• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airtel Axis Card - Utility Bill Fetch Failure

I have been using Airtel Axis card for the past 8 months. Mostly using it for Utility and Broadband payments via Airtel Thanks App. Utility Bill payments and Airtel Thanks App are combination made in heaven !!!! ( /s )

I have had problems from the moment I started using Airtel Thanks app for Utility Bill payments. Some of the examples:
  1. I fetched Electricity bill, but couldn't see Credit card as a payment mode. Had to recharge a prepaid number in order to save the card to make it visible for Electricity bill payment.
  2. Had problem fetching Gas Bill for my BPCL provider multiple times and was getting errors like "One pending transaction", "Cannot fetch the bills right now". I had to try fetching the bill from 2 or 3 different accounts before finally fetching it.
Now for the past month, I literally cannot fetch my Gas bill ( screenshot attached ) from Airtel Thanks app. Tried different Airtel accounts, uninstalling & reinstalling, but nothing worked. I emailed wecare@airtelbank.com regarding the issue. They dragged the case for 1 week arguing that my Airtel savings account was dormant and that was the cause. After persuading them that it's not a payment issue but regarding bill fetching, they dropped the ball and asked me to contact 121@in.airtel.com. 121 team is now stating that this is a problem regarding Airtel bank and again redirecting me to ask the query on wecare@airtelbank.com.

I have gone back and forth between the two teams multiple times and at this point, they're not even reading my mails, just replying the same thing again and again. I tried contacting Axis, but they said that they'll resolve only credit card payment issue and Airtel Thanks app failure is not on their plate. I can fetch the bills just fine, on all other platforms and have been using Amazon to pay bills because of this.

If any of you here have Airtel Thanks App on their phone and have a BPCL gas connection, Could you please check if you can fetch the bill without any error? I want to know if this error is isolated only to my account/bpcl id.

Airtel Thanks app doesn't have a dedicated support team for Utility bill payments. I guess no matter whom I reach out, they just redirect saying that it's not their issue and contact the other team. I'm just grasping at straws here, Could anyone help out on how to resolve the issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230528-105828.png
    Screenshot_20230528-105828.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Try the below way for any bill payments. I'm using airtel thanks app for 1+ years to pay gas, electricity bills and 100% success till now. Others too confirm if this works for you.

Menu(Top Left)>Bank Profile>Pay Bill>

I have been using Airtel Axis card for the past 8 months. Mostly using it for Utility and Broadband payments via Airtel Thanks App. Utility Bill payments and Airtel Thanks App are combination made in heaven !!!! ( /s )

I have had problems from the moment I started using Airtel Thanks app for Utility Bill payments. Some of the examples:
  1. I fetched Electricity bill, but couldn't see Credit card as a payment mode. Had to recharge a prepaid number in order to save the card to make it visible for Electricity bill payment.
  2. Had problem fetching Gas Bill for my BPCL provider multiple times and was getting errors like "One pending transaction", "Cannot fetch the bills right now". I had to try fetching the bill from 2 or 3 different accounts before finally fetching it.
Now for the past month, I literally cannot fetch my Gas bill ( screenshot attached ) from Airtel Thanks app. Tried different Airtel accounts, uninstalling & reinstalling, but nothing worked. I emailed wecare@airtelbank.com regarding the issue. They dragged the case for 1 week arguing that my Airtel savings account was dormant and that was the cause. After persuading them that it's not a payment issue but regarding bill fetching, they dropped the ball and asked me to contact 121@in.airtel.com. 121 team is now stating that this is a problem regarding Airtel bank and again redirecting me to ask the query on wecare@airtelbank.com.

I have gone back and forth between the two teams multiple times and at this point, they're not even reading my mails, just replying the same thing again and again. I tried contacting Axis, but they said that they'll resolve only credit card payment issue and Airtel Thanks app failure is not on their plate. I can fetch the bills just fine, on all other platforms and have been using Amazon to pay bills because of this.

If any of you here have Airtel Thanks App on their phone and have a BPCL gas connection, Could you please check if you can fetch the bill without any error? I want to know if this error is isolated only to my account/bpcl id.

Airtel Thanks app doesn't have a dedicated support team for Utility bill payments. I guess no matter whom I reach out, they just redirect saying that it's not their issue and contact the other team. I'm just grasping at straws here, Could anyone help out on how to resolve the issue?
I am facing the same issue while paying Electricity bill on the app.

it can be one of the reason not the Only reason
Yes. I get it. But the app still has to allow for non-credit card customers right? I tried fetching the bill for my BPCL customer id on different Airtel accounts of my relatives as well, but still the same error. So, I can only conclude the issue to be only for my BPCL customer id (or) all BPCL customers in Airtel Thanks app. I don't know anyone having a BPCL connection. That's why I posted here to urge anyone who has a BPCL connection and Airtel Thanks app to check if they could fetch their bill without any error. But alas, No one else in this category has responded so far.

I have Indane Gas Connection.
It is working fine.

It may be biller specific or Airtel is restricting the Payment.

Check on other Payment Apps.
Other Apps are able to fetch bills.
If yes then Airtel is Restricting.
If no then Biller issue.
Yes. I get it. But the app still has to allow for non-credit card customers right? I tried fetching the bill for my BPCL customer id on different Airtel accounts of my relatives as well, but still the same error. So, I can only conclude the issue to be only for my BPCL customer id (or) all BPCL customers in Airtel Thanks app. I don't know anyone having a BPCL connection. That's why I posted here to urge anyone who has a BPCL connection and Airtel Thanks app to check if they could fetch their bill without any error. But alas, No one else in this category has responded so far.

I have Indane Gas Connection.
It is working fine.

It may be biller specific or Airtel is restricting the Payment.

Check on other Payment Apps.
Other Apps are able to fetch bills.
If yes then Airtel is Restricting.
If no then Biller issue.
Yeah. I've been using Amazon to pay bills for the past 3 months. Just wanted to utilize the 10% benefit on Gas bills. But, I wonder if it's worth the effort anymore

Back