• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Aadhaar OTP based online bank accounts?

xiddy

TF Premier
What happens if you open multiple Aadhaar OTP based online bank accounts? I was told that you can open only 1 while opening my Kotak 811 account a while back. Is that limit still enforced?

What happens if you open multiple Aadhaar OTP based online bank accounts? I was told that you can open only 1 while opening my Kotak 811 account a while back. Is that limit still enforced?
Nothing will happen 😁

Already opened Axis, Kotak, DBS, Fino, Federal, Equitas, Fi, RBL, India Post and more 🤣 Still nothing happened to me and my accounts 😃

What you talking about is for limited kyc or mini kyc verify using adhar OTP. After video kyc no such limitations are there.

It's actually a guideline by RBI to have a single account with mini kyc or adhar OTP verification but till now nothing would happen if you go for multiple one.

Sorry but which Clause V's which point?
If you see point vi suggests the same thing which I am talking about that you can't open more than 1 OTP based account.

"A declaration shall be obtained from the customer to the effect that no
other account has been opened nor will be opened using OTP based KYC
either with the same RE or with any other RE. Further, while uploading KYC.............. "

Can you please point me to the clause where it is clearly mentioned "But once you have done full KYC (physical or VKYC) its no longer OTP based acc" OR is it that at a time I shouldn't have 2 OTP based account?

But even if one account is opened using OTP and later on converted to full KYC, 2nd time if I want to open a new digital account again for some time till now I didn't do full KYC, ideally it's a OTP based.

Sorry but which Clause V's which point?
If you see point vi suggests the same thing which I am talking about that you can't open more than 1 OTP based account.

"A declaration shall be obtained from the customer to the effect that no
other account has been opened nor will be opened using OTP based KYC
either with the same RE or with any other RE. Further, while uploading KYC.............. "

Can you please point me to the clause where it is clearly mentioned "But once you have done full KYC (physical or VKYC) its no longer OTP based acc" OR is it that at a time I shouldn't have 2 OTP based account?

But even if one account is opened using OTP and later on converted to full KYC, 2nd time if I want to open a new digital account again for some time till now I didn't do full KYC, ideally it's a OTP based.
V.v "Accounts, both deposit and borrowal, opened using OTP based e-KYC shall not be allowed for more than one year within which Customer Due Diligence (CDD) procedure as provided in section 16 or as per the first proviso of Section 17 of the Principal Direction is to be completed. If the CDD procedure is not completed within a year, in respect of deposit accounts, the same shall be closed immediately. In respect of borrowal accounts no further debits shall be allowed."

So within a year, either it has to be converted to full KYC acct with CDD (i.e. no longer OTP based) or it will be closed. Which imples that Full CDD acct is diff from OTP based acct.

Back