• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Surname Mistmatch with Accor account and ID proofs, guide on international hotel check-ins

vishalm

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Dear All,

My friend has some Accor points and he is planning to travel Europe on May with his family. He wants to redeem those points against the stays, however, while creating the Accor account with his email name was auto populated, he did not give much attention. But in his passport the Surname is mentioned as "Kumar" and in his Accor account mentioned something else.

Now if he makes the booking on Accor platform while checking into hotels will this be a problem for check in and especially to redeem the points for stays?

I have checked in his profile there is no option to change name, placed the request for change of surname as "name error" submitting the Aadhaar and PAN copies but they are asking Marriage certificate, name change certificate etc, do not know how it gets resolved. But if in case it remains as it is in Accor account and mismatch with passport what will be the scenario?

Please advice. Thanks in Advance

aswathsm

TF Buzz
Under my account -> your information -> personal information, you can change your name and click on save. This option is available in web application and not possible from mobile apps. Give a try.