome to nhi ho rha tumhe...
That is like saying that techfino members who hide tricks in private groups and do not disclose it to others are suffering from Stockholm syndrome. They are doing it for personal benefit, right? Similarly I am paying full price at the places I like because I like the full service that provides me. It benefits me.

Is this an extra fee you are talking abt, like over and above the upfront discount restaurant offered on the ED app? Anyway, the same argument could be made on food delivery as well. The same tie-up can be rewarding for one while loss making for another. So, such restaurants which objects are not in a good space wrt their business sense.
It is similar to delivery. Everyone knows that restaurants have a lower price on their menu when you dine in at their establishment or order directly from them. And they have a higher price on the menu you see on Swiggy/Zomato etc. They have to make the customer pay in some way for the platform hafta vasooli.

So why are people so reluctant to understand that when people make use of a dine-in discount, they will not receive the full quality that a full paying diner will get?

Financial principles of profit and loss do not change just because the app changes.

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
That is like saying that techfino members who hide tricks in private groups and do not disclose it to others are suffering from Stockholm syndrome. They are doing it for personal benefit, right? Similarly I am paying full price at the places I like because I like the full service that provides me. It benefits me.
This point/argument of yours on degradation of service is somewhat true in hotel industry, there I myself have first hand experience of owners giving less priority to guests booking accommodation on discounts via some platform vs those directly paying full price upfront.
But hard to believe in dine-in industry, at least I don't think quality or quantity of food can be compromised, this is clearly not right

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I guess ED's model is sustainable as major chunk of discount is absorbed by banks.
And no doubt this discount culture has affected the industry but it is here to stay.
Only deep, unsustainable discounts harms the industry, which zomato used to provide.
Zomato exploited these restaurants a lot initially when gold was launched

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hmmm.
Full service package...

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
This point/argument of yours on degradation of service is somewhat true in hotel industry, there I myself have first hand experience of owners giving less priority to guests booking accommodation on discounts via some platform vs those directly paying full price upfront.
But hard to believe in dine-in industry, at least I don't think quality or quantity of food can be compromised, this is clearly not right
If they are bad, they are bad for everyone. This is what i believe.
And if you go and check the kitchen, then every restaurant is bad for everyone, no matter how much you are paying.