• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accor Plus Membership Purchase : The Do's and Don'ts for Maximizing Your Benefits. | Hand on purchase experience

Yes i too got a loss of points when I dine in at a novotel restaurant
Initially they didn’t accept the booking by easy diner since it had discounted price
They said discounted booking they can’t accept points
So I cancelled ED and booked direct restaurant and had lunch
Thought of alacarte but after looking at the price menu I opted for buffet and at checkout it’s a qr scan in our mobile once the bill generated by restaurant but now comes the bad scenarios
A. Only price part can be paid by points not tax
B. After scan it automatically showed all consumed items with price only tax excluded so it took points from app which is not 4000 rupees for 20eur it took almost points equal to 80p value
I mean for 3000 bill it took 3800 around points
Good exploration so I decided ITC better👍View attachment 18070
if you have Accor plus then you would have get additional 16% (100%/No.of pac) discount on the bill.

One query.

If I already have points in Accor and convert to a paid membership, would that cause issues when the new number gets generated?

One query.

If I already have points in Accor and convert to a paid membership, would that cause issues when the new number gets generated?
No. The loyalty points account will be merged with paid membership account. However your loyalty membership number will change.

I noticed few issues on accor and requesting clarity:
1. Can rooms booked using discounted rate be paid using points . Attached screenshot shows the message of points applicability only for flexible rate.
2. If not online, can they ( discounted rate) be paid using points at the hotel
3. For same hotel i see different value of points
3500 for 4000 points and 7500 for 4000 points. Is the value of points decreases with room rate.

Attachments

• IMG_1213.jpeg
    IMG_1213.jpeg
    49.5 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1214.jpeg
    IMG_1214.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1215.jpeg
    IMG_1215.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 57
Saw on Twitter that accor has been removed from Axis.
Hope it's temporary

Edit - Travel portal shows that it's temporary for Accor& Vistara

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-06-09-42-43-55_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-06-09-42-43-55_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
My assumption is that Accor and Vistara will be back but with a reduced transfer value like 5:3 or 5 :2. Let's see..

IMO It doesn't make sense to just reduce vistara and Accor, people are using ITC, Marriot and others aggressively, too. It might be because of bulk credit of accelerated points yesterday. There is no loophole being exploited here, everyone's spending the points genuinely afaik. But I might be wrong.😅

Back