• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accor Plus Membership Purchase : The Do's and Don'ts for Maximizing Your Benefits. | Hand on purchase experience

Thanks for great info.

I purchased Accor plus membership in the month of November as I had Singapore visit planned for Dec / Jan time. Singapore has lot of properties with Accor plus. I paid with card for Accor plus explorer with one free night

When I entered the details location as Bangalore, I got lot of Bangalore vouchers (Novotel+ Grand Mercure + ibis) + Mysuru vouchers (Grand Mercure) + Kochi Novotel infopark vouchers + some Goa Novotel food vouchers

Some of these vouchers are useless as they are applicable if you are dining with 6+ members. But some vouchers are really useful (like free lunches / Dinners in Bangalore properties etc, and free / discounted spa at Tatva spa)

Best part is the free night stay. I used this for Swissotel Singapore and value of free night I received itself is far more than price I paid for membership. However, lot of times for booking Singapore properties, it gives message that stay plus is not available. You need to keep checking and once in a while it appears. You need to be quick in booking it once it shows.
Seems its not available for free stay this hotel in Singapore I see the pricing is 300 euro

Seems its not available for free stay this hotel in Singapore I see the pricing is 300 euro
Yes... it sometimes shows up and sometime it doesn't. It is a hit or a miss. This hotel especially has huge price fluctuations (other Accor properties in singapore as well). I was monitoring the prices for almost two weeks before making the booking. After that also, I cancelled first booking and rebooked again since prices dropped second time. Luckily it was free cancellation

Yes... it sometimes shows up and sometime it doesn't. It is a hit or a miss. This hotel especially has huge price fluctuations (other Accor properties in singapore as well). I was monitoring the prices for almost two weeks before making the booking. After that also, I cancelled first booking and rebooked again since prices dropped second time. Luckily it was free cancellation
Do you have suggestion which property to choose to maximize the benefit or value of accor membership by using one night stay free.
going to Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam, Japan

Accor website not working, I have a checkin tomorrow and want to redeem my points. Totally relying on Points as the booking is of around a lakh. The hotel confirmed that I can settle my bill using the points, but incase the server is down due to accor network, I am a little bit worried as I am not in a capacity to pay a bill of 1 lakh upfront.
Finally was able to Redeem my points at the Accor Property Novotel Juhu Beach. But its not that straight.

Booked 2 Rooms worth Rs 90000 for 4 Nights.

Directly booked from the Accor App without redemption of points while booking from the app.

During the Checkin at the Hotel, I asked to Redeem 48000 out of 50000 my points for the booking.

They agreed to the same, but there was no custom point selection for redemption. There were fixed number of points to be redeemed, example 2000, 8000, 10000 & 20000.

The catch here is, you have to redeem the points multiple times.

They redeemed 20000, then 10000, then 10000 and then 9000. Which required 4 times redemption using OTP (which never comes to the mobile number) it will come on the email easily.

I was able to Pay the Taxes as well using the points for this booking.

Note: You need to be patient for the process, if the Reservation desk says we cannot redeem more than the mentioned number of points.
tell them it is possible, you can redeem points multiple times for the same booking.

Overall it took 30 mins for me to checkin. So have patience and do this while checkin only, because incase you prefer to do it at the checkout the hotel might not be that supportive.

7BFFAD3E-9DA4-4AA7-8AF5-D020F0231EE7.png

Finally was able to Redeem my points at the Accor Property Novotel Juhu Beach. But its not that straight.

Booked 2 Rooms worth Rs 90000 for 4 Nights.

Directly booked from the Accor App without redemption of points while booking from the app.

During the Checkin at the Hotel, I asked to Redeem 48000 out of 50000 my points for the booking.

They agreed to the same, but there was no custom point selection for redemption. There were fixed number of points to be redeemed, example 2000, 8000, 10000 & 20000.

The catch here is, you have to redeem the points multiple times.

They redeemed 20000, then 10000, then 10000 and then 9000. Which required 4 times redemption using OTP (which never comes to the mobile number) it will come on the email easily.

I was able to Pay the Taxes as well using the points for this booking.

Note: You need to be patient for the process, if the Reservation desk says we cannot redeem more than the mentioned number of points.
tell them it is possible, you can redeem points multiple times for the same booking.

Overall it took 30 mins for me to checkin. So have patience and do this while checkin only, because incase you prefer to do it at the checkout the hotel might not be that supportive.

View attachment 16781
Thanks for sharing your experience 😃 I am hoping to book a stay and pay at hotel soon!

Also note the stays with points can also give you some rewards points, stay points and stay nights back. Just claim using the form if not added within a week. It will be added to your milestone for the next tier

Hi anyone modified their booking by paying room charges by points adjustment
My scenario it’s required 32k points for full booking in EUR and I have currently around 8k so when I try book now it’s showing I can use points upto 160EUR slider I can choose but I want whole 32k to be paid by points and waiting for Axis bank Magnus card this month bonus points to transfer
So I cancelled booking as of now and if anyone booked later paid for it by points before checkin then I can do that now
Else waiting for points but got a fear if once points come then room if not available 😊

My scenario it’s required 32k points for full booking in EUR and I have currently around 8k so when I try book now it’s showing I can use points upto 160EUR slider I can choose but I want whole 32k to be paid by points and waiting for Axis bank Magnus card this month bonus points to transfer
So I cancelled booking as of now and if anyone booked later paid for it by points before checkin then I can do that now
Else waiting for points but got a fear if once points come then room if not available 😊
Book without points and settle bill at hotel using points

Settle at the hotel, one more upside is you can do 1000 denominations too.

Also, 32k points damn, please share the hotel list too, would be helpful :D

Settle at the hotel, one more upside is you can do 1000 denominations too.

Also, 32k points damn, please share the hotel list too, would be helpful :D
In my booking total bill is 5500

When i used points it only used 2000 points for around 3700 rs. So now i am supposed to pay INR 1800 at hotel in cash

If i cancel booking and then do booking reservation via card for now and tell them to use points at chekin/checkout etc, then does it mean they will use 3000 points and i wont have to pay anything in cash?

Back