• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Air India SBI Signature Card - Best Ever?

prince747

TF Buzz
[I had posted this previously as a reply in a different thread but sharing it here as a separate post because I believe this card deserves RESPECT]

July 1, 2024:
1. I upgraded from Simply Click to Signature in February 2024.
2. Forgot to add FFP number on my application. SBI created a new FFP number and sent the card. I also got an add on card later.
Then I called up SBI and asked them to change the FFP. They said ok and sent me a new primary card with my original FFP number embossed on it (same card number, FYI). They did not deduct any points for the change.
3. The whole process took1-2 weeks because some support staff didn't know how to deal with it.
accumulated some 15000 points over 4 months on regular usage. Converted them to FFP in June when Air India announced 20% bonus. Got an extra 3000 points there in the Air India account.
4. I have not paid the annual fee yet because my simply click was renewed in December, barely 2 months before I upgraded. So I am getting the benefits on Air India Signature card currently with the Rs. 500 annual fee I paid for SimplyClick.
5. I have just hit the threshold limit of 5 lakhs this month. Have to see how long it would take for them to credit the threshold bonus.
6. Booked my first ticket yesterday by redeeming 9500 points. Going to get a return ticket too on the same trip using the points I already have.
7. Have about 14000 RP now in SBI account. Expecting 20,000 bonus sometime after the next statement. Planning to accumulate the points and then transfer them to FFP whenever Air India announces another bonus. Hopefully soon.
8. On the routes that I often travel (DEL -> BLR, DEL -> MAA, DEL -> HYD) the points I have accumulated so far are (in less than 6 months) equal to at least 4-5 tickets. Without even paying the Rs 5000 joining fee yet. I'd rate that as EXCELLENT.

My experience has been smooth so far and I hope it remains the same.

UPDATE: July 11, 2024

The threshold bonus of 20,000 RP after hitting spending of Rs 5 Lakh has been credited to my account automatically. I didn't have to ask or do anything.

(Sharing this because I've seen a few folks report here that their experience has not been good generally when it comes to claiming threshold bonuses)
1720648219240.webp

Yes. This was totally out of the blue for me.

I didn't imagine conversion rate (ffp points to tickets in Rs) will be as good as it is.

I have certain planned expenditures this year and I see myself hitting the 10 lakh milestone and getting the 30k bonus points too. With regular spending points of 20k for the next 5 lakh, together it would be 50k points more.

And I plan to accumulate until there is another bonus announcement like last month.

In all this is worth 8-10 tickets for me.

It seems so good that I now fear devaluation could hit us anytime (maybe once the Vistara merger is complete).

[I had posted this previously as a reply in a different thread but sharing it here as a separate post because I believe this card deserves RESPECT]

July 1, 2024:
2. Forgot to add FFP number on my application. SBI created a new FFP number and sent the card. I also got an add on card later.
Then I called up SBI and asked them to change the FFP. They said ok and sent me a new primary card with my original FFP number embossed on it (same card number, FYI). They did not deduct any points for the change.
3. The whole process took1-2 weeks because some support staff didn't know how to deal with it.
accumulated some 15000 points over 4 months on regular usage. Converted them to FFP in June when Air India announced 20% bonus. Got an extra 3000 points there in the Air India account.
4. I have not paid the annual fee yet because my simply click was renewed in December, barely 2 months before I upgraded. So I am getting the benefits on Air India Signature card currently with the Rs. 500 annual fee I paid for SimplyClick.
5. I have just hit the threshold limit of 5 lakhs this month. Have to see how long it would take for them to credit the threshold bonus.
6. Booked my first ticket yesterday by redeeming 9500 points. Going to get a return ticket too on the same trip using the points I already have.
7. Have about 14000 RP now in SBI account. Expecting 20,000 bonus sometime after the next statement. Planning to accumulate the points and then transfer them to FFP whenever Air India announces another bonus. Hopefully soon.
8. On the routes that I often travel (DEL -> BLR, DEL -> MAA, DEL -> HYD) the points I have accumulated so far are (in less than 6 months) equal to at least 4-5 tickets. Without even paying the Rs 5000 joining fee yet. I'd rate that as EXCELLENT.

The threshold bonus of 20,000 RP after hitting spending of Rs 5 Lakh has been credited to my account automatically. I didn't have to ask or do anything.

(Sharing this because I've seen a few folks report here that their experience has not been good generally when it comes to claiming threshold bonuses)
View attachment 60636
Did you buy Air India tickets with this card? How long did it take for the 30% reward points to get credited to your account? A lot of users complained about this and had to manually raise complaints with SBI and Air India to get them.

July 1, 2024:

View attachment 60636
I have an upgradation offer on my SBI Simply Click to SBI Signature Card (Joining fees-5000+GST) via SBI customer service over call. But I can't understand that SBI Signature Card and SBI Air India Signature Card both are same or not? Customer executive only said SBI signature card nothing more. Kindly tell me both cards are same or different?

I have an upgradation offer on my SBI Simply Click to SBI Signature Card (Joining fees-5000+GST) via SBI customer service over call. But I can't understand that SBI Signature Card and SBI Air India Signature Card both are same or not? Customer executive only said SBI signature card nothing more. Kindly tell me both cards are same or different?
Sorry, I do not know about SBI Signature card. If the name is not SBI Air India signature, then it surely is not the same. You can lookup for them on the SBIcard website and if they are different you'd find them both there.

Did you buy Air India tickets with this card? How long did it take for the 30% reward points to get credited to your account? A lot of users complained about this and had to manually raise complaints with SBI and Air India to get them.
I did not buy any Air India tickets on this card yet. I have two more pre-panned trips in August and I will use this card surely IF I happen to fly Air India. Will report my experience here then.

July 1, 2024:

View attachment 60636
When I applied foe upgrade they completely screwed it up and never received the card yet and gor cancelled and in cibil still it shows as open card although I wrote to PNO about it still same stupid attitude even after sending cibil report they still insist on me spending money for cibil report from them what I sent is not the one they say I sent it from my cibil which is transunion which banks consider. Finally I gave up with these sbi jokers although been a former sbi employee but we never used to keep pending nowadays sales backoffice is very bad in sbi

July 1, 2024:

View attachment 60636

How did you upgrade? Offline or online?

I have an old SimplyCLICK, too.

I emailed SBI about card conversion, they said they cannot do that online. How did you get it done?

That’s exactly what they told me over email. The Signature card is now Elite variant but they also mention that, causing confusion.

Understood they changed fromsignature to elite card

Yes, and, even then, they mention on call and even in mail by PNO itself, that I can avail SBI Signature at a fee of 4999. They go on to mention that SBI ELITE is also available. They are a weird bunch that way.

Yes, and, even then, they mention on call and even in mail by PNO itself, that I can avail SBI Signature at a fee of 4999. They go on to mention that SBI ELITE is also available. They are a weird bunch that way.
Yup they are weird bunch of staffs. Elite card is worthless they r pushing it for their targets. You ask something and they tell you something else.

Yup they are weird bunch of staffs. Elite card is worthless they r pushing it for their targets. You ask something and they tell you something else.

Completely. The PNO sent me an upgrade table with both ELITE and SIGNATURE. It was funny.

Tell him you want a co branded card

I did, they said they can’t directly without my application. Why, I don’t know.

I applied online itself and sent them the application number. Ball is in their court whatever they want to do.

Back