• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

30% off on Eazydiner, 20% off on Bookmyshow, Amazon, Swiggy using Kotak bank Everyday RuPay Platinum Debit Card

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
If you visit a busy and happening restaurant, nobody has got the time there to notice you and your booking medium and accordingly make changes.
As I said, the restaurants who might be practicing this, themselves are not worth visiting , their food may even be unhygienic or not fresh, forget discounts

The restaurant made the decision to take bookings on the app considering profit or loss? Or they are still dumb to continue making losses?
They can make the calculus of whether the increased exposure on Eazydiner offsets the lower margins or losses they make via offering discounts. They can consider that the cost of marketing/publicity.

If they find that that cost is proving too costly for them and does not make financial sense, then they have two options - either to delist from the platform, or to improve the margins in some way. Improving margins can be done by increasing the prices for customers through the app, or if the app insists that the prices cannot be increased, then they will have to reduce the quantity/quality/service level to match the money they are getting from that customer.

Eazydiner makes a lot of sense for buffets, because the manager cannot force the discount customer to eat less. For a la carte, it becomes a matter of trying one's luck. I think the easier stress free way is to just pay with a good cashback card like the 10% HSBC one.

If you visit a busy and happening restaurant, nobody has got the time there to notice you and your booking medium and accordingly make changes.
As I said, the restaurants who might be practicing this, themselves are not worth visiting , their food may even be unhygienic or not fresh, forget discounts
You can get unhygienic and not fresh food from restaurants that do not play this game too. There is no co-relation there.

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
You can get unhygienic and not fresh food from restaurants that do not play this game too. There is no co-relation there.
This is what we are trying to say, the restaurant won't turn unheiginc or has a button to degrade the quality if the booking is made through some app via discount.
As predator said, if it is bad, it is bad for everyone.

This is what we are trying to say, the restaurant won't turn unheiginc or has a button to degrade the quality if the booking is made through some app via discount.
As predator said, if it is bad, it is bad for everyone.
Oh no, I'm not saying it will be unhygienic. They might reduce the quantity, put your order on lower priority in the kitchen, the server might take his own sweet time and not be very friendly, you might get the worst table in the house etc..

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
Oh no, I'm not saying it will be unhygienic. They might reduce the quantity, put your order on lower priority in the kitchen, the server might take his own sweet time and not be very friendly, you might get the worst table in the house etc..
This is not likely to happen in a busy and popular restaurant, as I said they don't have time to play this game if their seats remain mostly full. They would also want you to leave the house early, so that next customer checks in soon, isn't it?
The thing is here there are very less chances or time to recover anything from the customer, whereas in hotels etc due to the larger stay, they can easily compensate this part from the customers.

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
If the staff is trained like this then it's a matter of concern.
Not a good practice imo.
Here, the service staff and cook might not even be aware the customer booked via xyz app. Lolz, they need to coordinate this info among 10+ staff otherwise, too much of additional work on their part.
But easily achievable if the restaurant is empty and non-profiltable one with less staff

Predator

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Here, the service staff and cook might not even be aware the customer booked via xyz app. Lolz, they need to coordinate this info among 10+ staff otherwise, too much of additional work on their part.
But easily achievable if the restaurant is empty and non-profiltable one with less staff
Yes, it would be too much effort and also puts the image of restaurant at stake too.
No good place would risk it.

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
Can i take ruplat card on kotak 811 account ?
@Abhishek012
Pahele muh se supari nikal k baat karo.

phir-hera-pheri-muh-se-supaari-nikal-ke-baat-kar.gif