Airtel Axis Bank Credit Card: Maximizing Your Cashback

Key Features

1725971272632.webp

• 25% Cashback on Airtel Payments 📲
    • Categories: Airtel (Prepaid, Postpaid, Wi-Fi, Black, DTH) bills via airtel app.
    • Cashback Cap: ₹250 per statement (limit reached if spent ₹1000).

• 10% Cashback on Utility Bill Payments :light-bulb:
    • Categories: Electricity, Gas, Water etc. via airtel app.
    • Cashback Cap: ₹250 per statement (limit reached if spent ₹2500).

• 10% Cashback on Zomato, Swiggy, BigBasket :hamburger:
    • Categories: BigBasket (SuperSaver, BB Now), Swiggy (Food, Dineout), Zomato (Food, Dining)
    • Cashback Cap: ₹500 per statement (limit reached if spent ₹5000).
    • Categories not eligible for 10% Cashback:
      • BigBasket: 'The Beauty Store', 'Fresho! Meats', etc.
      • Swiggy: 'Instamart', 'Genie', etc.
      • Zomato: 'Zomaland', 'Blinkit', etc.

• 1% Cashback on All Other Spends :shushing-face:
    • No Cap on the cashback amount.
    • Categories not eligible for 1% Cashback:
      • Fuel | EMI | Wallet Loading | Jewelry | Rent | Govt. services | Insurance | Education.
      • Utility spends not done via airtel app.

• Additional Benefits :airplane:
    • Airport Lounge Access: 4 complimentary domestic lounge visits per year (50k/Q* spends required).
    • Fuel Surcharge Waiver: 1% waiver on fuel transactions across India (min. 400 per transaction).
    • Annual Fee: ₹500 (waived on spending ₹2 lakhs in a year).

Spend Calculations

ScenarioReturn %Only on that Category Return %
Spend only on 25% Airtel PaymentsSpend: 12000
Paid annual fee: 590
Get cashback: 3000
Return: 20%
Spend: 12000
Return: 20%

//btw, airtel annual packs gives 15% discount.
Spend on 25% Airtel Payments + 10% UtilitiesSpend: 42000
Get cashback: 6000
Return: 13%
Spend: 30000
Return: 8%
Spend on 25% Airtel Payments + 10% Utilities + 10% Preferred AppSpend: 102000
Get cashback: 12000
Return: 11%
Spend: 60000
Get cashback: 6000
Return: 9%
after fully utilized above categories, spend remaining to get fee waiverSpend: 200000
Paid annual fee: 0
Get cashback: 12980
Return: 6%

How to Maximize Your Rewards

1. Utilize the Airtel Thanks App: Make all your Airtel payments and utility bill payments through the app to earn higher cashback.
  2. Plan Dining and Grocery Spends: Use the card on Zomato, Swiggy, and BigBasket to get 10% cashback.
  3. Don't Aim for Annual Fee Waiver: Pay annual fee to get higher %, know when to stop using card.

Note: Above calculations assumed only if one spends on mentioned categories fully every month for whole year. which is a rare scenario, so consider your spends and calculate 50%-80% reward rate based on that.

Realistic Return %​

Note: An example scenario

airtel 2GB/day for 365 days cost: ₹3599
2GB/day for 28 days cost: ₹349 (with airtel card we're getting 25% discount, so actually we're paying ₹262 which means annually paying ₹3141 (hopefully no devaluation by that time))

so, actual % we're getting for airtel recharges using airtel app when paid through airtel axis credit card: 12%

If we consider that value, then spend on 12% Airtel Payments + 10% Utilities + 10% Preferred App = 9.65%
or spent whole 2 Lacs = 5.71%

// Best card for up-to 2L annual spends (when fully utilized airtel bills, utility and preferred partner app benefits)

Alternative or additional card (HSBC Live+): https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/hsbc-live-previously-cashback-benefits.17087/

Folks,
Need your advice on max cashback
I made two payments in Aug,
1) 3003 dated 22 aug, for Airtel new broadband connection, paid via Airtel thanks app
2) 589 dated 30-aug for another Airtel fiber broadband connection , paid via Airtel thanks app
Statement generated date is 1st of every month.
But I received cashback credit of only ₹147 on 27-sept.
No other txns in the card.
I should get ₹250, correct?

Folks,
1) 3003 dated 22 aug, for Airtel new broadband connection, paid via Airtel thanks app
2) 589 dated 30-aug for another Airtel fiber broadband connection , paid via Airtel thanks app

AXIS is statement based.

So, check all your transactions especially it records each transaction cashback in statement.

let us know which one do you think inconsistency.

Note: Check only on generated statement.

Folks,

Correct.

BTW, Aug 30 was Friday. You could have just used the Amazon RuPay Friday offer to get Rs.100. By making two payments in the same category, the software just took the last/least payment. Smart. You should really contact Axis for this.

3) ₹417 on 20-sept for 'Swiggy Instamart BangaloreIND' txn (merchant category: Dept Stores) this was paid via Swiggy app, shows as cashback earned only ₹4 (that's 1%)
Here too, I should get a credit of ₹41 (10%) in the next month statement, correct?

Correct. However, typical Axie doesn't work as it should be. I usually ignore such inconsistencies in Swiggy and Zomato. Yet, I always got the difference after a couple of months. YMMV.

I have a doubt. I have two airtel connections and there would be a point where both the recharges fall in same statement period. In that case can I recharge one number before actual recharge date? This was possible in Jio.
By this I can get cashback for both recharges.

I have a doubt. I have two airtel connections and there would be a point where both the recharges fall in same statement period. In that case can I recharge one number before actual recharge date? This was possible in Jio.
By this I can get cashback for both recharges.

In general, if the plan is the same, yes, you can queue the plans. If the plan changes, please read the TnC carefully (second point from top)...

View attachment 70864

Here is the picture
I have received cashback for ₹589 , that's ₹147
Didn't receive anything for 3003.
Total cashback recived : ₹147
3003 must have been made on a browser that opened inside airtel thanks app right? It must be considered utility outside of airtel thanks, so no CB for that.

CB is only for BBPS utility payments done via pay tab of airtel thanks app as far as i know.

3003 must have been made on a browser that opened inside airtel thanks app right? It must be considered utility outside of airtel thanks, so no CB for that.

CB is only for BBPS utility payments done via pay tab of airtel thanks app as far as i know.
I understand, but payment was done inside Airtel Thanks app.
Still it is Airtel bill. If I got 10%, that logic would have been correct. But I got zero.
Anyway I will fight it out with Nodal officer

I understand, but payment was done inside Airtel Thanks app.
Still it is Airtel bill. If I got 10%, that logic would have been correct. But I got zero.
Anyway I will fight it out with Nodal officer
It's not technically airtel thanks app as new connection payment will open as a in built browser inside the app. Like clicking on links in gmail app. I made the payment with a different card for the same reason.

View attachment 70898
Bill also showed ₹147. I didn't notice this last month.

drop a mail to support (https://application.axisbank.co.in/webforms/axis-support/index.aspx?cta=axis-support-header)

with invoice as bill payment screenshot, and mention "this 22/08 transaction as mentioned statement"

you'll get the remaining cashback upto the limit for that month. you'll definitely get the 103rs for sure, if you follow-up with patience.

Good luck!