• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airtel Axis Bank Card less Cashback

I am also facing the same as per the spending, i am supposed to get around 540 rs cashback, but have only got 305rs. How do we resolve this? has anyone tried reaching the customer care on same and does any one seem to help? jitna cashback aaya hain uska sirf airtel black se hee aana chahiye tha.
It's due to Airtel recharge mcc error. We are getting bill payment mcc for recharge too.

Yes, I sent mail to fix the issue
Did the mail work? I got this reply from Axis:
"
According to our record, the transactions of Rs 1720/- made on March 18, 2024 and Rs 719/- made on April 11, 2024 are classified as utilities bill payments. Therefore, if you use the Airtel Thanks app to pay your utility bill, you won't get a 25% cashback. On the other hand, you will be rewarded with 10% cashback.

Cashback will be allocated for credit card transactions depending on merchant category codes.

Merchant category codes are not assigned by banks, but rather by the merchant's acquiring bank, according to definitions provided by the networks. The bank is given the MCC code for every transaction in the settlement file by the network, but it cannot determine or modify it."

What are as customers, we suppose to do with the MCC code? how stupid is this from the bank that they are denying services of the Company they have tied up with?

Someone please let me know how do we solve this? Does anyone have Airtel Mail, which can be helpful in adding the MCC or whatever these dumbs folks want?

Did the mail work? I got this reply from Axis:
"
According to our record, the transactions of Rs 1720/- made on March 18, 2024 and Rs 719/- made on April 11, 2024 are classified as utilities bill payments. Therefore, if you use the Airtel Thanks app to pay your utility bill, you won't get a 25% cashback. On the other hand, you will be rewarded with 10% cashback.

Cashback will be allocated for credit card transactions depending on merchant category codes.

Merchant category codes are not assigned by banks, but rather by the merchant's acquiring bank, according to definitions provided by the networks. The bank is given the MCC code for every transaction in the settlement file by the network, but it cannot determine or modify it."

What are as customers, we suppose to do with the MCC code? how stupid is this from the bank that they are denying services of the Company they have tied up with?

Someone please let me know how do we solve this? Does anyone have Airtel Mail, which can be helpful in adding the MCC or whatever these dumbs folks want?
Both are airtel bills and you got 10% cashback?

Back