• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accor Account hacked and 129393 Reward points used

my all accor account has been hacked and someone redeemed 129393 points at 3:30 am on 7th may , I immediately informed all accor team and they have ask to fill a disputed form.
Hacker used the points to book iphone 15 pro in gemanay address that cannot be cancelled.
I am worrying whether I will get my points back.
Any help in this regard is appreciated.
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-09 at 5.22.22 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-05-09 at 5.22.22 PM.jpeg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-05-09 at 5.23.22 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-05-09 at 5.23.22 PM.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Do you know where to change the password on the website, when you are already logged in automatically?
I don't see anywhere to change the password

use forgot password after loggging out
i even changed my email 😂
I can change password on the app
Account --Advanced settings--edit password

but I cannot find a way to change the password on the website without logging out.
I am doing this for another family member account

Once logged in on desktop site, go to Profile.

On profile page, click on see status details. It will be next to your accor card image. Then scroll down and there is option to update password.

Unfortunately it does not ask to reconfirm the new password. Just one box to update password. Shows how casual they are on password management

Once logged in on desktop site, go to Profile.

On profile page, click on see status details. It will be next to your accor card image. Then scroll down and there is option to update password.

Unfortunately it does not ask to reconfirm the new password. Just one box to update password. Shows how casual they are on password management
I found it
It shows below all the point conversions.

Desktop site. Not mobile

Click profile on top right. Profile page will open. Then click see status details. New page will open. Then scroll down to the option of "update password". There is no option called change password

Desktop site. Not mobile

Click profile on top right. Profile page will open. Then click see status details. New page will open. Then scroll down to the option of "update password". There is no option called change password
On the laptop browser it is below the Accor point conversion history in
Other parameters--update password

On the mobile App its different
Account --Advanced settings--edit password

Last edited:
I think just changing your Accor password to a very complicated one would be adequate.

there is no need to change your email or email password, because they did not hack in to the email

Do you know where to change the password on the website, when you are already logged in automatically?
I don't see anywhere to change the password
Use forgot password and change it.. that's what I did before hacker realized.. although she remains logged into my account on the ALL app on her phone as it doesn't get logged out automatically upon password change

Use forgot password and change it.. that's what I did before hacker realized.. although she remains logged into my account on the ALL app on her phone as it doesn't get logged out automatically upon password change
What is her name and how do you know it's a girl?.
And how you know she remains logged in on her mobile?
Have you been communicating with her?

What is her name and how do you know it's a girl?.
And how you know she remains logged in on her mobile?
Have you been communicating with her?
Yes I called the French number and it was a girl who answered. She has dropped a couple of threat emails to me stating she has my ALL account on the phone (it doesn't log out once logged in, no matter what someone else does, one needs to log out by ourselves). You can see email subject line - very bold hackers I must say!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    24.8 KB · Views: 24
Yes I called the French number and it was a girl who answered. She has dropped a couple of threat emails to me stating she has my ALL account on the phone (it doesn't log out once logged in, no matter what someone else does, one needs to log out by ourselves). You can see email subject line - very bold hackers I must say!
i think it logs out if you change password

i think it logs out if you change password
Nope I changed twice, doesn't log out of app. That's the way I could still see the points vanishing from my app after hacker had 1. changed email and 2. changed password

If you are logged in, you can quickly change the email followed by changing password. The point is fastest finger first, the hacker keeps changing email back to hers. But NEVER log out of your ALL app as if they have changed password, you cannot login again. I changed email on the App and then quickly changed password within 60 seconds to get access on the web portal also. But she has access on app for sure.

Nope I changed twice, doesn't log out of app. That's the way I could still see the points vanishing from my app after hacker had 1. changed email and 2. changed password

If you are logged in, you can quickly change the email followed by changing password. The point is fastest finger first, the hacker keeps changing email back to hers. But NEVER log out of your ALL app as if they have changed password, you cannot login again. I changed email on the App and then quickly changed password within 60 seconds to get access on the web portal also. But she has access on app for sure.
for me changing password logged me out of app as well. are u on android?

Can you see or find out the name, email and password of the hacker?
She is sending me direct emails so yes - threatening me so that I don't try to recover my points. She is French, using Google translator to send English emails. Have called her also to say a Hi :) I know address, email, phone number. So also filed an online report with French cybercrime portal.

Folks - has anyone other than Nikhil got their points back? I am emailing them every second day after doing the needful, but they aren't really responding. When I call, they say higher authorities are investigating.

Back